Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm seeing a bird from Portsmouth. Went to Fratton Park Saturday. They played port Vale. Great atmosphere. Got hit in the head with a bottle of piss. Luckily most of it went over her

We now how a small squad of players who all seem to be "onside" with how to play as a team.
We also have a decent proportion of them that have a good first touch and can hold a ball under pressure. These were things that were driving me absolutely fucking bananas for years. We were so bad I genuinely feel we were not practicing that sort of thing in training.
We seem to want to win the ball back too, definitely something we haven't been doing.

I recall a game against Chelsea at home under Mourinho, possibly when Lampard was in charge of them. They passed and passed and passed and not one of our players tried to win the ball back. I lost my shit, stood up in block 530 and yelled "somebody fucking tackle them"
Nobody fucking tackled them
Think we lost 2-0 at home.
I genuinely can't see this happening again.
I remember that game think it was dec 2019?

Maybe harsh, but I was a little unimpressed with our lack of control of the ball second half.

I get that we went down to ten men, obviously, but they were absolutely dog shit. To be honest I expected us to just carry on playing our way and maybe just dominate a little bit less. In fact the game turned into a 50/50 game from an 81.5/18.5. That's a huge swing, and loss of control of the ball.

Great that we ground it out, but lets be honest, they missed a couple if sitters.

I was just hoping the system would prevail a little more. A CB would step up and we'd try to keep the numbers the same in midfield/forward areas.

Bissouma seems to be massive for us now. Without him, there was no one to really knit everything together.

Maybe harsh, but I was a little unimpressed with our lack of control of the ball second half.

I get that we went down to ten men, obviously, but they were absolutely dog shit. To be honest I expected us to just carry on playing our way and maybe just dominate a little bit less. In fact the game turned into a 50/50 game from an 81.5/18.5. That's a huge swing, and loss of control of the ball.

Great that we ground it out, but lets be honest, they missed a couple if sitters.

I was just hoping the system would prevail a little more. A CB would step up and we'd try to keep the numbers the same in midfield/forward areas.

Bissouma seems to be massive for us now. Without him, there was no one to really knit everything together.

I think it's more that (like we saw with Dembele) players like him buy everyone else time and space to play.

Clear foul again not given. That Lino is a wanker.

Oh no!

Well claimed Vic

Maybe bring on dragusain for the inevitable dyche balls lobbed into the box

Good subs

Madders gassed and Werner looks injured

Hojberg ffs

Lucky then

89b80a52-17b5-48ba-92ed-1b240612e5bb_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom