Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet you have a really limp, damp handshake, sitting up there on your fence looking lovingly down at AVB and his wonderful approach to our club.

#atleastitsnotharry

Can you just have another mental breakdown and leave this place again like last year?

No one is happy about the result today but having to endure you makes it 1,000 times worse.

I am not even sure we got some of the right players, tbh.

1. You just need to look at Soldado and Negredo.
AVB's system needed a strong, target-man, create-his-own-chances type player.

And tbf, that's what he went after for. After we missed our original targets, I have NO idea what in the world Avb or Baldini, or whoever it was ... to be thinking Soldado was the man for us.

Fuck me, are we are so deluded to think that Soldado is the right guy for us?
All his significant career he has been that poacher type player, and now at Soldado's age of 29 ... AVB is trying to use him differently?!!

Will he ever click how we want it to? ... As much of a good player he is and as much I would like him to ... I don't think so ... well, at least not in this current system.

2. Then, there's another one ... Paulo.
I dont get what you fellas see in him. Even before we bought him I never understood what we were getting.

Like I said, his movement is great, but other than that ... what is there?
His passing today was utter shit. He is best to be used in a 433 (which I think that's what AVB originally planned, but for some reason things changed).

Dembele is the man for us. When he is absent, that's when you actually notice his influence. He offers so much more all roundness to this system than Paulo.

I wouldn't dig out the players to much unless they made loads of personal mistakes like Daws n Kaboul

there's something seriously wrong with our style of play and it's not simply 433/4231/442 formation related shite it's alot deeper than that

Walker gave up..for their 4th goal he tried to pull their player back by grabbing him, a definite yellow card, he was already on a yellow. Had they not scored he would have walked. Brainless to say the least.

Can you just have another mental breakdown and leave this place again like last year?

No one is happy about the result today but having to endure you makes it 1,000 times worse.

I think it hurts you more that I have a point.....hurts you so much that you still cant fault AVB if it means agreeing with me.

Sad twonk

Our players just look scared of attempting something daring.

Agree with @ SinghYid SinghYid that Soldado is out of place with us. We need someone like Ade who can keep/hold the ball and bring others in whilst being able to create chances himself. Last year we scored the most goals outside of the box in Europe and we went on to sell the guy who scored the majority of those and signed someone who only scores inside the box.

I wouldn't dig out the players to much unless they made loads of personal mistakes like Daws n Kaboul

there's something seriously wrong with our style of play and it's not simply 433/4231/442 formation related shite it's alot deeper than that
Paulo DID make loads of mistakes.
He was just simply put ... poor.

Been otherwise engaged this weekend so this is the first match I've missed this season. Looks like I didn't miss much. Will have to download the game and review, but I would be a lie if I said my worries were not starting to grow.. Understand AVB started Ade in a two striker formation but then resorted back to a loan striker situation again. That true?

Paulo DID make loads of mistakes.
He was just simply put ... poor.

the bloke is world class for Brazil and runs things in their midfield, he's obviously a very good player, Soldado too is proven quality our attacking play is just diabolical

the whole team was poor, we just got tonked 6 nil because the whole team under performed and our CBs were comically bad

something is wrong with the system that really good top quality footballers are being made to look shit

It was always gonna be suicidal going from a 4231 to a 442 against City.

I mean, I am not even gonna give any credit whatsoever to AVB ... that he tried to change something.
What ... did AVB think he was Harry, in that he was gonna die trying and be able to turn it around.

Just foolish of him and we paid the price. Eventually he saw it, and thus reverted back to a 4231.

I mean, with our 3 mfs vs their 2 ... we were beeing toyed around in City's first gear.
And then, being equal in number with mfs ... City just showed us, why it was a dumb move.

Dislike all you want....my stance was the same weeks ago. Not good enough.
Still isnt....you people saw something great and were blinded by the wins.

The fact is, we are playing the same way now.
Sammy you just take every opinion as either pro or anti AVB. Every comment you make is some sarcastic comment and followed by "but that can't be AVB's fault".

No, the bloke isn't perfect. Far from it in fact. But every team has their problems, and we are much better setup to deal with ours than most. Today was shit. Utter shit. Our team looked clueless. There's no denying that. But how about apportion some of the blame to the players? Lloris' clearances were reminiscent of an 8 year old. Dawson and Kaboul were dire. Holtby was non-existent. Even Sandro was sloppy and lacklustre. Yes, they're playing AVB's system, but this isn't FIFA, he's not controlling them all. He can only do so much. The players need to take a fucking look at themselves and take some responsibility. No matter who the manager was today, the players simply weren't good enough. Their heads dropped. We didn't look bothered. We were all over the place. We know AVB has the defensive tactics right, so the players got that wrong today. Our shape was terrible.

Do you honestly think a new manager will suddenly have us playing like Bayern Munich? It would be nice, but not going to happen.

I'm not in love with AVB by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think sacking him and hiring (who??) someone else will is going to reap the instant success you desire.

Been otherwise engaged this weekend so this is the first match I've missed this season. Looks like I didn't miss much. Will have to download the game and review, but I would be a lie if I said my worries were not starting to grow.. Understand AVB started Ade in a two striker formation but then resorted back to a loan striker situation again. That true?

Started with lone striker (Soldado) switched to two at half time then reverted to lone striker after the 5th goal.

#mixingitup

Maybe, if in the summer we acted like a BIG club for a change, persuaded Bale to honour his contract, ( a bit like Liverpool with Suarez like) and added just 2 or 3 quality players things might have been a little more positive right now.

Ade came on at half time and we changed to a 442 from an 4231, then he took soldado off and went back to an 4231

Our players just look scared of attempting something daring.

Agree with @ SinghYid SinghYid that Soldado is out of place with us. We need someone like Ade who can keep/hold the ball and bring others in whilst being able to create chances himself. Last year we scored the most goals outside of the box in Europe and we went on to sell the guy who scored the majority of those and signed someone who only scores inside the box.
As long as we make him sign a new contract agreeing that he will be "Good Adebayor" or he doesnt receive the 800k a month

Back
Top Bottom