Liverpool At Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Gallas was awful, I think his time is up. Dawson's defending was agricultural but it was necessary given the pressure we were under. Row Z took a pounding.

I liked Joe Allen, he dictated a lot of their play. Surprisingly, AVB didn't put a man on him as that's where a lot of their attacks started. Wished we attacked their left side more, Downing was there for the taking.

Walker appears to be getting some of his old form back, thought he had an easy game against West Ham but weathered the storm last night.

Aaron Lennon, na na, na na na, Aaron Lennon, na, na na na!

Dembele is getting back to full fitness, looked knackered but did ok. Some of his passing was off but that's understandable.

Vertonghen was getting doubled up on, not sure if that was because Bale was indisciplined? In light of that, I think Verts did ok.

Overall, a win is a win, Spurs have never been a team to keep the intensity up for 90 minutes. Liverpool will be even more dangerous when they add some cutting edge to their play. Spurs are still missing Parker, Kaboul, Adebayor and BAE. The signs look pretty bright in what is a season of rebuilding for us.

someone interviewed me about the game with a big fuck off camera pre-game in front of Bill Nic Way near the B+H, any idea where I should be looking for this online at all?

I made a funny about Suarez being a racist and people booing AVB being retard and I wanna see it
:klinsmann:

311290_700b_v1.jpg

I thought this game provided an immediate example of Caulker's value. Throughout the game, but especially in the second half, Gallas and Dawson's inability to hold on to or pass the ball calmly hurt us.

In one sequence the two CB's had the ball halfway inside our half, spaced about 10 yards apart: Dawson passed to Gallas, who passed to Dawson, who passed back to Gallas, who passed back to Dawson [Gallas points and waves], then Dawson passed it to nowhere and Sterling picked it up and ran at us. It was embarrassing.

Two things that were screaming at me last night watching the game.

What a difference Vertonghen would make as a CB, and what a difference a composed midfielder like Moutinho would make.

Those two components would bring together all the good things this team hints at IMHO.

The whole set up is about being brave enough, and composed enough, to ask teams to come at you - and then exploit them when they do.

We have to have a CB able to take the ball and build attacks. Be that through drawing a player into closing him down and then passing round him, or by carrying the ball into the midfield and forcing teams to react - then releasing the ball. Vertonghen is class in both respects. Dawson and Gallas are woeful.

When we were fighting the rear guard action last night, what difference would that composure in defence made? Cant be over stated IMHO. When we were on top? Same again.

Moutinho (or alike). KEEPING THE BALL. Moving it around. Making teams chase it. Offering incision without running. These are things we just couldnt do last night, we were sloppy and got increasingly desperate. What difference would a player able to offer us ball retention, to make Liverpool chase, to release Bale/Lennon/Defoe more often, or link with defence and get us a foothold in the game.

Im not complaining, genuinely last night the biggest thing that struck me was just how close we are to having a top top triffic team

Suarez is on fire this season and I think he would twist Dawson up good and proper.

Having said that Thelonious Thelonious spoke about Dawson playing well against him before, he has, I think it was at the end of the 2011 season when Modric scored a pen.
I knew I wasn't going mad!

It was Ledley King that had him in his pocket that day: http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/221185/teams

For the second time in this thread - DAWSON MARKED ANDY CARROLL!!

Back
Top Bottom