Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Angelos has (almost) literallly been the saving angel (angelos) of L & L 😇
Personally, I don't mind (so far).
And no matter how much some of you hate Levy he still deserves credit for appointing Angelos (even though he wasn't Levy's 1st choice).
He gets minimal credit right now from me , but he does get a little bit. However if he wants real credit he will give him the backing he both needs and deserves over the next several windows . I am hoping that is the case but that remains to be seen . Any fans who think that if he stays true to form and fucks it up they can drive him out are living in Dreamland . ENIC will sell when they want and not before ,
Levy does not have to be a genius to realise he has stumbled on a gem , the turnaround in 7 games is probably two years ahead of schedule. Can it be maintained, who knows , but if things goes pear shaped through a lack of support I will have no sympathy when the fans turn on him yet again. If we are in a good position come Xmas the signings need to be very early Jan, no fucking about on 31st Jan , no 36 year old journeyman CB or broken CF . The squad is clearly wafer thin for quality , no depth , that is on Levy. We have players missing for the African Cup , over to Baldy now

God help us

He gets minimal credit right now from me , but he does get a little bit. However if he wants real credit he will give him the backing he both needs and deserves over the next several windows . I am hoping that is the case but that remains to be seen . Any fans who think that if he stays true to form and fucks it up they can drive him out are living in Dreamland . ENIC will sell when they want and not before ,
Levy does not have to be a genius to realise he has stumbled on a gem , the turnaround in 7 games is probably two years ahead of schedule. Can it be maintained, who knows , but if things goes pear shaped through a lack of support I will have no sympathy when the fans turn on him yet again. If we are in a good position come Xmas the signings need to be very early Jan, no fucking about on 31st Jan , no 36 year old journeyman CB or broken CF . The squad is clearly wafer thin for quality , no depth , that is on Levy. We have players missing for the African Cup , over to Baldy now

God help us

Levy, Ange and the recruitment team are a team, why do you think that it's all on Levy when Ange has said multiple times that he was the one driving the transfer window, he was fully expecting Kane to leave and on board of the idea replacing him with Johnson, Ange is very much heading up our transfer business with the ins and out so if we are short and have a thin squad it's been agreed across the board and Ange is happy to have a squad that size.

Honestly you guys need to start looking past this whole Levy vs the manager and club signing vs manager pick when it comes to transfers, we've moved on from that, you just have to accept that when it comes to recruitment we are being ran properly now, I know it's hard to let go of the previous few years but if you take a minute to see what's going on you will see manager very much on the same page as chairman now.

Levy, Ange and the recruitment team are a team, why do you think that it's all on Levy when Ange has said multiple times that he was the one driving the transfer window, he was fully expecting Kane to leave and on board of the idea replacing him with Johnson, Ange is very much heading up our transfer business with the ins and out so if we are short and have a thin squad it's been agreed across the board and Ange is happy to have a squad that size.

Honestly you guys need to start looking past this whole Levy vs the manager and club signing vs manager pick when it comes to transfers, we've moved on from that, you just have to accept that when it comes to recruitment we are being ran properly now, I know it's hard to let go of the previous few years but if you take a minute to see what's going on you will see manager very much on the same page as chairman now.
Gee i don’t know , maybe it is because I would not trust Levy as far as I could throw him . I am supposed to assume that he has a new manager who he did not screw in the first 6 weeks means he will not do it in the future , do me a favour .
If you are going to accept what managers say, as in Ange , we need to accept what other managers have said , we can’t cherry pick . Well quite a few don’t look at Levy quite the same way as the very new in the job Ange does .

So I will tend to believe the comments of managers with more than 8 games experience with Danny boy . Not criticising Ange , I will be delighted if in 3 windows time he talks as positively about Levy

Gee i don’t know , maybe it is because I would not trust Levy as far as I could throw him . I am supposed to assume that he has a new manager who he did not screw in the first 6 weeks means he will not do it in the future , do me a favour .
If you are going to accept what managers say, as in Ange , we need to accept what other managers have said , we can’t cherry pick . Well quite a few don’t look at Levy quite the same way as the very new in the job Ange does .

So I will tend to believe the comments of managers with more than 8 games experience with Danny boy . Not criticising Ange , I will be delighted if in 3 windows time he talks as positively about Levy

It's funny you compare other managers to Ange but fail to realise that we didn't have the kind of scouting/recruitment/money we have now. We also didn't have managers who aren't as flexible as Ange and don't have the nous in the transfer market that he does.

You're a PTSD merchant, clearly those scars have taken time to heal though, you do you. 😉

God help us

Can you accept that his form over the last couple of Jan windows has been to bring in quality additions?

It's funny you compare other managers to Ange but fail to realise that we didn't have the kind of scouting/recruitment/money we have now. We also didn't have managers who aren't as flexible as Ange and don't have the nous in the transfer market that he does.

You're a PTSD merchant, clearly those scars have taken time to heal though, you do you. 😉
Lol

Keep making excuses . If I have PTSD, you are a besotted lovestruck puppy . Now have a quick treat before Danny puts your lead on and takes you for walkies

Lol

Keep making excuses . If I have PTSD, you are a besotted lovestruck puppy . Now have a quick treat before Danny puts your lead on and takes you for walkies

Well that was all rather unnecessary wasn't it old chap

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Let’s see I criticise Levy not you. I think the most personal thing I said is “ we can’t cherry pick” in my post

No you evil man you hurt my feelings

Anyway I know you're struggling to see us doing well with Danny boy at the helm knowing the fact that he's got everything right this time around, you'll catch up one day 💪

No you evil man you hurt my feelings

Anyway I know you're struggling to see us doing well with Danny boy at the helm knowing the fact that he's got everything right this time around, you'll catch up one day 💪
I did say I gave him a l bit of credit for Ange , but not much as yet

Bookmark the below in case I forget

If Ange is still waxing lyrical at the end of the Jan window I will ratchet up the credit. If at the end of the summer window he is still happy I will happily say job well done Danny Boy. The humble pie won’t even be unpleasant, if that happens I will scoff it down

Jose and Conte demanded players £60m+ and above.

Ange won't.

Levy will find it easier to back him.

There's also not much ange can complain about with regards to the quality of our signings the last few years.

We certainly need to provide gime with more depth but it seems like the profile of players being identified and bought but the club suits what he needs exceptionally well

Ange talking again about how will need a couple of transfer windows to get the squad where it needs to be.

"If our ambitions lay in playing European football." 14:48

Very interesting wording I thought, he doesn't seem to know where our ambition lays and perhaps points to him and Levy not being on the same page regarding transfers. I've already stated my concerns about Levy not backing Ange.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7DAcj3ksk

Ange talking again about how will need a couple of transfer windows to get the squad where it needs to be.

"If our ambitions lay in playing European football." 14:48

Very interesting wording I thought, he doesn't seem to know where our ambition lays and perhaps points to him and Levy not being on the same page regarding transfers. I've already stated my concerns about Levy not backing Ange.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7DAcj3ksk

Any shred of evidence to confirm your bias eh

Back
Top Bottom