Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Park the bus and pray for counter attacks, fuck it i'll take a point happily but that wont happen
HOcLW.png

Last edited:
Ouuuuur support is FUCKING SHIT
Ouuur support is FUCKING SHIT
I'd agree with you, but then I'd get schmoodspur, the Lone Ranger of the board boring the tits off me about how he's got my number, and then get a load of amateur hour psychology on what my problems are.
Mind you, with the Tim Sherwood random team generator its always hard to know we're going to end up with, and then we need 45 minutes for them all to have a practice, then we have to hope we can paper over the cracks and make up any deficit in the second half.

Personally I think we are going to get a result and if we score at least one more than them, we're going to win it.

Desperate times require desperate actions. Defend deep and the long ball might be the solution as a one off. Anything to get this result. Who cares that it's ugly, we would all welcome the result no matter how ugly it looks.

I'd agree with you, but then I'd get schmoodspur, the Lone Ranger of the board boring the tits off me about how he's got my number, and then get a load of amateur hour psychology on what my problems are.
Mind you, with the Tim Sherwood random team generator its always hard to know we're going to end up with, and then we need 45 minutes for them all to have a practice, then we have to hope we can paper over the cracks and make up any deficit in the second half.

Personally I think we are going to get a result and if we score at least one more than them, we're going to win it.
scaled.php

One of the best goals I ever saw at Anfield.

The two teams we've had problems with at Anfield this season were Southampton and Villa.
Southampton used a pressing game to deny us any time on the ball and could easily have won by more, Villa just killed us on the counter attack which is your best chance I think, using fast wide men to exploit the gaps left by Flanagan and Johnson when they go continually forward.

One of the best goals I ever saw at Anfield.

The two teams we've had problems with at Anfield this season were Southampton and Villa.
Southampton used a pressing game to deny us any time on the ball and could easily have won by more, Villa just killed us on the counter attack which is your best chance I think, using fast wide men to exploit the gaps left by Flanagan and Johnson when they go continually forward.

What a hit :adesalute:

By the sounds of things we are looking at a defend deep and counter against Liverpool as the only way. I guess something Like the team below could do this, tell naughton and rose not to go forward, get Sandro and bentaleb closing down like madmen, stick Ade as the target man and use the pace of Townsend, Lennon and the creativity of eriksen to play on the counter, if only Lennon and Townsend were on form.

------------loris-----------
Naughton--Kaboul--verts--rose
-------Sandro----bentaleb--------
--Lennon--eriksen--Townsend--
--------------Ade--------------------

Is Ade fit by the way?

My mates a massive Liverpool fan. Ive been talking down sturridge all season I just dont rate him. Cue sturridge hattrick on sunday. But seriously I hope we win from a dodgy soldado pen late in the game

As seen tonight, Liverpool can be had. But we can't play against the opposition and ourselves as we've often found ourselves doing this season or we'll get dicked again.

We can get at them, no doubt. Trouble is keeping them out. Their front 3/4 could have a field day against us. Hopefully tonight has drained a bit of energy out of them and they make a slow start, no rotation and 3rd game in a week could make the difference. Either way, the team selection and mentality has to be bang on to give us any chance at all.

Still don't expect anything but a defeat though. :sherwoodwtf:

My mates a massive Liverpool fan. Ive been talking down sturridge all season I just dont rate him. Cue sturridge hattrick on sunday. But seriously I hope we win from a dodgy soldado pen late in the game
Wait how's it possible to not rate sturridge since his been in liverpool, compared to aguero, suarez and RVP I can understand, but he is the best of the rest, and he niether takes penalties or just scores tap ins, and they was that period where they didn't have Suarez and he still scored.

Back
Top Bottom