Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying that the Trust should ask.

I'm saying that the Trust should outline their own expectations. Make clear what is expected of the fans of the club. Not ask what the club has in mind.

Not just regarding financials, but regarding everything. Read the open letter from the united trust that I linked. I wish that there was something like that from the spurs trust.

There needs to be some core values and points that the trust and supporters can galvanize around instead of just populistic slogans and buzzwords.
unlike Chelsea, this isn't a government monitored sale, so as long as new owners pass the Premiership suitability test then ENIC will sell to the highest bidder.

As others have said, they aren't answerable to anyone and they will continue to operate how they like, until the point that their investment starts to devalue, or sponsors start to get itchy feet.

There's very little we can do, apart from stop going and spending money on them. The proposed delayed start seems a good idea. Watch the first 10mins on a televised game on the concourse with your mates, then take your seat. For those who have paid, they don't lose out and feel they are making a difference. For the club and Levy it's pretty embarrassing, and may trigger something. It will likley have to be repeated at every televised home game though to get the coverage it needs

Pathetic by the club, even if they have now allowed it back in.

Said it before and repeated it last night, the club has become soulless. The owners are happy for "pay on the day" Son fanboyz to take the old school football fans seat. Most of them will fuck off when Son leaves and then we'll soon start seeing a 3/4 full stadium.

I don't know how Levy has the gall to turn up at the Euro Super League meetings, i'd be embarrassed if i were him. It's a bit like the owner of Travel Lodge turning up to the yearly Boutique hotel of the year events.

There used to be a football club over there indeed.....

Friendly reminder: Jan 20th, no transfers and more diversions
iu
iu
iu

ENIC out protest tomorrow outside the training ground. If your local and free come down to show your displeasure with the direction of the club. We will be there from 10.

Oh man i miss those days. Football as fun, Bale and Lennon bombing down the wings, Modric, VDV. That is or should be Tottenham not this abomination of the last 4 years
Parker was class, also loved Corluka - superb footballer albeit slower than me. Had some good footballers throughout as opposed to faux shitcunts like PEH, Doherty, Sess etc that are terrified of the ball

It's never gonna change.
If ENIC don't sell now they're never selling. The club won't be worth more in 1,5, 20 years. May as well sell up and cash in ENIC.

Unless there's some other reason you're still here, leeching

Long read but it's a good one.

It's really long when it's been posted 17 times

ENIC out protest tomorrow outside the training ground. If your local and free come down to show your displeasure with the direction of the club. We will be there from 10.
Mate l admire your dedication and support your action.
Wouldn't it better to protests on match days , walk outs with the publicity of the media ,
Many mild Enic out would follow suit if organised properly .
Good luck

Breaking this article everyone links to down a bit.

It should come as no surprise that no club in the history of English football has raked in as much profit as Tottenham have under ENIC. Even less so that no chairman has amassed a personal fortune like Daniel Levy has. They have milked the club dry over the past 22 years, using Tottenham as collateral for external real estate projects, using operating losses to carry over into their various other investment ventures, while diligently insisting that the club are too poor for actual footballing investment in the first team.

There's one way Enic and Levy get rich off Spurs.
Borrowing for non football purchases and using the value of the club as collateral. Not taking any money out of the club, but using it as back up if the other deals don't pan out.
Be interesting to know how much has been made in this way. Money that'll have absolutely nothing to do with THFC.

Few players exemplify the ENIC con than Eric Dier. The Englishman was signed in 2014 as a backup RB. He failed there, but was tried by Pochettino as a defensive midfielder. He failed there, as well, and was used only sparingly as a 4th choice CB. Pochettino never fully trusted him, and with good reason. Yet somehow, both Mourinho and Conte have been forced to start him as their lynchpin center back.

And Ben Davies. And many more. Back ups now being the best we can put out.

The fallacy lies in thinking that Levy is even trying to compete. This, ultimately, is the greatest con. There is something inherently nefarious about an ownership who hires managers, sets them up to fail, and then fires them at the first sign of trouble. Yet this has all gone largely unnoticed in the public eye, where scrutiny from the general media is almost non-existent. That is perhaps the most troubling part about all this. Mike Ashley was always under pressure. Levy is feted still as some sort of protector of his realm, a tough negotiator, a transfer guru. It beggars belief.

Been saying it for years. It's cheaper to sack a coach than rebuild the squad. Way cheaper.
Anyone that thinks things will be better without Conte is in lalaland. Bad footballers can't play good football.

I think the first point I made is the most pertinent. ENIC supporters constantly cite the fact they don't take money out of the club.
But they do use the club as a guarantee in other deals.
What happens if those deals go south?
What incentive is there to ever let go of Spurs, if we can be used as a safety net for them to make a killing elsewhere.

I've called them leeches and succubus' before and I'm now as convinced as ever.

Fair play for doing something. I'm sure many will sneer but you're putting in the effort. I do think something on match days, in the ground, would be most effective. Walk outs, chanting, banners. It will all build momentum.

Back
Top Bottom