Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibly, but I was only pointing out that the "Levy was sacked to save money on winning a cup bonus" argument is complete bollocks.
Well if Jose won it would look even worse when we inevitably refused to give the OG chequebook manager a chequebook so the argument is valid in a broader sense to be fair.

Well if Jose won it would look even worse when we inevitably refused to give the OG chequebook manager a chequebook so the argument is valid in a broader sense to be fair.
Nah, he'd lost the squad and was hanging the players out to dry.
He had to go.

Either way, the point is that he wasn't sacked to save money.

Nah, he'd lost the squad and was hanging the players out to dry.
He had to go.

Either way, the point is that he wasn't sacked to save money.
I actually agree and wanted him gone way before. I found it farcical and ridiculous that we persisted for so long. It was negligence from Levy. It made it all the more ridiculous to randomly sack him then. It was months and months of shite with ample opportunities to sack him and be more than justified.

The eventual timing of it makes it look like it was done for other reasons. We didn't have no amazing replacement lined up, the dressing room wasn't more lost the week before final than they were prior etc.

Levy wanted to sack him because it wasn’t working. He didn’t want to wait until after the cup final in case he had to sack a manager who’d won us a cup, or hang on to one that wasn’t working out (cup win regardless). Don’t think it’s that tough to work out.

Not factual obviously, as I’ve no idea of the inner workings, but it’s the explanation that makes sense.

Levy wanted to sack him because it wasn’t working. He didn’t want to wait until after the cup final in case he had to sack a manager who’d won us a cup, or hang on to one that wasn’t working out (cup win regardless). Don’t think it’s that tough to work out.

Not factual obviously, as I’ve no idea of the inner workings, but it’s the explanation that makes sense.
Do you mean maybe not have to pay a trophy bonus as well?

Do you mean maybe not have to pay a trophy bonus as well?
LOL.

"Even for making it all the way to the final of the Carabao Cup, a team is only guaranteed £50,000. If you can manage to win the competition that total is doubled to £100,000.

To put it into context, winning the Carabao Cup wouldn't even cover Kevin De Bruyne's weekly wage."...

His mistake was not sacking him after Zagreb, ditherer. We were awful under that twat and would have lost 5-0 to City if he was still in charge

I hate Levy but don’t think he was worried about having to hang on to him or the final affecting anything long term. He knew it was fractured and he knew he was too late to bin him

LOL.

"Even for making it all the way to the final of the Carabao Cup, a team is only guaranteed £50,000. If you can manage to win the competition that total is doubled to £100,000.

To put it into context, winning the Carabao Cup wouldn't even cover Kevin De Bruyne's weekly wage."...

You're so utterly idiotic about football, that you don't even understand.

LOL.

But the players and supporters are so happy when t.hey win. Football should be about glory not money. Who cares about the money? Oh yes Levy.

Team got there by miracle.

A fucking Lucas Moura Hattrick in the SF when we were down 2-0.

We hate Poch but that squad at the time was miraculous.

That miracle gave Levy an unbelievable opportunity to take the next step. He didn’t.

Probably because the financial benefits between being nearly there and actually winning are so small.

Top 4 and the prem winners is what? 10m more?
Would’ve cost him 50-80m more to get a next level player to push us over the edge and even then that’s not guaranteed.

Levy has always been about incentives and winning has never and will never be a big enough incentive for him.
Really?

I don't and I see no reason why to hate him?

He gave us the best years we have had in recent memory. Is it because he went to Chelsea? Why, he wasn't employed by us and he could go on waiting years for the Spurs Job.

So I really don't understand it all.

it just all seems sad and petty to me.

I don't get why people are aguing over Mourinho the way you are.

The point is, Mourinho is negative defensive style, who doesn't bring players through and develop the youth.

Spurs had an out and out attacking minded squad. It was never going to work as Levy would never had spent the money require to build the squad Mourinho would have needed to succeed.

Mourinho, Nuno and Cunti, should all have never been managers of Tottenham, their philosophies clashed with everything that Spurs stood for.

After Poch, Levy should have got a manager of a similar playing style that kept with the traditions and philopshoy of the club and the fans would have backed that.

Instead, we got four years of Toxic football, of course there are some game good games in there, but overall watching spurs the majority of the time was like pouring bleach in your eyes.

Resulting in Spurs fans turning on each other, the players... Or people like me who just gave up an saw what a toxic cancerous club we had become.

Ange, has erased all that, it's why I started watching us again.

The game against Fulham, yeah disappointing, but compaired to the last 4 seasons, like fuck am I going to maon about it, I just take it as a learning lesson for Ange.

No point arguing about Mourinho now, he's been and gone and anyone with half an ounce of footballing knowldge knew that it was never going to work for us and that is all on Levy.

Just look to the future and give Ange and the players our backing this year, even Richy as the is no point finding scape goats when everyone is getting a fresh start and that's the players, fans, manager and anyone else realated to the club.

The atmoshere around the club has changed, people are positive and happy, lets not make it toxic shit show for no reason.

I don't get why people are aguing over Mourinho the way you are.

The point is, Mourinho is negative defensive style, who doesn't bring players through and develop the youth.

Spurs had an out and out attacking minded squad. It was never going to work as Levy would never had spent the money require to build the squad Mourinho would have needed to succeed.

Mourinho, Nuno and Cunti, should all have never been managers of Tottenham, their philosophies clashed with everything that Spurs stood for.

After Poch, Levy should have got a manager of a similar playing style that kept with the traditions and philopshoy of the club and the fans would have backed that.

Instead, we got four years of Toxic football, of course there are some game good games in there, but overall watching spurs the majority of the time was like pouring bleach in your eyes.

Resulting in Spurs fans turning on each other, the players... Or people like me who just gave up an saw what a toxic cancerous club we had become.

Ange, has erased all that, it's why I started watching us again.

The game against Fulham, yeah disappointing, but compaired to the last 4 seasons, like fuck am I going to maon about it, I just take it as a learning lesson for Ange.

No point arguing about Mourinho now, he's been and gone and anyone with half an ounce of footballing knowldge knew that it was never going to work for us and that is all on Levy.

Just look to the future and give Ange and the players our backing this year, even Richy as the is no point finding scape goats when everyone is getting a fresh start and that's the players, fans, manager and anyone else realated to the club.

The atmoshere around the club has changed, people are positive and happy, lets not make it toxic shit show for no reason.
Not sure anyone is arguing, just discussing. I’ve not called anyone a cunt. Yet. All very civil, against the usual International Break history on here.

And to be fair, you’ve asked why people are arguing about Mourinho, before launching into a thesis about it, so…..

Yes because of Chelscum
But we soon support Poyet when he played for us...

Hoodle was a player/manager for Chelsea. Are you going to hate him too?

It's pointless hating on Poch, it's not like he turned us down in public and called us scum... He was probably waiting for us to call him, but Levy and Cullens had other idea's... Stellini then Mason.

I just feel your wasting that energy on the wrong thing.

But we soon support Poyet when he played for us...

Hoodle was a player/manager for Chelsea. Are you going to hate him too?
The football world was very different then.
It's pointless hating on Poch, it's not like he turned us down in public and called us scum... He was probably waiting for us to call him, but Levy and Cullens had other idea's... Stellini then Mason.
After saying he could never go to Chavs, he does just that, Fuck him.
I just feel your wasting that energy on the wrong thing.
I don't think he is.

Back
Top Bottom