Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen this on twitter:

"
BZ2NcKiIAAAYJ9h.jpg:large
"
Trying to say we were the better side when WE LOST SIX NIL.

Very telling statistics that highlight our real problems. Souness and Hoddle were spot on with their analysis too.

Times like this I do just wish Hoddle was in charge. He'd at least get us trying to play football the proper way. I don't know how much more I can take of this football. I genuinely can't remember the last time we scored a goal in the Premier League. How can a team have more possession and more touches in their area but lose 6-0?

if it's written somewhere in the sky that we have to lose a match ,i rather want to lose one game with 6-0,than to lose 6 matches with 1-0...i hope all the bad unlucky moments to disappear with this match from today

Everyone is going to get a hiding off City away this season........they are a very good side and on that big pitch Aguero and Negrado just bully teams, they are virtually unplayable as you need two centre backs quick and agile enough to pick up one and strong enough and to deal with the other

The players to combat them don't really exist imo

I bet you have a really limp, damp handshake, sitting up there on your fence looking lovingly down at AVB and his wonderful approach to our club.

#atleastitsnotharry

Someone on facebook reckoned we shouldn't have let Caulker and Dempsey (especially) go - that was the sole reason we weren't doing well.

I nearly pissed myself laughing
Someone was talking about all the great players that had gone, he said GB- alright fair enough, then he said robbie keane. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that bloke mid-thirties?

mugged off again, fucking hell

What's the 'sign' for "Lucky oil baron lottery winners who were in the 3rd tier of football just over a decade ago?"

Bit complicated to sign that I guess....

Did ANY of the players make their way over to the away end at the Final Whistle, and if so, what 'sign' did we give them??

Its not fickle, because I was unhappy with our game when we were winning.

Your positivity is just as tiring. We've been shit all season, and were shit when we beat Palace with a dodgy penalty, and we were shit when we beat Swansea, Hull and Cardiff.

Our luck has run out......our game is the same

Dislike all you want....my stance was the same weeks ago. Not good enough.
Still isnt....you people saw something great and were blinded by the wins.

The fact is, we are playing the same way now.

The worse thing about today. One of our best players this year had a huge role in putting the club in this position today

Two absolute howlers by lloris on simple clearance kicks lead to the first two goals. Any other day, lloris would have gotten away with those horrific kicks. But not vs a quality club like City in their building

Really put the club in terrible position today and really triggered the rest of the carnage.

A huge supporter of lloris but really a dreadful day for one of the best keeps in the Prem

I am dreading going to work tomorrow, the shit I am going to get off everyone after this result.

This is what's Fucking me off. We had it when spam done us. We had it when Newcastle done us and now we have to endure another week of having the piss ripped out of us..
You'd think they would want to do something about it, but they clearly don't give a flying fuck, that's why I think changes are needed, we need a manger who the players will play for.

I am not even sure we got some of the right players, tbh.

1. You just need to look at Soldado and Negredo.
AVB's system needed a strong, target-man, create-his-own-chances type player.

And tbf, that's what he went after for. After we missed our original targets, I have NO idea what in the world Avb or Baldini, or whoever it was ... to be thinking Soldado was the man for us.

Fuck me, are we are so deluded to think that Soldado is the right guy for us?
All his significant career he has been that poacher type player, and now at Soldado's age of 29 ... AVB is trying to use him differently?!!

Will he ever click how we want it to? ... As much of a good player he is and as much I would like him to ... I don't think so ... well, at least not in this current system.

2. Then, there's another one ... Paulo.
I dont get what you fellas see in him. Even before we bought him I never understood what we were getting.

Like I said, his movement is great, but other than that ... what is there?
His passing today was utter shit. He is best to be used in a 433 (which I think that's what AVB originally planned, but for some reason things changed).

Dembele is the man for us. When he is absent, that's when you actually notice his influence. He offers so much more all roundness to this system than Paulo.

Back
Top Bottom