Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think without doubt Levy has his faults and has certainly made mistakes.

I also think he has taken us forward dramatically from where we were when he came in, and that it was far from a sure thing. Not just anyone could have got us in this position.

I have plenty of complaints with him, but given the general trend of improvement under him - and seeing countless other chairmen who are basically terrible, Im inclined to support Levy over someone else. Better the devil you know, and all that.

I would keep Levy though not as Chairman, he seems a great talker and gets good deals but he lacks a long term vision. I always think of Levy as Gordon Brown, good at short term decisions bad at long term planning. If a role could be found where he deals with our money and transfer deals in terms of getting it done but then we have a chairman who is better at vision I would be all for that.

If levy hires Van Gaal, lets him run the foobtall side of things and gives him final say over transfers I would be more than willing to eat my own words.

As much as I want someone to blame, I can't put it at Levy's door.

We can't compete financially with the current top four and Man U.
We can't buy the best players and pay the best wages.
We ave no right to be in the top 4 year on year like some people think we should.

Levy has brought us a very long way since ENIC took control of the club. Of course there have been things over that years that have upset fans but if there wasn't he would be the mot perfect chairman in the history of football...which of course it completely unrealistic.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, thats just my feelings on it..

As much as I want someone to blame, I can't put it at Levy's door.

We can't compete financially with the current top four and Man U.
We can't buy the best players and pay the best wages.
We ave no right to be in the top 4 year on year like some people think we should..

But we do have the right not to expect to have our season written off by our own board before xmas
And we do have the right to expect better than Tim Sherwood. A similar appointment would never have happened at any team outside the top 20, let alone the top 6.

Last edited:
Levy is a utter dick head.
Lets look at his record.
Graham
Hoddle
Pleat
Jol - decent manger, loved by the majority of fans - sacked.
Ramos - won a cup - sacked
Redknapp - loved and hated by the fans - but the Best since Bill Nic - sacked.
AvB - Given a team at Porto,sacked by the Chavs double quick, boring football - sacked after Levy bottled it.
TS - dumped in it with a team that does not care and most are sick of the Waffer - No doubt about to be stabbed in the back.

And don't get me started on the massive waste of money on players and the East London move. In any other industry he would be fired. Don't forget he personally gets 2.4 M for failure each year.
Utter Cunt.

Lets look at his record.
Graham
Hoddle
Pleat
AvB - Given a team at Porto,sacked by the Chavs double quick, boring football - sacked after Levy bottled it.
TS - dumped in it with a team that does not care and most are sick of the Waffer - No doubt about to be stabbed in the back.

And don't get me started on the massive waste of money on players and the East London move. In any other industry he would be fired. Don't forget he personally gets 2.4 M for failure each year.
Utter Cunt.

Levy didn't hire Graham, in fact, one of the first things he did was to eject him.

Levy didn't hire Graham, in fact, one of the first things he did was to eject him.
I stand corrected. Levy started with shit and carried on treading in it. Levy always knows how to pass the buck. I remember thinking when Hoddle was appointed that he would save the club. Gutted.

Lets look at his record.
Graham
Hoddle
Pleat

Utter Cunt.

Lol. Not exactly a good post to convince anyone you're fully versed with the managerial history

This is true. Old age. It comes from to many disappointments to mention.
I have now come to the conclusion that some of our fans are happy with 6th every year and Levy eventually building a new stadium, only for it to be full a few times each year.
Unless we get someone willing to invest and with better knowledge than Levy the club is fucked. Never been so disillusioned in 44 years.

Lets look at his record.
Graham
Hoddle
Pleat

Utter Cunt.
only a spurs fan would call his chairman a cunt for backing his managers with cold, hard cash.

I have now come to the conclusion that some of our fans are happy with 6th every year and Levy eventually building a new stadium, only for it to be full a few times each year.
Unless we get someone willing to invest and with better knowledge than Levy the club is fucked. Never been so disillusioned in 44 years.
Ridiculous

I don't know if would call that "damage" necessarily. That might be just what we need. Not that I want a merry-go-round of players each year, but some of these players are just done right now I think.

Based on what? Their performance under AVB (whom you said was shit), or their performances under Tim (whom you said was shit)?

We can't say all the player were shit if we acknowledge that they were playing with shit tactics under shit managers...especially in a thread where we are saying the chairman is shit!

Come on, there must be something or someone at Spurs that isn't shit!

6th?

But we used to be 10th (at best) when Levy took over...
...are you suggesting Levy has improved us?

Ridiculous
The Yid word. Did Levy care about the three involved, or any other fans for singing a song of defense.
Poor appointments - see above. Add the failed directors of football he appointed.
We are not a selling club said Levy - then sold our best players for a profit. 2 more this summer.
100M totally wasted last summer.
Killing the atmosphere at WHL. Boring football and the worry of arrest.
13 years of total failure whilst he pockets 20 plus Million.
Great work if you can get it.

We really need to just be happy that we've survived the storm that has seen some big clubs of the top league obliterated into obscurity, and we've got through that with some growth.

The problem with our team is that we just haven't hit the jackpot that Woolwich did after Rioch, or Chelsea did with Mourinho.

Success will come, but it needs to be with a stable future and the criticisms of Levy don't outweigh the fact that he's shit hot at providing our team with a future that has historically being turbulant to say the least. having to only worry about a manager and finishing 7th best team in England is a 1st world football problem.

Glad we're not Coventry, Pompey or Leeds

Based on what? Their performance under AVB (whom you said was shit), or their performances under Tim (whom you said was shit)?

I don't know if I ever specifically said that either one were "shit". I have/had concerns with both and wasn't sure initially if firing AVB was the best decision, but I pretty quickly realized that it was probably for the best and that there were deep seated, internal reasons why he probably had to go. As for Timmy, I find him someone who is well in over his head, his comments and attitude baffling, but ultimately he was a caretaker manager and I never really thought that he was going to be a long-term option for us. He was always a caretaker for me, and any success we had with him was frankly surprising and unexpected.

So, before you go about putting words in my mouth, please take a moment to actually understand my position.

We can't say all the player were shit if we acknowledge that they were playing with shit tactics under shit managers...especially in a thread where we are saying the chairman is shit!

Come on, there must be something or someone at Spurs that isn't shit!
I know you read my quote because you quoted me, but I don't think you noticed that I said "some", not all.

"Not that I want a merry-go-round of players each year, but some of these players are just done right now I think."

If you want to take issue with some of these sentiments from people, fine, but it would help if you addressed the people who actually believe what you're arguing against.

The Yid word. Did Levy care about the three involved, or any other fans for singing a song of defense.
Poor appointments - see above. Add the failed directors of football he appointed.
We are not a selling club said Levy - then sold our best players for a profit. 2 more this summer.
100M totally wasted last summer.
Killing the atmosphere at WHL. Boring football and the worry of arrest.
13 years of total failure whilst he pockets 20 plus Million.
Great work if you can get it.

13 years of failure? :adestare: Spurs haven't been "glory glory" for 30 years now, but we've been growing far closer to it under ENIC than the berk before (Sugar)

Back
Top Bottom