Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luton. As well as having the FOURTH BIGGEST AIRPORT in London, the town is also birth place of Monty Panesar, childhood home of Andrew Tate, home to the UK's largest one-day festival and of course, most famously known for being a total fucking shithole.

Nicknamed "The Hatters" due to Luton's hat making pedigree - back in the 1930s, as many as 70 million hats were churned out a year. Luton are making their first top flight appearance since 1992, the year Bill Clinton was voted President in the cesspit across the pond.

Luton have made a shaky start to the season, losing their first 4 games before turning things around a bit with a draw against Wolves and an away win against Everton. Due to the stadium issues at the start of the season, the game against Burnley got postponed, it's been rearranged for the 3rd, so they've got a game beforehand to contend with.

My predicted line-up - although it picks itself now.

Johnson - Son - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bissouma - Sarr
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
This is the last game before yet another dogshit International break nobody fucking cares about, let's go into it on high and retain the momentum from what's been a phenomenal start to the season under the breath of fresh air that is Big Ange.

COYS

Celtic Fc Sport GIF by Celtic Football Club

:ange-facepalm:

Worth noting that they play in the week too. So less recovery time than us in what is already a pretty low quality team.

Lunch time kick off, win this and go top? We've seen how this pans out numerous times. But things just feel a little different this time round.

I've played a blinder here.

Got free return tickets to West Midland Safari Park and was all set to book it in for next Sat.

Then I remembered this game.

Managed to convince the better half that we should go Sunday because the weather looks better.

She agreed and has no idea how clever I've been.

Mtv Uk Genius GIF by The Charlotte Show

This is the type of game that scared the crap out of me for the last 2-3 seasons, for some messed up reason, it seemed to me that Spurs would manage to play down to these teams standards. This is a game (sorry Luton fans) that Spurs need to crush them, make it a rugby score, not a 1 or 2 nil win.

I don’t know Luton’s system. Will it be a packed box like today? If so, should obviously be a win but also much needed practice facing that type of defense.

Can't afford to under-estimate anyone. We all know that our beloved Tottenham are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone.

Luton have just got an impressive away win against an established Premier League team and they'll feel emboldened by that. It's up to us to build on our result today against Liverpool and not be complacent.

Luton. As well as having the FOURTH BIGGEST AIRPORT in London, the town is also birth place of Monty Panesar, childhood home of Andrew Tate, home to the UK's largest one-day festival and of course, most famously known for being a total fucking shithole.

Nicknamed "The Hatters" due to Luton's hat making pedigree - back in the 1930s, as many as 70 million hats were churned out a year. Luton are making their first top flight appearance since 1992, the year Bill Clinton was voted President in the cesspit across the pond.

Luton have made a shaky start to the season, losing their first 4 games before turning things around a bit with a draw against Wolves and an away win against Everton. Due to the stadium issues at the start of the season, the game against Burnley got postponed, it's been rearranged for the 3rd, so they've got a game beforehand to contend with.

Maddison
Bissouma - Sarr
Vicario
This is the last game before yet another dogshit International break nobody fucking cares about, let's go into it on high and retain the momentum from what's been a phenomenal start to the season under the breath of fresh air that is Big Ange.

COYS

Who the fuck is Monty Panesar??

We definitely need to get the win here as there are some other big games going on that will result in dropped point by teams around us:

Brighton v LiVARpool
Woolwich v City
Spam v Newcastle

Also, big mid-table clash of United v Brentford

Also also, big relegation battle of Burnley v Chavs.

Maddison
Bissouma - Sarr
Vicario

COYS

Is there seriously another international break after this? What the actual fuck? We’ve barely got back from the last one?

Too many for non games given most summers have long competitions, as almost nobody is knocked out in the international breaks during the season.

Breaks still to come this season :

Oct 9 - 15
Nov 13 - 21
Jan 12 - Feb 11 (Afcon)
March 18 - 26

I can’t believe there’s ANOTHER international break coming up :ange-bored2:

Haven‘t watched Luton at all so I don’t know their general approach. If they’re 10 men behind the ball, it’s probably going to be a close one. There‘s always a risk with set pieces so hope we don’t get complacent and let our guard down.

All that’s important is 3 points. No mistakes. No complacency. Be professional and get the job done.
On paper this should be an away win. Anything else is an upset.

So don’t care if it’s 1-0 or 10-0. After picking up a win they will have some belief.

3 POINTS MANTRA!!!!! COYS

Back
Top Bottom