Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is true. Old age. It comes from to many disappointments to mention.
I have now come to the conclusion that some of our fans are happy with 6th every year and Levy eventually building a new stadium, only for it to be full a few times each year.
Unless we get someone willing to invest and with better knowledge than Levy the club is fucked. Never been so disillusioned in 44 years.

really? 75,76 were a blast of course

I don't know if I ever specifically said that either one were "shit". I have/had concerns with both and wasn't sure initially if firing AVB was the best decision, but I pretty quickly realized that it was probably for the best and that there were deep seated, internal reasons why he probably had to go. As for Timmy, I find him someone who is well in over his head, his comments and attitude baffling, but ultimately he was a caretaker manager and I never really thought that he was going to be a long-term option for us. He was always a caretaker for me, and any success we had with him was frankly surprising and unexpected.

So, before you go about putting words in my mouth, please take a moment to actually understand my position.

I know you read my quote because you quoted me, but I don't think you noticed that I said "some", not all.

"Not that I want a merry-go-round of players each year, but some of these players are just done right now I think."

If you want to take issue with some of these sentiments from people, fine, but it would help if you addressed the people who actually believe what you're arguing against.

Apologies fella, but you've taken me a little more seriously than I intended to be. (though you did say "I remember all the shit we dealt with from AVB as well." ;) )

You were critical of the managers however (justly so as far as I'm concerned) and then rounded on some of the players and, like you say, there are plenty doing that which does lead people to go on the defensive / offensive in discussion. And the fact this happened to be in the Levy thread...I just thought it rather amusing more than anything.

(Note to self: Use smilie faces when trying to be funny)

:adebaehug:

redknapp sacked himself
and shit on us (the support) in the process. Lied through his teeth, and offered his arse to the FA the same week he was cleared in the court case.
I would have had no complaints if he had remained our manager, but I would never have looked at him in the same way

Apologies fella, but you've taken me a little more seriously than I intended to be. (though you did say "I remember all the shit we dealt with from AVB as well." ;) )

You were critical of the managers however (justly so as far as I'm concerned) and then rounded on some of the players and, like you say, there are plenty doing that which does lead people to go on the defensive / offensive in discussion. And the fact this happened to be in the Levy thread...I just thought it rather amusing more than anything.

(Note to self: Use smilie faces when trying to be funny)

:adebaehug:
No biggie. Unfortunately, I think that it's going to be difficult to tell when people are joking for a while, and everyone is going to be a little on edge.

:adethumbup:

What backing?
5 years of average net spend £750,000.
Enic/Levy are parasites and sucking dry the life out of the club.
accountants = no success = sainsburys

a) maybe they are buying the land cheaply to create a village of love and fun and no money pressures.

b)Maybe they are thinking of selling each 1 bed for 300k and just waiting for the market to be right.

Who knows. They will make a fuckton of money if they choose b.

good news is that having a prem club behind you gives you a veneer of stability.

Bad news for us we have a bald peacock calling the shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Levy obviously needs to do a lot better but do people really think this online petition stuff isn't the cringiest thing ever?

Levy obviously needs to do a lot better but do people really think this online petition stuff isn't the cringiest thing ever?

No Online thing, whatever it is will shame him but 10k of supporters calling him a cunt will.

he is a bald peacock.
The worrying thing is what more he can do to fuck us up. he is all about money. nothing else but money. he will have exit stratagems on how to make money and walk away.

I tend to continue to support Levy because he has brought us this far. But over the past few years that progress has stalled or moved us backwards. He is too quick on firing managers and doesn't have a football mind, imo. I still will support him because he was able to move us dramatically forward with absolutely no capital investment. I don't know if he can continue to do the same, but I didn't believe that was possible until he did it. I honestly believe if we don't lose any players or find proper replacements for Vertonghen and or Lloris then we can compete seriously in the new year or two. Our players need to develop more because we consistently throw out 19-25 year olds. I think I will continue to support Levy for another year or two because I give him the benefit of the doubt that he can progress us further(farther? i don't really know..).

and shit on us (the support) in the process. Lied through his teeth, and offered his arse to the FA the same week he was cleared in the court case.
I would have had no complaints if he had remained our manager, but I would never have looked at him in the same way
Dont talk daft.
How can you sack yourself - you resign, HR did not.
What he did was the same as any person on this board, he decided the contract he was offered was not good enough to sign (Levy). If he had got CL he would be in a good position, if not Levy would be.
Asked if he was interested in the England job all he said was he would think about it - if offered - it never was and he never did have to think about it, the same as any sane person would say and do.

Back
Top Bottom