Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In-form Everton?!

are-you-on-drugs-ecstacy.gif

Given Luton don’t press and won’t really get at us much with possession, I’d be more inclined to rest Bissouma with Hog than Sarr.
Might be a good time to give Son a 3 week recovery period and try and fix that niggle (incl intl break), but unless someone is carrying a strain, don’t rotate / rest

Given Luton don’t press and won’t really get at us much with possession, I’d be more inclined to rest Bissouma with Hog than Sarr.
OK, this is really nit picking.
I am not a tactical genius (quelle surprise) but Sarr has not been doing much eye catching stuff. Hog has literally helped us win.
Biss has been excellent but I was a bit surprised he lost a couple of physical battles in recent games.

I am not a tactical genius (quelle surprise) but Sarr has not been doing much eye catching stuff. Hog has literally helped us win.
Biss has been excellent but I was a bit surprised he lost a couple of physical battles in recent games.

Sarr dominated that game until they went down to 9.

Watch it back, look at the ground covered and tackles won. I saw 2-3 press recoveries in their half and we were wasteful with them, should have scored.

He was great with Biss vs their press with 11.

Really really impressive performance.

Hog came on vs a very tired 9 men and did some smart things because he’s a smart veteran player. He can’t do what Sarr did yesterday.

But you know what, I’m not a tactical genius either.

I guess we are both agreed Luton is a game where Hojberg might be ok.

But you know what, I’m not a tactical genius either.

I guess we are both agreed Luton is a game where Hojberg might be ok.
I think it's not a bad thing for players to think they are not automatic choices.
But obviously I can be nothing other than delighted with how our regular starters are doing.

I think it's not a bad thing for players to think they are not automatic choices.
But obviously I can be nothing other than delighted with how our regular starters are doing.

I think Ange plays options he thinks wins games before he manages personalities.

But in the process shows them that nobody is entitled to play 90m of every game

The encouraging thing is Spurs are gathering points without having yet gotten Postecoglou's attack fully developed. The possession part has come along nicely but the wings haven't yet started putting crosses into the box in quantity. It's going to take some more additions before we really see the system at its best.

Luton have a game tuesday night. They are not blessed with a strong squad so there really are no excuses.
We have to be ruthless and start on the front foot.

Against Burnley - so no resting anyone and a hard game, which they might win, and then be buoyed even more by the time they play us.

This game is going to tell us a lot.

It is arguably easier facing teams you are expected to struggle against, than it is facing teams who you are expected to breeze past.

Add the chance of going top and two weekend's of controversy and an unbeaten run, and it's easy to see how it can go wrong.

Really must be at our very best and yes, impose outselves quickly if possible.

Luton. As well as having the FOURTH BIGGEST AIRPORT in London, the town is also birth place of Monty Panesar, childhood home of Andrew Tate, home to the UK's largest one-day festival and of course, most famously known for being a total fucking shithole.

Nicknamed "The Hatters" due to Luton's hat making pedigree - back in the 1930s, as many as 70 million hats were churned out a year. Luton are making their first top flight appearance since 1992, the year Bill Clinton was voted President in the cesspit across the pond.

Luton have made a shaky start to the season, losing their first 4 games before turning things around a bit with a draw against Wolves and an away win against Everton. Due to the stadium issues at the start of the season, the game against Burnley got postponed, it's been rearranged for the 3rd, so they've got a game beforehand to contend with.

My predicted line-up - although it picks itself now.

Johnson - Son - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bissouma - Sarr
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
This is the last game before yet another dogshit International break nobody fucking cares about, let's go into it on high and retain the momentum from what's been a phenomenal start to the season under the breath of fresh air that is Big Ange.

COYS

Celtic Fc Sport GIF by Celtic Football Club

:ange-facepalm:
Admin Admin can you decree yes creates all the match day threads from now on? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom