Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Need this one going nice and early in order to prepare well

We also need to expose that 2-bob clwonshoe and re-establish our credentials against a team which would be fighting for 4th this season.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Chiriches, Verts, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Soldado"][/formation]

4:1

Friedel with all 6

COYS

stupid-tattoo.jpg

Peter-Crouch-gave-Tottenh-006.jpg

tumblr_mq04yxnT8a1qa8gt7o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Oh how I wish we'd won our last game and they'd not lost theirs...
'cos you just know that for THEM to lose 2 on the spin just ain't gonna happen... whereas we're perfectly capable of going on a self-inflicted feeling sorry-for ourselves losing streak!!!

Anyway, it's 10 days away... plenty of time to forget about last weekend!!

Onwards and upwards... I remember when we used to have a better record there than THEY did!!

Agree with defence. Even if Rose is fit, I'd leave Verts at LB. He loves getting forward but he is a better defender than Rose, something I suspect we'll be doing a lot of at the Etihad given their current form in front of goal (bar Sunderland).
Unfortunately, if fit, there's no way Daws isn't going to start, being captain n all. Also Vlad's face is hanging off and he might not be fit, particularly if he insists on playing for Romania and extending his time in the injury den (we seem to have a lot of players in that fucking den at the moment).

I'd get Sig off that list. He's not quick enough for opposition like this. We will need speed on the break. I'd like to see Lennon on the right and Lamela on the left. Fuck this inverted forwards shit, get to the byline and put some fucking balls in the box for Robbie.

On the note of Robbie, it would be interesting to put Ade up front. If he can't get fired up for this game, then he really has got issues. My only worry is that he would get too excited and we'd see a repeat of his behaviour at the Emirates.

If AVB won't give Lamela the start against the likes of Hull and Villa, then there's no way he's going to do it against City IMO. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see Lamela given a start, though.

Lloris

Walker - Chiriches - Verts - Rose

Sandro - Capoe

Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend

Soldado

Kompany is out (I hope)! Which means this game with that front four finally clicking and mixing it up will destroy Lescott. Sandro and Capoe can stop Toure and the supply to their front 3 and Capoe can actually counter him keeping busy deffending, whilst providing a brick wall infront of deffense allowing Walker and Rose to maraud forward for 90 mins pinning back Zabeleta & Co. and providing options to get behind Citeh.

Should be enough for a 0-1.

A very interesting encounter two very similar teams who both dominate possession. Their attack is better than ours, but our deffense is better than theirs. Which is why I want to have Capoe and Sandro both play to prevent the supply to their forwards.

Back
Top Bottom