Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose and Conte demanded players £60m+ and above.

Ange won't.

Levy will find it easier to back him.
Just because a player is valued at £60m+ doesn’t mean he’s worth it, I could be wrong here but up until he rocked up at us Ange‘s biggest transfer would/could be Maddison?

A statement which didn't imply anything of the sort you think he meant, you are hilarious, have a day off for once.
What does the statement imply then?
Nope I won't have a day off, I don't want you to be lonely in here,

What does the statement imply then?
Nope I won't have a day off, I don't want you to be lonely in here,

It doesn't need to imply anything, he's not fucking Conte or Jose, he doesn't need to make subtle comments at the board in public to get his message across to them. Take the full quote in the context it's meant to be taken in, he's talking about the size of the squad and recoginses the fact that we still need more transfer windows to improve the team, that's it - All you've done is taken one line and spun it into your own narrative, pathetic.

The fact that he's been fully on board with recruitment and has said many times that he is just as responsible for transfers as anyone else should tell you they're on the same page.

You are like my ex, looking for things that aren't there ffs.

It doesn't need to imply anything, he's not fucking Conte or Jose, he doesn't need to make subtle comments at the board in public to get his message across to them. Take the full quote in the context it's meant to be taken in, he's talking about the size of the squad and recoginses the fact that we still need more transfer windows to improve the team, that's it - All you've done is taken one line and spun it into your own narrative, pathetic.

The fact that he's been fully on board with recruitment and has said many times that he is just as responsible for transfers as anyone else should tell you they're on the same page.

You are like my ex, looking for things that aren't there ffs.
Conte and Jose weren't the only managers that made subtle comments, Poch was famous for it and did it very well. Ange is also a diplomatic and very intelligent. It is surprising he would say IF our ambitions lay in playing in Europe. We know he wanted another CB but didn't get one, again he was diplomatic and didn't kick up a fuss but there is no question he wanted that CB.

Conte and Jose weren't the only managers that made subtle comments, Poch was famous for it and did it very well. Ange is also a diplomatic and very intelligent. It is surprising he would say IF our ambitions lay in playing in Europe. We know he wanted another CB but didn't get one, again he was diplomatic and didn't kick up a fuss but there is no question he wanted that CB.

ok

Tottenham chief resigns over "lack of moral clarity" on Israel-Hamas conflict​

Jonathan Adelman, the chair of Tottenham's Tribute Trust, has tendered his resignation in an open letter criticising the club's statement in the wake of the Hamas attack in Israel

The chair of Tottenham's Tribute Trust has resigned following the club's response to the Hamas attacks in Israel (
Image: Universal Images Group)

By
Dan MarshSenior Sports Reporter
  • 19:30, 13 Oct 2023

The chairman of Tottenham's Tribute Trust has resigned in the wake of the club's disappointing response to the recent Hamas attacks in Israel.
More than 1,300 people were killed following the terrorist group's attack last Saturday. Israel have since responded with air strikes, killing more than 1,400 people in Gaza.

The FA had been criticised for staying silent on the attacks earlier in the week and has since been slammed after it was confirmed that they would not be lighting up the Wembley arch in the blue and white of Israel before England's match against Australia on Friday night.

Tottenham joined the FA in issuing a statement in response to the attacks on Thursday. It read: “The Club and our footballing family is shocked and saddened by the escalating crisis in Israel and Gaza, and strongly condemns the horrific and brutal acts of violence against innocent civilians. Our heartfelt sympathies are with the victims, their families and the communities impacted.”

But the statement has been heavily criticised by Jonathan Adelman, the chair of the charity, which was set up to look after former players for over a decade. And he confirmed via an open letter addressed to Tottenham director Donna Cullen but also sent to chairman Daniel Levy that he would be tendering his resignation due to the "lack of moral clarity" shown by a club with a deep connection to the Jewish community.

His letter said: “I simply don’t understand what if any moral compass those who drafted and signed off the club’s statement have given the savage butchery of Jews by Hamas, a proscribed terrorist organisation.

“I expected nothing better from the FA, but I did from our club, not just because we have an Israeli player, not just because of the club’s deep connection with the Jewish community, but also given the commendable stance the club took on taking the knee, standing with Ukraine and so on.”

Adelman went on to address his own role, adding: “It has been an absolute privilege to support our past players in their time of need, first as a founding trustee and then as chair of the Tottenham Tribute Trust.

Tottenham chief resigns over "lack of moral clarity" on Israel-Hamas conflict​

Jonathan Adelman, the chair of Tottenham's Tribute Trust, has tendered his resignation in an open letter criticising the club's statement in the wake of the Hamas attack in Israel

The chair of Tottenham's Tribute Trust has resigned following the club's response to the Hamas attacks in Israel (
Image: Universal Images Group)

By
Dan MarshSenior Sports Reporter
  • 19:30, 13 Oct 2023

The chairman of Tottenham's Tribute Trust has resigned in the wake of the club's disappointing response to the recent Hamas attacks in Israel.
More than 1,300 people were killed following the terrorist group's attack last Saturday. Israel have since responded with air strikes, killing more than 1,400 people in Gaza.

The FA had been criticised for staying silent on the attacks earlier in the week and has since been slammed after it was confirmed that they would not be lighting up the Wembley arch in the blue and white of Israel before England's match against Australia on Friday night.

Tottenham joined the FA in issuing a statement in response to the attacks on Thursday. It read: “The Club and our footballing family is shocked and saddened by the escalating crisis in Israel and Gaza, and strongly condemns the horrific and brutal acts of violence against innocent civilians. Our heartfelt sympathies are with the victims, their families and the communities impacted.”

But the statement has been heavily criticised by Jonathan Adelman, the chair of the charity, which was set up to look after former players for over a decade. And he confirmed via an open letter addressed to Tottenham director Donna Cullen but also sent to chairman Daniel Levy that he would be tendering his resignation due to the "lack of moral clarity" shown by a club with a deep connection to the Jewish community.

His letter said: “I simply don’t understand what if any moral compass those who drafted and signed off the club’s statement have given the savage butchery of Jews by Hamas, a proscribed terrorist organisation.

“I expected nothing better from the FA, but I did from our club, not just because we have an Israeli player, not just because of the club’s deep connection with the Jewish community, but also given the commendable stance the club took on taking the knee, standing with Ukraine and so on.”

Adelman went on to address his own role, adding: “It has been an absolute privilege to support our past players in their time of need, first as a founding trustee and then as chair of the Tottenham Tribute Trust.
Disappointing from the club to release such a soft stance .

Crystal Palace and Chelsea boards the only ones who seem to put moral first instead of money in there’s statement

Ange talking again about how will need a couple of transfer windows to get the squad where it needs to be.

"If our ambitions lay in playing European football." 14:48

Very interesting wording I thought, he doesn't seem to know where our ambition lays and perhaps points to him and Levy not being on the same page regarding transfers. I've already stated my concerns about Levy not backing Ange.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7DAcj3ksk

Oh for fuck sake.

You really are looking for any excuse to have a go.

Disappointing from the club to release such a soft stance .

Crystal Palace and Chelsea boards the only ones who seem to put moral first instead of money in there’s statement

They're copping equally as much flak from their fans, namely Muslim ones.

I'm fine with the club taking a neutral stance, there's victims and casualties on both sides that are caught up in this.

There's no good or bad guys in war, would rather our club keep well away from and politics and siding with any political allegencies personally.

They're copping equally as much flak from their fans, namely Muslim ones.

I'm fine with the club taking a neutral stance, there's victims and casualties on both sides that are caught up in this.

There's no good or bad guys in war, would rather our club keep well away from and politics and siding with any political allegencies personally.
Terror attack are not politics

Terror attack are not politics

'Terror attacks' are only a part of what's going on, this war like every war is political and is much much more nuanced and deeper than the latest attacks you're seeing on TV. We can argue the toss about who started it and who the aggressors are etc...but there are innocent parties caught up on both sides, not just one, remember that.

Last edited:
I was wondering if this would impact us. Weren’t there tumours bout them going for us if United fell through?
No-one knows whether that’s their plan let’s be honest so the rumours are BS but it could trigger a pivot to us I guess. Perhaps even a partial / minority investment or something? Would love us to throw down 300M on three or four players on 1st Jan

Israel is the territories.For the Palestinians It’s a deeply rooted struggle for self-determination and justice. Palestinians are the indigenous inhabitants of historical Palestine, it’s around dispossession, displacement.
The establishment of the State of Israel in 1948 resulted in the forced expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians from their homes, leading to the creation of a vast refugee population and the loss of their homeland.

The Israeli occupation of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the blockade on the Gaza Strip are seen as oppressive measures that restrict their freedom and hinder their economic and social development. Palestinians contend that the construction of Israeli settlements on Palestinian land violates international law and impedes the prospects for a viable Palestinian state.

Back
Top Bottom