Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot of people's reactions are down to expectations. Woolwich away-defeat expected and so a draw was a very good result and happy. Liverpool at Home-narrow win expected but when they went down to 9 men, expected more. got narrow win but concern re could not break down packed defence.
Luton away-Expected comfortable win and for first 40 mins that looked on except again could not break down and score against packed defence. Down to 10 men and any result now ok and therefore narrow win good result.
Whilst we have held on to keep result when going down to 10 men, I cannot recall a match where we actually did better and won. When if ever did we win a match we were not winning when going down to 10 men?
Yeah I think losing a player before half time means you obviously need to change expectations. A win is all that matters in that situation. Only just watched the highlights & we should have been 3 up but then we’re fortunate they didn’t have the quality to take a few of their chances. We stayed strong & resolute.

Yeah I think losing a player before half time means you obviously need to change expectations. A win is all that matters in that situation. Only just watched the highlights & we should have been 3 up but then we’re fortunate they didn’t have the quality to take a few of their chances. We stayed strong & resolute.
They were fortunate that we weren’t 4-0 up. If we had scored in that first ten mins it would have been a battering. We never and Biss getting sent off changes everything in the way the game was going to go but we still found a way to win.
We are showing signs of what successful teams do and it’s such a great time to support Tottenham.

They were fortunate that we weren’t 4-0 up. If we had scored in that first ten mins it would have been a battering. We never and Biss getting sent off changes everything in the way the game was going to go but we still found a way to win.
We are showing signs of what successful teams do and it’s such a great time to support Tottenham.
Yeah I only saw the highlights & should have been at least 5 or 6 goals. Although I think that’s where we obviously miss kane. We miss a lot of chances & apart from son, not many clinical players.

romero is one player you dont mind taking time with the ball, he knows what hes doing with it. the winner against liverpool came from him waiting for a good option to materialise and that happened when porro got wide enough to drill a cross in. its when mugs like dier take time and just slow it down and you know full well zero quality is coming and it just lets a team reshape. teams are now worried about romero having time as they know he can produce.
Yeah agree just sometimes when we need to put the foot on the gas wish we just speed up the play.

you know its a football forum? its not slagging players off its sharing observations...thats the point of it for most people on here i would presume? not everyone is here to be a happy little gimp about spurs and go and talk wrestling and politics in other threads.

You’re a fucking waste of space fella. I don’t consider you to be a spurs supporter.

Wind your neck in.

I was amazed by our start! No mercy absolutely flew at them, could have had 2 on another day and made the game more comfortable. However the manor of victory was very good and is better for our players as they have faced more adversity and managed to deal with it. It didn't look like we had one player less most of the time and thats a great sign. There is something different about this team, seems to be a sense of professionalism here, a graft and unity that they are all on the same page trying their best.
Of course Bissouma was disappointing, he is a boss in there normally but very poor decisions there, really rash tackle I don't think was needed and no one wants to see diving. Still though we stepped up and made sure it didn't cost us. That's what a team does, no crying, get on with it.

I rate this as the most telling of all our results so far tbh.

Yeah I only saw the highlights & should have been at least 5 or 6 goals. Although I think that’s where we obviously miss kane. We miss a lot of chances & apart from son, not many clinical players.
Richie is getting chances, but if it carries on like this, we have to look elsewhere. I like Richie as a person and think he's a much better player than we've seen so far, but we can only wait so long.

Referee needs to be clear if the player is asking for a free kick. He didn't ask for a free kick and there was a minimal contact so hopefully red get rescinded
It's probably already been pointed out, be it wasn't a straight red and, as such, can't be rescinded. Usual referee bureaucracy where any semblance of sense is lost because "that's what the rules say"
Imagine if real life never changed rules that were unfit for the modern world.

That said, both his yellows were right and he only has himself to blame.

Several positives

the win obv

we also carved them apart and could have scored 4 by 10 mins, 6 by HT.

OK not great that we only got one, but it's way better than some of the 1-0's we've had over relegation candidates. I'm thinking games like Watford away, a 1-0 in the last minute. Awful game and even with Kane we had no where near the amount of good chances.

Very encouraging, most of the PL teams will be set up to defend against us

We now how a small squad of players who all seem to be "onside" with how to play as a team.
We also have a decent proportion of them that have a good first touch and can hold a ball under pressure. These were things that were driving me absolutely fucking bananas for years. We were so bad I genuinely feel we were not practicing that sort of thing in training.
We seem to want to win the ball back too, definitely something we haven't been doing.

I recall a game against Chelsea at home under Mourinho, possibly when Lampard was in charge of them. They passed and passed and passed and not one of our players tried to win the ball back. I lost my shit, stood up in block 530 and yelled "somebody fucking tackle them"
Nobody fucking tackled them
Think we lost 2-0 at home.
I genuinely can't see this happening again.

Richie is getting chances, but if it carries on like this, we have to look elsewhere. I like Richie as a person and think he's a much better player than we've seen so far, but we can only wait so long.
May as well give him a fair crack this season & then sell him if he hasn’t stepped up. To me he seems to suit being the main man at a mid table team.

I was a bit bemused in seeing TNT go frame by frame as to whether the ball was still rolling on the corner that we scored from. It was nonsense of course but ended in the presenter saying something like "we have got to check". Why? So what if it was? Would you be calling it unfair?

Back
Top Bottom