Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have a really good feeling about this one, Liverpool is tough but also very inconsistent and is depending on their attack for the biggest part. We have the best defense off the league in my opinion and to see Kane, Son and Eriksen against their defense is just rude I imagine. Ofcourse they have a good team but I would really say we are a lot better at the moment.

One of the best thing's about yesterday's game was how disciplined Tripps and Davies were. They were good on the ball and got involved in the attacks up to a certain point but they were very rarely caught out of position and their reading of danger was superb.

They will need to play exactly this way again if we want to win at Anfield.

I'm feeling a lot more confident after last night but I would probably take a draw as I expect to beat Woolwich and our run-in is favorable.

Have a really good feeling about this one, Liverpool is tough but also very inconsistent and is depending on their attack for the biggest part. We have the best defense off the league in my opinion and to see Kane, Son and Eriksen against their defense is just rude I imagine. Ofcourse they have a good team but I would really say we are a lot better at the moment.

As long as the team that shows up yesterday turns up Sunday, I think were golden

Liverpool's record against the other top 5 teams is very good if not the best.

Will be a very hard ask to replicate the performance of last night and no two games are ever the same.

Liverpool's record against the other top 5 teams is very good if not the best.
This season: Liverpool 4 - 0 Woolwich, demolished at City (5 - 0), Liverpool 0 - 0 Man. Utd, demolished at Wembley (4 - 1), Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea, Woolwich 3 - 3 Liverpool, Liverpool 4 - 3 Man. City.

9 points from a possible 21 (2W 3D 2L)

Last edited:
This season: Liverpool 4 - 0 Woolwich, demolished at City (5-0), Liverpool 0 - 0 Man. Utd, demolished at Wembley (4-1), Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea, Woolwich 3 - 3 Liverpool, Liverpool 4 - 3 Man. City.

9 points from a possible 21.

How's their home form against the rest of the top 6 over the last few years?

This season: Liverpool 4 - 0 Woolwich, demolished at City (5-0), Liverpool 0 - 0 Man. Utd, demolished at Wembley (4-1), Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea, Woolwich 3 - 3 Liverpool, Liverpool 4 - 3 Man. City.

9 points from a possible 21.
So iets make it 9 from 24. Point taken and still better than ours.......for now.

Recent games have all been about the first 20-30 mins. They'll come out full throttle, we just need to keep our heads and show enough threat on the break. If it's level at half time, we'll draw or sneak a win!

So iets make it 9 from 24. Point taken and still better than ours.......for now.
Im sure it was better than Swansea and West Brom as well....and worse than Man City. Who the fuck cares.

I get so sick of everything being quantified, isn't the element of the unknown the whole reason we watch in the first place?

I just hope we turn up and play with the passion I witnessed last night, to many times we have gone to places like Anfield and it all falls apart! We have the better team, I just hope we click on the day and Poch sets us up to frustrate and counter!

I want nothing less than to repeat our last performance against them. They were so mouthy going into our last match, then we smashed them so bad that the Spurs thread at RAWK was locked for two weeks.

Have a really good feeling about this one,.
I'm feeling a lot more confident after last night but I would probably take a draw as I expect to beat Woolwich and our run-in is favorable.
:pochfacepalm:
...are some of you are new to this...?

We don't DO pre-match confidence...
ESPECIALLY in THESE types of games!

I KNOW that should change... but it's in the blood, see?
I still can't bring myself to expect ANYTHING... even AFTER last night...
No, scrub that... ESPECIALLY after last night!

Tough match. Yes they have lots of mouthy arrogant fans and Klopp can be a bit of a clown sometimes but they have some quality attacking players and the Kop will be loud.

I would take a draw for sure but what a statement it would be if we could get the win. I would make two changes, Rose and Aurier for Davies and Trippier. Rest of the team the same and Moura on the bench.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom