Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's what I thought... I know that's not his position at the moment but could he potentially be a 10 in future with seemingly crazy passing, vision and technique already?

Looks like a right footed right sided CM, likes attacking and linking up with RW and RB. Good at passing and dribbling. He's a little over 6 foot and decent build already - although still likely to add muscle at the age he is - so should be able to be combative too (necessary in PL).

His heat maps show he spends a reasonable amount of time on the left too.

At his age he's still developing and finding his best position (s) - which I suspect will mean we have a pretty versatile young midfield player with plenty of energy - probably able to play both sides of a CM3 and as a CAM in time (by which I mean next season or two).

Djurgarden win on pens to reach the final of the Swedish Cup on 9th May. They'll play Malmo who won the league last season and have won the Swedish cup the most times (15). Bergvall will now go away for u21 international duty before coming back for the first game of the Swedish top division on 1st April.

Last edited:

Looks like a right footed right sided CM, likes attacking and linking up with RW and RB. Good at passing and dribbling. He's a little over 6 foot and decent build already - although still likely to add muscle at the age he is - so should be able to be combative too (necessary in PL).

His heat maps show he spends a reasonable amount of time on the left too.

At his age he's still developing and finding his best position (s) - which I suspect will mean we have a pretty versatile young midfield player with plenty of energy - probably able to play both sides of a CM3 and as a CAM in time (by which I mean next season or two).
Nice one! Won't happen but I'd love to see a midfield of Sarr Bentancur and Bergvall all in form with Madders on the right, Son on the Left and a proper world class killer CF...

I think the only issue with Bergvall is going to be his playing experience - in 22/23 he didn't play that many full games (understandable as a 17 year old) , played mainly as sub or subbed on so played a little over 1,000 minutes (or 11 games)

This season in the 5 matches in the Swedish cup he's played about another 450 mins so far (5 matches) and I guess before he comes to us in July he might play another say 15 matches.

So his total professional playing time in club football might be about 30 matches when he arrives at Spurs.

So whilst I think he starts in Spurs squad he'll be eased in by Ange, and it might be the 2nd half of the season before we see him start many games - and even that depends upon how quickly he shows he can cope with the faster more physical PL.

Who does he remind you of?

Where do you see him in our team?
Not just a headband thing, but whenever I watch him, I get Guti vibes.

Bergvall is a wee bit taller, but he reminds me of Guti's ability to go from 6 to 8 to 10 to 9 with proper ease, like it's nothing. Both strong in duels, both great runners, both got silky feet, eye for a goal.

If he has just half the career with us the Spaniard had at Real, man...we'd already be pretty lucky.

Have a feeling he'll be an 8-10 hybrid for us, the equivalent to Madders but on the right.

It’s good that he’s already used to teammates wasting chances.

It’ll make his transition to Spurs that bit easier.
Red Bulls Hello GIF by Bundesliga

Back
Top Bottom