Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the only issue with Bergvall is going to be his playing experience - in 22/23 he didn't play that many full games (understandable as a 17 year old) , played mainly as sub or subbed on so played a little over 1,000 minutes (or 11 games)

This season in the 5 matches in the Swedish cup he's played about another 450 mins so far (5 matches) and I guess before he comes to us in July he might play another say 15 matches.

So his total professional playing time in club football might be about 30 matches when he arrives at Spurs.

So whilst I think he starts in Spurs squad he'll be eased in by Ange, and it might be the 2nd half of the season before we see him start many games - and even that depends upon how quickly he shows he can cope with the faster more physical PL.
This is why the hype around the kid is not helpful. He is going to arrive tagged as something super special without really having kicked a ball in top level football. Then if he doesn't dominate he will be written off. Do the kid a favour and dial it back.

This is why the hype around the kid is not helpful. He is going to arrive tagged as something super special without really having kicked a ball in top level football. Then if he doesn't dominate he will be written off. Do the kid a favour and dial it back.

Don’t be daft. Our fans aren’t fickle!

The fans would never write a player off far too early. It’s not in their nature.

:troll:

Quote about Lucas Bergvall in a Swedish football magazine after the Swedish Cup semi final.

"Instead, the younger, newer, freer players shone, and the best on the field was Lucas Bergvall who did as he wanted most of the time. There has long been a debate as to whether Bergvall is the real thing or not, there are some doubters out there, and I have long wondered what was going on.

Of course, there is slimmer and prestige in the picture, but oh my god, have you seen the guy practice or play? Have you seen his understanding of the game, orientation skills, balance, strength, speed, passing foot, dribbling,
melee game, finishing ability?

Hello? Lucas, who just turned 18, is top class in most things.

Not to mention his approach to training and development which it's fair to describe as manic.

As I stated a few weeks ago: the money that Tottenham is putting up for Bergvall is grotesque, but also reasonable. In the larger context, Spurs have probably made a cut by paying 130-200 million (SEK). It describes something about international football, and yesterday told most about the unique talent from Ängby."

Sorry about the Google translation.

Last edited:
he will be the next messi , he will score 60 goals and will have 50 assist in his first year with us, anything under that he will be a flop in my eyes
no hype just being realistic

Quote about Lucas Bergvall in a Swedish football magazine after the Swedish Cup semi final.

"Instead, the younger, newer, freer players shone, and the best on the field was Lucas Bergvall who did as he wanted most of the time. There has long been a debate as to whether Bergvall is the real thing or not, there are some doubters out there, and I have long wondered what was going on.

Of course, there is slimmer and prestige in the picture, but oh my god, have you seen the guy practice or play? Have you seen his understanding of the game, orientation skills, balance, strength, speed, passing foot, dribbling,

Hello? Lucas, who just turned 18, is top class in most things.

Not to mention his approach to training and development which it's fair to describe as manic.

As I stated a few weeks ago: the money that Tottenham is putting up for Bergvall is grotesque, but also reasonable. In the larger context, Spurs have probably made a cut by paying 130-200 million (SEK). It describes something about international football, and yesterday told most about the unique talent from Ängby."

Sorry about the Google translation.
He looked gassed in the 2nd half. I think a move to the Premier League is way too early. He needs to develope a lot physically. I think he will remain in Djurgården until next summer, or perhaps, get loaned out to a club in a somewhat stronger league than Allsvenskan such as the Eredivise.

He looked gassed in the 2nd half. I think a move to the Premier League is way too early. He needs to develope a lot physically. I think he will remain in Djurgården until next summer, or perhaps, get loaned out to a club in a somewhat stronger league than Allsvenskan such as the Eredivise.
No he won’t.

7WeVFB.gif

I do agree that hype is not helpful, I just don't think there is much hype about him coming yet (a few twitter bods but almost nothing from the biggest media publishers about the premier league) and Ange already showed with his press conference quotes that he has a defensive mindset to his approach about any hype.

Ange said that he's coming for pre-season and will be part of the first-team squad. No reason to believe that won't be the case.

As for being gassed, he will do pre-season with us and his adaptation to the fitness required should accelerate but if I was guessing the way Ange and the club are looking at it, the idea initially would be for any prem minutes to be off the bench.

There is no question that it's going to be a big jump for him but he's scored and/or assisted in every game of their cup run and from what we have seen the level is way to easy for him over there now. Seems pretty sensible that you give him a try and see if he's ready for the big jump but carefully and not as a starter with that pressure and expectation. Then the player and the coaches can look at it honestly from there.

The gut feeling I get is that he's going to make the jump and stay part of the first team squad. I could even see him starting in Cup games or European games depending on the team we are playing.

dont think we'll see much of him next season, i don't think he's going to see that much football but will be around the first team unlike what barca were offering

Really not sure about that. He's physically big enough for Prem football in spurts off the bench. I can see him being that rare young player that forces the issue.
yeah a few minutes off the bench here and there, thats what i mean. But i dont see him playing that much. the step up is beyond massive, it's another dimension. and the competition in front of him is huge unlike say Dele who didnt have much to contend with at the time which really helped him break in early

yeah a few minutes off the bench here and there, thats what i mean. But i dont see him playing that much. the step up is beyond massive, it's another dimension. and the competition in front of him is huge unlike say Dele who didnt have much to contend with at the time which really helped him break in early

Honestly mate, I have never seen 90mins so I have no idea but I don't always know how to measure the difference in level against a player's ability to adapt. Not deciding anything either way until I see him in a Spurs shirt but I will say this, by 18 you can already tell in young people which ones are different. Sure, some bloom later and you need to account for that in your pathway but this kid doesn't just look like a big kid bullying at a lower level.

Honestly mate, I have never seen 90mins so I have no idea but I don't always know how to measure the difference in level against a player's ability to adapt. Not deciding anything either way until I see him in a Spurs shirt but I will say this, by 18 you can already tell in young people which ones are different. Sure, some bloom later and you need to account for that in your pathway but this kid doesn't just look like a big kid bullying at a lower level.

yep the potential looks off the chart.

Back
Top Bottom