Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

greaves357

I agree with the idea that Chelsea and city have been transformed because of their owners. I agree that Chelsea and city have been extremely successful because of their owners. But do you honestly want to be successful that way? What happens once RA or the city owner gets bored and decides to either stop pumping money into the club or they sell? Then in a very few short years city and Chelsea could be relegated a few divisions because they have absolutely nothing but money. Spurs will be in the premier league for many years to come because they are built on scouting and within their means purchasing.

I was talking to a French PSG fan last night and whilst he thinks its great that they have bought the players they have, he feels like the club has lost a lot of it's heart. I know PSG is a weird example due to being such a relatively young club, but interesting to see that take on it. You can lose cup finals, players, league position but all in the hope the good times may return one day. But once you lose the heart of the club and real pride in achievements, it's over

@danielwynnethfc

9m
My timeline has gone into meltdown tonight. Let me tell you, the board are not idiots despite what many think. Keep the faith

Spurs TV Commentator for all Spurs' games, Trustee of the Tottenham Tribute Trust & Supporters' Trust media spokesman
Does that include Lord "I did not tweet" Sugar

I wish it all the time. Once more we see City stealing a march on us as they sign new strikers. As I say the two best owners in the country are those who run City and Chelsea.

ENIC have done a good job, but no more than that, IMHO. City and Chelsea have been transformed.

Does that post get a prize for getting every possible response?

greaves357

I agree with the idea that Chelsea and city have been transformed because of their owners. I agree that Chelsea and city have been extremely successful because of their owners. But do you honestly want to be successful that way? What happens once RA or the city owner gets bored and decides to either stop pumping money into the club or they sell? Then in a very few short years city and Chelsea could be relegated a few divisions because they have absolutely nothing but money. Spurs will be in the premier league for many years to come because they are built on scouting and within their means purchasing.

I was talking to a French PSG fan last night and whilst he thinks its great that they have bought the players they have, he feels like the club has lost a lot of it's heart. I know PSG is a weird example due to being such a relatively young club, but interesting to see that take on it. You can lose cup finals, players, league position but all in the hope the good times may return one day. But once you lose the heart of the club and real pride in achievements, it's over

You want glory hunters ? Roll over here to the States. It's a shit show of epic proportion and the bane of my existence.

Grabbing a club like Chelsea or City out of thin air , spinning it as some divine right and subjecting others to an intolerable level of arrogance with an actual very limited knowledge base of the game

With that said, I don't think this is about simply spending money and acting like one of those clubs . They clearly have the loot with the Paulinho signing and recent success

4th
5th
4th
5th

The past four years of prem results for our fine club. Now just imagine where Spurs could have finished if they had a legitimate complete Striker for one or any of those four seasons ?

You want glory hunters ? Roll over here to the States. It's a shit show of epic proportion and the bane of my existence.

Grabbing a club like Chelsea or City out of thin air , spinning it as some divine right and subjecting others to an intolerable level of arrogance with an actual very limited football knowledge base.

With that said, I don't think this is about simply spending money and acting like one of those clubs . They clearly have the loot with the Paulinho signing and recent success

4th
5th
4th
5th

The past four years of prem results for our fine club. Now just imagine where Spurs could have finished if they had a legitimate complete Striker for one or any of those four seasons ?

Or where we'd be if not for financial doping. I pray to whatever forces there are in the universe that FFP is properly enforced.

Or where we'd be if not for financial doping. I pray to whatever forces there are in the universe that FFP is properly enforced.
You still wont beat the old brown envelope under the table bribes unless some of the thick heads post photos of themselves wiping their arses with 20 pound notes as has happened previously: :rolleyes:

CJJ CJJ So do i understand you correctly that you believe that Levy, the only constant throughout the years, is resposible for nothing?
And that the resposibility for all our failings lies with everyone else (managers, players, dof, turfies) but him?

CJJ CJJ So do i understand you correctly that you believe that Levy, the only constant throughout the years, is resposible for nothing?
And that the resposibility for all our failings lies with everyone else (managers, players, dof, turfies) but him?

I think it's obvious that, based on the growth of the club and position we're in (unhappy in 6th) that he's done his job pretty damn well. The failures are a combination of bad luck and hindsight.

I genuinely believe that he does everything he can to make the club everything a fan wants it to be, whilst maintaining the integrity and sound business management that is required of our club.

Our problems stem from not ‘replacing’ Bale in any significant way for which Levy is responsible. I’m no fan of clueless Tim but I don’t think the best manager in the world would get us 4th this year.
You could also argue that adding Saha and Nelsen as reinforcements a couple of years ago blew our chances of breaking through. Then add his not backing AVB with preferred signings (Moutinho then Villa)

I can’t really see any non-sugar daddy being able to compete these days anyway but Levy is particularly frustrating.

Levy has let down the support during his tenure, through treatment, Stratford and Jol were also huge mistakes. However I do not blame him for the sale of are best players, or for the substandard quality of the ones that were brought it. Bale, Modric and Berbatov all forced moves, Levy had no choice, or we could end up with a load of Vertonghens, who'd be shadows of their former selves. Rafa wanted out to try and save his marriage.
I don't blame Levy, he does have to accept some of the responsibility for our current situation, bring in a new manager (hopefully LVG). If Lloris wants to go (which he is entitled to do), we should either let him go after the World Cup, or hand him the captaincy in an effort to keep him. Bring in another CB, either experienced or young, but a left back is a priority, the lad from Swansea would be a good shout as Shaw would be too expensive.

Our problems stem from not ‘replacing’ Bale in any significant way for which Levy is responsible. I’m no fan of clueless Tim but I don’t think the best manager in the world would get us 4th this year.
You could also argue that adding Saha and Nelsen as reinforcements a couple of years ago blew our chances of breaking through. Then add his not backing AVB with preferred signings (Moutinho then Villa)

I can’t really see any non-sugar daddy being able to compete these days anyway but Levy is particularly frustrating.

Martinez seems to be having a good crack for a guy with an Anelka lookalike in goal and the reminents of a shit Moyes squad made up of players their original PL teams didn't want (except for Barkley and Baines)

Levy has let down the support during his tenure, through treatment, Stratford and Jol were also huge mistakes. However I do not blame him for the sale of are best players, or for the substandard quality of the ones that were brought it. Bale, Modric and Berbatov all forced moves, Levy had no choice, or we could end up with a load of Vertonghens, who'd be shadows of their former selves. Rafa wanted out to try and save his marriage.
I don't blame Levy, he does have to accept some of the responsibility for our current situation, bring in a new manager (hopefully LVG). If Lloris wants to go (which he is entitled to do), we should either let him go after the World Cup, or hand him the captaincy in an effort to keep him. Bring in another CB, either experienced or young, but a left back is a priority, the lad from Swansea would be a good shout as Shaw would be too expensive.

I agree with responsibility, as it is his job to oversee the club, but blame is different. People are blaming him for things and making themselves look daft for what they're suggesting his is at fault for. Redknapp wasn't the messiah, AVB wasn't blameless and Baldini has done what was expected, but should accept blame for buying so many players at once as his experience should have taught him better.

Back
Top Bottom