Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tough match. Yes they have lots of mouthy arrogant fans and Klopp can be a bit of a clown sometimes but they have some quality attacking players and the Kop will be loud.

I would take a draw for sure but what a statement it would be if we could get the win. I would make two changes, Rose and Aurier for Davies and Trippier. Rest of the team the same and Moura on the bench.

COYS
Minus that brief period after the goal, I thought our defense looked pretty solid. Why the changes?

I honestly think we'll lose but none of you want to hear that SO WE ARE GONNA WIN 5-0 KANE WITH HATTRICK AND 2 FOR KWP

Not sure how you can say we'll probably lose? Seems a bit defeatist to me. I deplore massive over confidence of the sort seen innthis thread but not keen on negativity either...
See no reason not to win this...history at anfield be damned tbh...different team, different game, different season so honestly who knows? We're more than capable of beating anyone.
:tobyarm:

Tough match. Yes they have lots of mouthy arrogant fans and Klopp can be a bit of a clown sometimes but they have some quality attacking players and the Kop will be loud.

I would take a draw for sure but what a statement it would be if we could get the win. I would make two changes, Rose and Aurier for Davies and Trippier. Rest of the team the same and Moura on the bench.

COYS

Changes? Why? Lots of people on here worried last night about manures fast paced front four and we contained them then nullified them. No changes Poch...keep momentum up and pace high...I say press and go for it...our defence is better than theirs by a country mile, midfield can destroy theirs and our attacking players are irresistible.
Should we be intimidated by the twin donkeys of milner and Henderson? Inconsistent can? Think they're also suffering from having to play without coutinho just as we did without Eriksen.
There for the taking

Edit: oh and fuck shitlade-chamberwank:dembelefingers:

Not sure how you can say we'll probably lose? Seems a bit defeatist to me. I deplore massive over confidence of the sort seen innthis thread but not keen on negativity either...
See no reason not to win this...history at anfield be damned tbh...different team, different game, different season so honestly who knows? We're more than capable of beating anyone.
:tobyarm:
Historically we are awful at anfield. Don't get me wrong I'll be ecstatic if we win but I don't wanna get my hopes up only for history to repeat itself

I’m not sure why everybody is so scared of their front 3. They played the same front three aginsy us at Wembley except had Coutinho instead of Mane (Countinho is way better than Mane) and they didn’t do shit. Fuck the stats about our record at Anfield. Liverpool are shit. Salah is an anti-Semite.

I'll just throw this here....

From RAWK

Liverpool v Spurs, Anfield - Sunday 4 Feb 2018. KO 16.30

Something sticks in my craw when I hear Tottenham described as a ‘big club’. They’re not a big club. They’re a very decent team at the moment and they can draw 50,000 to Wembley when they play the likes of Stoke and West Brom, but that doesn’t make them a big club. Big clubs win Titles and do so across several decades. They have a tradition of success. Everton are a Big Club it pains me to say. Tottenham aren’t. My mate Paul supports Spurs and right now he’s cockerel-a-hoop, so I have to keep reminding him that his club have never won the Title in my lifetime – and I’m extremely old.

I saw the fixture earlier in the season. The 4-1 thing at Wembley. We had over 70 per cent of the possession which, as PoP will tell you, means we couldn’t win the match. But to lose by that score? That was unusual. Admittedly Dejan Lovren had a pantomime match (“he’s behind you!”) and their goalie made our goalie look even more flaky than he actually is, but it was noticeable how Spurs struggled to string three consecutive passes together for most of the game. On the break they were different. Like us in fact. Son, in particular, looked as if he’d been coached up by Klopp himself. And of course Harry Kane just needs a sight of goal and the shot is despatched. Personally I couldn’t care less whether both Bello and Bradley both baldly lied, I’d like to see Harry Kane in gaol.

But, hey, this is Anfield and Tottenham don’t like Anfield. We’ve only lost once since that Wembley calamity too – and that was to the best team in Wales. So I’m expecting a 4-1 to us this time. Sure, Tottenham are on a roll themselves at the moment. They pissed all over Man United last night, although they struggled against a better organised Newport at the weekend. Paul tells me that it will be a comfortable victory for his team, but he’s said that on every single occasion that Spurs have visited Anfield since I’ve known him. And I’ve known him since 1984. They’re like that, Tottenham fans. Utterly deluded. It’s a great thing to be since you always come up smiling even when the rest of the world knows you’re bonkers.

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur - Anfield
Fuck me a Liverpool supporter that can string two words together - wonders will never cease !! He seems quite confident/arrogant so would be so good to stick it up em. COYS.

As others have stated, Anfield is a nightmare, year after year. A draw would be great. Can the players put on another big performance so soon after MU? Must not make the mistake Mourinho made in trying to fit all his attacking players into the team at the expense of a DM. Therefore Moura cannot start without dropping one of Son or Dele which would be madness. Dier or Wanyama must play with Dembele if Dembele is fit for another match so soon?
Sky will no doubt have the Liverpool loving ex players on the programme winding us all up.
Just hope we can avoid losing too much ground against our competitors.

As others have stated, Anfield is a nightmare, year after year. A draw would be great. Can the players put on another big performance so soon after MU? Must not make the mistake Mourinho made in trying to fit all his attacking players into the team at the expense of a DM. Therefore Moura cannot start without dropping one of Son or Dele which would be madness. Dier or Wanyama must play with Dembele if Dembele is fit for another match so soon?
Sky will no doubt have the Liverpool loving ex players on the programme winding us all up.
Just hope we can avoid losing too much ground against our competitors.

I don't see Moura starting until we get through this gauntlet of games, (maaaaaybe FA cup?) more then likely in a game changing sub role though.

Liverpool have the same problem as us:
We have to focus on stopping <insert any of the following: Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele>
We have to focus on stopping <insert any of the following: Coutinho, Salah, Mane>

The difference is that we've got Vertonghen, Sanchez and maybe even Toby to achieve that with. They've got £75M wasted on an average defender who hasn't settled in yet and the same guys who fucked it up last time. Oh, and we've got a competent goalkeeper too.

Still think it is a big ask though, our away form hasn't been great and having made them look amateur earlier in the season they will be well up for trying to get revenge and that always makes games like these very difficult to win.

I'll just throw this here....

From RAWK

Liverpool v Spurs, Anfield - Sunday 4 Feb 2018. KO 16.30

Something sticks in my craw when I hear Tottenham described as a ‘big club’. They’re not a big club. They’re a very decent team at the moment and they can draw 50,000 to Wembley when they play the likes of Stoke and West Brom, but that doesn’t make them a big club. Big clubs win Titles and do so across several decades. They have a tradition of success. Everton are a Big Club it pains me to say. Tottenham aren’t. My mate Paul supports Spurs and right now he’s cockerel-a-hoop, so I have to keep reminding him that his club have never won the Title in my lifetime – and I’m extremely old.

I saw the fixture earlier in the season. The 4-1 thing at Wembley. We had over 70 per cent of the possession which, as PoP will tell you, means we couldn’t win the match. But to lose by that score? That was unusual. Admittedly Dejan Lovren had a pantomime match (“he’s behind you!”) and their goalie made our goalie look even more flaky than he actually is, but it was noticeable how Spurs struggled to string three consecutive passes together for most of the game. On the break they were different. Like us in fact. Son, in particular, looked as if he’d been coached up by Klopp himself. And of course Harry Kane just needs a sight of goal and the shot is despatched. Personally I couldn’t care less whether both Bello and Bradley both baldly lied, I’d like to see Harry Kane in gaol.

But, hey, this is Anfield and Tottenham don’t like Anfield. We’ve only lost once since that Wembley calamity too – and that was to the best team in Wales. So I’m expecting a 4-1 to us this time. Sure, Tottenham are on a roll themselves at the moment. They pissed all over Man United last night, although they struggled against a better organised Newport at the weekend. Paul tells me that it will be a comfortable victory for his team, but he’s said that on every single occasion that Spurs have visited Anfield since I’ve known him. And I’ve known him since 1984. They’re like that, Tottenham fans. Utterly deluded. It’s a great thing to be since you always come up smiling even when the rest of the world knows you’re bonkers.

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur - Anfield
Okay, but his mom is fat.

[QUOTE="Sup[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm with Jan Fan on this one, there's absolutely no reason why 'the' Spurs that dominated, really dominated, Manure a couple of days ago can't beat Lolerpoo with ease. Poch has just gotta make sure they turn up tomorrow like they did yesterday.
A win at Anfield would certainly be a big result for us and damaging to them.

I really don't know with this one, I know we were superb on Wednesday and really 2-0 was kind on United, it did give me one concern, we were creating chances but we were not ruthless enough, both Kane and Son had decent chances and one of them should have scored, if we are to play a counter attacking game we need to be clinical when the chances present themselves, but this is something we are capable of.

We seem to have a history of playing badly at Anfield and we really need to break that habit. A draw is a decent result for me, that said a win would also be tolerable!

I have no idea what the best team for this is, or the formation. I like a 4-3-3 which can become the usual 4-2-3-1 tbh.

Maybe
Lloris
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Eriksen Dier Dembele
Dele Kane Son

Bench
Vorm, Trippier, Sanchez, Lucas, Lamela, Wanyama, Llorente.

Leaves out Davies, Winks, Foyth, KWP and Sissoko. The depth is there when everyone is fit.

Back
Top Bottom