Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The CL final debacle was mostly on a Poch imv

Threatening to resign and playing a clearly unfit Kane
He was the manager so yeah but there is no way for Levy to escape any blame at all, unless he is isn't in some way responsible for what goes on, on the pitch. In which case then he can't credit for top four finishes or the 2008 league cup either.

The CL final debacle was mostly on a Poch imv

Threatening to resign and playing a clearly unfit Kane
I’d say the vast majority of the blame lies with the players. A team good enough to get there, but didn’t turn up when it really mattered, after doing so in the previous rounds.

Poch does deserve a kicking for his behaviour prior to the final (although I place no blame for playing Kane).

And Levy for not providing the players to drag us over the line.

In the same way, each are to be praised for getting us there in the first place.

I’d say the vast majority of the blame lies with the players. A team good enough to get there, but didn’t turn up when it really mattered, after doing so in the previous rounds.

Poch does deserve a kicking for his behaviour prior to the final (although I place no blame for playing Kane).

In the same way, each are to be praised for getting us there in the first place.

Agree with most of that apart from Kane

Even fit he struggled against VDV but in the state he was in it was like playing with ten men and Moura should have started as he was instrumental in getting us there

Ref was still a cunt though!

Team got there by miracle.

A fucking Lucas Moura Hattrick in the SF when we were down 2-0.

We hate Poch but that squad at the time was miraculous.

That miracle gave Levy an unbelievable opportunity to take the next step. He didn’t.

Probably because the financial benefits between being nearly there and actually winning are so small.

Top 4 and the prem winners is what? 10m more?
Would’ve cost him 50-80m more to get a next level player to push us over the edge and even then that’s not guaranteed.

Levy has always been about incentives and winning has never and will never be a big enough incentive for him.

He was the manager so yeah but there is no way for Levy to escape any blame at all, unless he is isn't in some way responsible for what goes on, on the pitch. In which case then he can't credit for top four finishes or the 2008 league cup either.

No I’m not absolving Levy mate

Some wonderful years under Prime Poch but fuck all to show for it other than statistically we were by far the best PL over two seasons
No trophy for that though

They probably bribed the ref in the CL final just to make 100% sure

Someone did

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

If I was told there was evidence that Lewis had been betting against Spurs with dodgy bookies and offering inside tips to his mates, I wouldn’t be shocked.

Sure, very little would suprise me in terms of what billionaires do. Any of them.

What would surprise me is if the owners of a multi billion pound business had designed a business model that relied on things mostly beyond their control. It just doesn't make sense.

Fans of sport aren't more or less addicted to said sport based on winning things.

Don't the teams that win things get more supporters than the ones that don't?

Sure, very little would suprise me in terms of what billionaires do. Any of them.

What would surprise me is if the owners of a multi billion pound business had designed a business model that relied on things mostly beyond their control. It just doesn't make sense.

Fans of sport aren't more or less addicted to said sport based on winning things.

Maybe you could explain this to Levy/ENIC

Maybe you could explain this to Levy/ENIC

I'm explaining it to you as the person who floated the theory, and rather than answer me directly you have deflected from my initial point twice.

Does it actually make sense that they would have a business model to not win to keep fans addicted?

Actually think it through.

I'm explaining it to you as the person who floated the theory, and rather than answer me directly you have deflected from my initial point twice.

Does it actually make sense that they would have a business model to not win to keep fans addicted?

Actually think it through.
probably not.

Especially if it cost them money to bribe referees to achieve it.

If the referees were there to be bribed for the CL final do i think their business model is built around winning and they would make sure they outbid Liverpool for the officials?
No I don’t think they would do that either.

So, no I don’t think they go out of their way to build a nearly there model to keep fans hooked but I do think they have realised they don’t need to win to keep fans hooked and they clearly don’t see the cost/expense value of winning to get more fans.

probably not.

Especially if it cost them money to bribe referees to achieve it.

If the referees were there to be bribed for the CL final do i think their business model is built around winning and they would make sure they outbid Liverpool for the officials?
No I don’t think they would do that either.

So, no I don’t think they go out of their way to build a nearly there model to keep fans hooked but I do think they have realised they don’t need to win to keep fans hooked and they clearly don’t see the cost/expense value of winning to get more fans.

Well, they don't need to look at Spurs to get that knowledge.

Competitive sport has been around a lot longer than ENIC.

I was pissed out of my head by kick off, but the only two players who turned up that night was rose and winks.
Kane should never have started, the one that really annoyed me was Eriksen, just jogging about and not looking to try and influence the game. Was glad when he left.

Kanes comments in the media about losing at spurs are correct, us fans are the only ones that genuinely get aggrieved with it, a lot of our players have it on easy street at spurs, hence why Dier and Lloris are happy to hang about, get paid and never play, if that is their true mentality then it's no wonder we never won anything recently

I love all the statistical bullshit being bounced around to defend Levy. It means nothing...

Statistics don't show excellence like having to give a player away to another team, because the bald headed wank gibbon doesn't know how many players we loaned out.

Or like selling Berbatov and Keane and replacing them with Bent and the sack of shit that we got from Manu, so crap that I can't even be bothered to remember his name. Screwing over Ramos after he won a cup the previous year.

Or Santini walking out the club, as he called out levy on his lying bullshit.

In the year Poch to got the CL final, Levy spent nothing, zero, the square root of fuck all supporting the manager that year.

People need to remember that statistics are only half the story.

Then the arguments come out but he is a shrewd businessman, really?

How many millions have been wasted on dead wood in wages, because he wanted the extra couple of million for a player we no longer needed?

How many millions, because of his ego, have we lost as players have walked away on a free or the fraction of the cost.

how many players did we fail to sign that would have massively improved the squad, over a million or two? resulting in millions lost by not being in Europe or the CL.

It was never about not putting the money in, it's always been the millions he spunked up the walls on bargains that no one ever wanted, resulting blowing hundreds of millions on dead wood.

Is it bad to get players on the cheap? Of course not, as long as they have been targeted as a potential asset to the squad like Solomon. But the vast majority of the time, it's just because they are cheap and that's the guiding reason for Levy. Resulting in horrendous numbers of dead wood over the years.

And we have all seen, the results of his little ego trip for the last 4 years. He always wanted Mourinho, a manager known for playing a negative style, not bringing youngsters through or developing players, then not backing him...

And when it all goes wrong, they become Levy's scape goat.

IMHO, Levy can f*ck off.
Dont forget the millions levy's wasted paying off manager's after he sacked them.

And more money, but they're only interested in profi..........oh wait.

Dont forget the millions levy's wasted paying off manager's after he sacked them.
Absolutely.
Sacks Jose on £15 million per year.
Has to keep paying him £15 million a year and employ Conte on £x million per year.

All that to save a £200k bonus for winning a cup

Tight cunt !!!!

Absolutely.
Sacks Jose on £15 million per year.
Has to keep paying him £15 million a year and employ Conte on £x million per year.

All that to save a £200k bonus for winning a cup

Tight cunt !!!!
To be fair Levy backed himself into a corner.

He didn't want to do a proper rebuild so he hired big name managers as a big name manager's contract still costs less than a rebuild.

Conte then went nuts (either he was promised more funds or he changed his mind about the "project") so he had to go.

Jose was not too different, by the time the final came around and all of the events had unfolded Levy didn't want him to have the power and leverage of a trophy.

In the end Levy won, he completely SKIPPED an entire rebuild cycle by severely underinvesting for years whilst charging sky high ticket prices etc. We've only started replacing the prime Poch players lately.

To be fair Levy backed himself into a corner.

He didn't want to do a proper rebuild so he hired big name managers as a big name manager's contract still costs less than a rebuild.

Conte then went nuts (either he was promised more funds or he changed his mind about the "project") so he had to go.

Jose was not too different, by the time the final came around and all of the events had unfolded Levy didn't want him to have the power and leverage of a trophy.

In the end Levy won, he completely SKIPPED an entire rebuild cycle by severely underinvesting for years whilst charging sky high ticket prices etc. We've only started replacing the prime Poch players lately.
Possibly, but I was only pointing out that the "Levy was sacked to save money on winning a cup bonus" argument is complete bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom