Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy wanted to sack him because it wasn’t working. He didn’t want to wait until after the cup final in case he had to sack a manager who’d won us a cup, or hang on to one that wasn’t working out (cup win regardless). Don’t think it’s that tough to work out.

Not factual obviously, as I’ve no idea of the inner workings, but it’s the explanation that makes sense.

If a manager that wins a cup is considered to be 'not working out' then lord help us

Levy wanted to sack him because it wasn’t working. He didn’t want to wait until after the cup final in case he had to sack a manager who’d won us a cup, or hang on to one that wasn’t working out (cup win regardless). Don’t think it’s that tough to work out.

Not factual obviously, as I’ve no idea of the inner workings, but it’s the explanation that makes sense.
It makes sense so long as you don't think about it at all.

It has all been a clusterfuck since the wrecking ball swung on WHL.

But we have a little beachhead of things going right here, now we have to build upon it. All the same stuff needed now that has been needed the whole time.

But we soon support Poyet when he played for us...

Hoodle was a player/manager for Chelsea. Are you going to hate him too?

It's pointless hating on Poch, it's not like he turned us down in public and called us scum... He was probably waiting for us to call him, but Levy and Cullens had other idea's... Stellini then Mason.

I just feel your wasting that energy on the wrong thing.
Love Hoddle. Fuck Poch.

He’s a man I’ve never met that I hate because of a ball kicked around by 11 men I’ve also never met….

And you want me to be rational about why I hate him?

Fuck that. Fuck Chelsea, shittest organisation in sport. And Fuck Poch

So you say it is all about the money and Levy communicates this to the Managers. That winning a trophy is not one of his goals. He needs to come out and say that and await the criticism he will get. Levygets a lot of his criticism because of our trophy drought both in the media and from fans and the only way to stop it is to win one. It will be a massive missed opportunity in a season that we are not in Europe to actually target winning a trophy. I am not one of the Levy haters but will criticise him when I believe he is wrong. He does not pick the teams but it cannot be a coincidence that successive Managers do not take the cups seriously.
I want a CEO that wants to win trophies. So Levy out.

View: https://twitter.com/pokeefe1/status/1700628254405562853?s=20

how do we get the point across that ENIC are not the club. There was a Tottenham Hotspur before them and will be after them.

They have overseen the club's longest barren spell without a trophy. They are not Spurs.

Kane can take a shot at the culture they built and it isn't a shot at the fans or even the club, it's a shot at ENIC's culture.

To be fair it’s Twitter. That White Hart Prince Maddison Account looks like the dumbest Spurs fan in history and that takes something to get too.

The type of guy who names himself after a new player then when Maddison leaves for City will be calling him the new Sol Campbell.

You can call Kane a lot of things but a snake is nonsense, he never left for Woolwich on a free. It’s a comment with all the intelligence of a rotten lemon.

To be fair it’s Twitter. That White Hart Prince Maddison Account looks like the dumbest Spurs fan in history and that takes something to get too.

The type of guy who names himself after a new player then when Maddison leaves for City will be calling him the new Sol Campbell.

You can call Kane a lot of things but a snake is nonsense, he never left for Woolwich on a free. It’s a comment with all the intelligence of a rotten lemon.

Sadly it's not an uncommon sentiment amongst Spurs fans that would rather defend ENIC's honour than see the situation rationally.

The only way to build a winning culture at the club is for the fans to pressure the owners into building one because they have been here for decades and never cared to build one.

Sadly it's not an uncommon sentiment amongst Spurs fans that would rather defend ENIC's honour than see the situation rationally.

The only way to build a winning culture at the club is for the fans to pressure the owners into building one because they have been here for decades and never cared to build one.

The only way I see it is for the new CFO and when we get him DoF to be in place enough to keep Levy/Cullen away from the football. We need a modern proffesional operation like Brighton. ENIC aren’t going anywhere, best we can do is move people who don’t understand football (the actual game) away from the football part of the club have have a heavy professional set up that puts layers between the manager/players and the board.

The only way I see it is for the new CFO and when we get him DoF to be in place enough to keep Levy/Cullen away from the football. We need a modern proffesional operation like Brighton. ENIC aren’t going anywhere, best we can do is move people who don’t understand football (the actual game) away from the football part of the club have have a heavy professional set up that puts layers between the manager/players and the board.

Agree.

Remains to be seen if Brighton's model or culture is really built on winning though.

That's the next stage for them.

View: https://twitter.com/pokeefe1/status/1700628254405562853?s=20

how do we get the point across that ENIC are not the club. There was a Tottenham Hotspur before them and will be after them.

They have overseen the club's longest barren spell without a trophy. They are not Spurs.

Kane can take a shot at the culture they built and it isn't a shot at the fans or even the club, it's a shot at ENIC's culture.

Cause ENIC aren't in the dressing room, they are pretty much the last people involved in deciding how the players take losses. Calling it a criticism of ENIC is clutching at straws.
Harry is just doing the standard "bigging up your new club at the expense of your previous club" that many other players have done in the past.

Agree with most of that apart from Kane

Even fit he struggled against VDV but in the state he was in it was like playing with ten men and Moura should have started as he was instrumental in getting us there

Ref was still a cunt though!
Shared before, based on Pleat’s inside knowledge. Poch had Kane mark VDV. Not the other way around. That is what was behind the poor showing from Kane, the tactical decision from the bench.

Still never seen the penalty back. Never seen any of that game except when in Madrid on that day

Shared before, based on Pleat’s inside knowledge. Poch had Kane mark VDV. Not the other way around. That is what was behind the poor showing from Kane, the tactical decision from the bench.

Still never seen the penalty back. Never seen any of that game except when in Madrid on that day
Yes it should have been one of the greatest days in our history like in Amsterdam but ended up being an excruciating watch!

Back
Top Bottom