Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly not being a prick here, but I’ve got questions…..

Why aren’t you buying stuff in the stadium?
What are you trying to achieve and do you think your actions will make this happen?
If everyone was of a similar mind to you and this led to us having less money to spend on the team, would that be ok with you?

That’s fair enough. I just made the decision in the summer that I wouldn’t spend any more on food and drink. I spend a couple of grand on season tickets and I feel that’s enough of a contribution from me. We aren’t being run competently enough for me to give them any more of my money. Just because Levy has finally lucked out on a decent manager isn’t quite enough to make me forget the past. I’m open to donations though, I’ll happily drink a beer if it’s bought for me, I just won’t be buying one myself. My round will be outside the stadium.

Angelos has (almost) literallly been the saving angel (angelos) of L & L 😇
Personally, I don't mind (so far).
And no matter how much some of you hate Levy he still deserves credit for appointing Angelos (even though he wasn't Levy's 1st choice).

Last edited:
Are you trying to argue that this is a good thing?
Notice you didn't answer my question, I will however, answer yours. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The ticket rises are not a good thing, I was at the one and only protest the trust did which was at the Man Utd game. They didn't bother doing one for the Sheff Utd game.

My point is that the #LevyOut / #StopExploitingLoyalty #StopTicketPriceRises crowd are a fickle bunch.

Now, let me ask my question again... will you be protesting opposite the club shop this afternoon?

Last edited:
Notice you didn't answer my question, I will however, answer yours. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The ticket rises are not a good thing, I was at the one and only protest the trust did which was at the Man Utd game. They didn't bother doing one for the Sheff Utd game.

My point is that the #LevyOut / #StopExploitingLoyalty #StopTicketPriceRises crowd are a fickle bunch.

Now, let me ask my question again... will you be protesting opposite the club shop this afternoon?
THST did put a statement on their website as to why the demonstration didn’t go ahead at the Sheff Utd game. I have no idea if the excuse is genuine or if they are simply trying to cover their backsides. I don’t know. But here is their statement anyway:

‘As many supporters will be aware, we had planned to stage our second ticket pricing demonstration on Saturday.

Our first demonstration before last month’s match against Manchester United was a huge success and it was our intention to repeat and build on that before our game against Sheffield United last weekend.

Sadly, due to the unavailability of a number of board members due to illness we were unable to stage the demonstration in the way we had planned.

Even 30 minutes before the planned 2pm start we had board members in the area with the plan to proceed.

When it became apparent the demonstration could not be executed to the standards we had hoped, one board member stayed in the area and spoke to a number of supporters to explain the issues encountered.

We would like to thank those who were there for attending and those who exchanged their details on Saturday for future case studies highlighting how they are being priced out of the game.

We will detail our next steps shortly and apologise to those supporters who came to join us on Saturday.
Currently we have two meetings arranged with the Club so we can discuss the finer points of our ticketing campaign and will update members as and when those meetings go ahead.

Our Fan Advisory Board members have also raised our concerns directly with Club Chairman Daniel Levy.

If you would like to volunteer to help at any future demonstrations, please email: [email protected]

THST Board
18 September, 2023

THST did put a statement on their website as to why the demonstration didn’t go ahead at the Sheff Utd game. I have no idea if the excuse is genuine or if they are simply trying to cover their backsides. I don’t know. But here is their statement anyway:

‘As many supporters will be aware, we had planned to stage our second ticket pricing demonstration on Saturday.

Our first demonstration before last month’s match against Manchester United was a huge success and it was our intention to repeat and build on that before our game against Sheffield United last weekend.

Sadly, due to the unavailability of a number of board members due to illness we were unable to stage the demonstration in the way we had planned.

Even 30 minutes before the planned 2pm start we had board members in the area with the plan to proceed.

When it became apparent the demonstration could not be executed to the standards we had hoped, one board member stayed in the area and spoke to a number of supporters to explain the issues encountered.

We would like to thank those who were there for attending and those who exchanged their details on Saturday for future case studies highlighting how they are being priced out of the game.

We will detail our next steps shortly and apologise to those supporters who came to join us on Saturday.
Currently we have two meetings arranged with the Club so we can discuss the finer points of our ticketing campaign and will update members as and when those meetings go ahead.

Our Fan Advisory Board members have also raised our concerns directly with Club Chairman Daniel Levy.

If you would like to volunteer to help at any future demonstrations, please email: [email protected]

THST Board
18 September, 2023
Yeah, I read that statement at the time and posted on here.

Load of shite.

That’s fair enough. I just made the decision in the summer that I wouldn’t spend any more on food and drink. I spend a couple of grand on season tickets and I feel that’s enough of a contribution from me. We aren’t being run competently enough for me to give them any more of my money. Just because Levy has finally lucked out on a decent manager isn’t quite enough to make me forget the past. I’m open to donations though, I’ll happily drink a beer if it’s bought for me, I just won’t be buying one myself. My round will be outside the stadium.
When I went to the Lane, I didn't buy any food or drink inside the stadium. I got something to eat before the game (usually a breakfast in one of the cafes or a tuna baguette from the local supermarket or, if I was feeling particularly extravagant, a burger from one of the food stalls outside the ground on the walk back to the train station after the match).

It wasn't a political protest. I was just more concerned with getting to my seat and focusing on the match than queuing up for overpriced refreshments.

6 games gone but it's clear that Levy has struck the jackpot with Ange. It would be criminal if he wasn't fully backed in the transfer window.

6 games gone but it's clear that Levy has struck the jackpot with Ange. It would be criminal if he wasn't fully backed in the transfer window.
Does feel a generational opportunity - he’s failed to spot and act when he should have done with Redknapp (Modric/Bale) all those years ago when we really could have kicked on at Xmas, instead we cheaped out on Saha and Nelsen

The self inflicted transfer embargo under Poch was another

If ever there was a time to get Lewis to bring in funding, or via some other means it’s now

Ah what a peaceful thread, another week we can rest

Relax Self Care GIF by Razer
Thread busy enough for you now?

How reassuring, our owner has been charged with financial shenanigans, ( insider trading ) , he was allegedly involved in betting against the pound creating a UK financial crisis along with a few other billionaires .

Call me old fashioned but I think I will avoid this like the plague

I am doing my utmost to ignore the fact the very mention of the names Levy or ENIC give me massive heartburn . Mainly because of their dismal failure and in my opinion disingenuous behaviour over 23 years , i might regret this next paragraph but here it goes.

I think that the atmosphere had become mega toxic after the 3 killjoy managers and an ownership unable and unwilling to either understand or properly engage with its fanbase . Now in my opinion the atmosphere has surpassed peak Poch and peak Redknapp . It really should not have after only 7 games but it has . This is an over reaction to how downbeat things had become over the last few years, I am fine with that , I am loving things and celebrating as much as the next guy/gal. Now this is the bit history tells me I will live to regret and my fellow Levy outers , ( which I still am ) will remind me of . Surely even Levy can see the turnaround is more than just results , more than just playing style it’s an almost unbridled sense of joy and connection with the club . So if and it is a reasonably big if we are in a CL place, or whisper it title race come Jan what will he do ? . History tells us he will piss over the pot and fuck Ange over , but I am going to allow myself to believe that he knows Ange is a financial positive to the club . A positive in terms of league position, crowd attendance, crowd enthusiasm staying behind and spending money . Also Ange is totally by accident raising the club profile not just in OZ , but on social media , ( The Fonz and Robbie Williams etc). So I am hoping there will not be a not signing anyone , or a Saha and Nelsen freebie type January window.

As I said history tells me Levy will shaft him , but I am thinking , maybe just maybe he won’t be a prize bellend this time. If he does it might be his biggest penny wise pound foolish decision yet

Birthday in November, got an email from Spurs offering premium packages.

Yeah, I'll sack off my ST seat and instead pay £299 (per person) to watch Fulham.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom