Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment

Fuck off and find some shame you absolute fucking whore.

Oh god, this game was a horrorshow. Ofc super pleased with the point gained... and some of the fighting spirit... but that is about it.

I absolutely HATED how we started the game. We were so goddamn "polite" with them on the field. Gave them as much room as they wanted. We were not really ready to play from the whistle - first 20 minutes or so posession was 83-17 to City. And our movement was so bad that Rose did not have options to thow ball to already on 10th minute. We absolutely HAVE TO find a way to start games... well you know, same time as oppo team. We cannot give them flying start if we want to improve!!!

Sorry, I just think that if we aim high we should also be critical if it is honest. And honestly we were absolutely outplayed in first half at least. Let's face it - if some other team would play like we did, we would call it "anti-football" and would be fuming about the score not reflecing the game. Their movement and ball retention was something different than we were able to show today. I guess the biggest difference came from how dynamic and energetic was their midfield and how static was ours. We just had no time at all on the ball.

But of course the silver lining here is the point that we got from the hardest game of the season. Luckly after the interval we started to play with some more energy and we were more in the game. Though still struggled to build meaningful attacking movements.

Really happy that this is over now, and Son will be back for the next fixture!
Come on you Spurs, lets learn from here and carry on the season!

A great result and a big favour to Liverpool. Can anyone explain to me why Poch persists with Kane. I get that on his day and in the right game environment he is excellent. But in the wrong game, ie today, he is a complete waste of time. Why doesn't he give him say 45 minutes and if he looks like the game is too quick or the defenders too smart get him off?

If playing the most consistent striker in the EPL for the last five years needs explaining, then perhaps commenting on football is not your thing ... stick to worrying about Liverpool ....

Last edited:
A great result and a big favour to Liverpool. Can anyone explain to me why Poch persists with Kane. I get that on his day and in the right game environment he is excellent. But in the wrong game, ie today, he is a complete waste of time. Why doesn't he give him say 45 minutes and if he looks like the game is too quick or the defenders too smart get him off?

Master Bates has spoken..... :pochfacepalm:

And people say it's impossible to get a decent back up striker cos they wont be happy to sit on the bench....
Bollocks. We don't want or need a back up striker.
Surely we're a big enough and rich enough club to go out and get a striker capable of challenging Kane for his place in the starting 11. Not just some bum happy to sit on his arse and make the odd cameo appearance.
Kane, today, looked and played like a player lacking competition or motivation.
That should never be the case when you're playing for Tottenham Hotspur.
Playing for Spurs should be an honour. Not a God given right.

Didn't watch this on Sky, but how did the pundits see the result?

I assume its unlucky City, VAR is pathetic, Spurs were pretty poor and didn't deserve the points?

As opposed, to like any other team would travelling to City, praising us on how determined we were and how we managed to score 2 goals and get ourselves a point?

Thank god you've only posted 16 messages since signing up to the site.

Right. So we didn’t concede in the first 15 minutes tonight which is exactly what I asked for. I must admit I found poch’s tactics very Mourinho Esque today.

Offer fuck all going forward, pack the midfield and sit off, then just hope that we are as clinical as possible when the chances come.

To be honest, whatever he did to stop us panicking and conceding an early self inflicted goal seems to have worked this time around.

Can see him doing something similar at anfield this season but instead we should have son and Moura to offer more going forward on the break.

If this line up can get a point at city, I honestly think that once we have Lo celso, NDdombele, Son & Dele all fit and firing we will be a fucking force in this league. I’m fucking excited, I think we can win something this year.:sonlol:

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted by real grief and sadness. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain a favourable media payback.

An entire country bank rolls your club and based on your comment part of your City too. Yet United never had such an advantage and dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped by an entire country.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City were winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning by your owners ( country rulers ) No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. Sadly winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues surrounding it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions, City fans don’t seem to question a single thing. That is wrong.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have a free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve in their state with their female population. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right, is it ?

When Raheem Stirling smashes in a goal, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens, New York, yet again, they go unchallenged by all our media. Money don’t talk, it silences.

What plays out in a sanitised Amazon Documentary or within certain branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics, it’s propaganda and again the money is keeping (too many) people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for the rulers of UAE. For the city of Manchester, a place that once had Peterloo, to end up blind to this reality and clapping the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel & others has found to anyone who will listen and tell this mob to piss off. Number 2 does not seem to be on the verge of anyone’s to do list.

On the wider point about North West investment and north / south divide. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested and gives you any hiding place. Exactly why are you not pointing out that Edinburgh gets more than you, so it’s acceptable what your owners do.

Anyway, I’ve digressed. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky. Good. 2-2 and our supporters can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. City’s fans can’t sleep with the same feeling.

Last edited:
He’s got to be a troll.

Got a scouser vibe about him. You can smell them a mile away, quite literally. They're very unhygienic.

Yup, definitely a Scouse vermin. Signed up a few days after we played them at home last year and this was his first message:

I agree he looks like someone from a county league side. He is so off the pace physically and mentally. He should be dropped it must be demoralizing for the whole team to keep playing him. A strong manager would drop him. If he is a real world class potential player he will come back if not what is lost?

Foul vote cast

Last edited:
And people say it's impossible to get a decent back up striker cos they wont be happy to sit on the bench....
Bollocks. We don't want or need a back up striker.
Surely we're a big enough and rich enough club to go out and get a striker capable of challenging Kane for his place in the starting 11. Not just some bum happy to sit on his arse and make the odd cameo appearance.
Kane, today, looked and played like a player lacking competition or motivation.
That should never be the case when you're playing for Tottenham Hotspur.
Playing for Spurs should be an honour. Not a God given right.
There's always something.

As for Harry...the boy is Spurs through and through. To suggest he lacks motivation is mental.

In an interview before the season he was talking about the Golden Boot.

Even if he wasn't motivated to play for Spurs, which is bollocks, he's still Harry Kane. The geezer who wants the Golden Boot. So there's motivation.

Either way, questioning Harry's motivation is bonkers considering how he became who he is.

Let's not start questioning our boy. Please.

We get enough of it from everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom