Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fact remains that Spurs fans are loaded.

Surprised West Ham spend so little.
Thought they would be drinking much more there as zero pubs within what feels like 10miles of that place.

Lightweights.
I recall getting pretty angry at the cost of a Diet Pepsi when I was at West Ham a couple of seasons ago. Maybe their drinks are more expensive, so the pikeys buy less?

Exactly. Such an odd logic that if a random fan ( who isn’t in the business world) can’t name a potential business owner/investment company to buy us then they must not exist.
As you say, barely any Tottenham fan would have heard of enic & Lewis before they bought us. & even then they would have know very little about them. Look at all the fraudulent & corrupt stuff coming out about Lewis now. Untrustworthy to say the least! Many seemed to think he was a clean ethical trustworthy guy.
And the irony, is that fans were so fed up with sugar, they didn't care if enic were better. They were just someone else

Spurs have the highest amount of corporate/premium seating of any PL club - I think I read somewhere it generates something like 70% of revenues vs say 15% of spectators. I'm not sure what's included in the figures on the chart but corporate revenues are probably apportioned between 'ticket prices' and the food/drink included in the corporate prices.

So a lot of the revenue/fan is from the corporate fan - I think the Tunnel Club is £16k pa +VAT per fan for example.

In term s of the average fan spend, Spurs stadium is thought by most away fans of having the best/widest choice of food in PL and not badly priced so the average fan is simply more likely to eat and drink at the stadium compared to many other club's fans.

Overall I'm not surprised Spurs match day revenue is bigger than other clubs.

Spurs have the highest amount of corporate/premium seating of any PL club - I think I read somewhere it generates something like 70% of revenues vs say 15% of spectators. I'm not sure what's included in the figures on the chart but corporate revenues are probably apportioned between 'ticket prices' and the food/drink included in the corporate prices.

So a lot of the revenue/fan is from the corporate fan - I think the Tunnel Club is £16k pa +VAT per fan for example.

In term s of the average fan spend, Spurs stadium is thought by most away fans of having the best/widest choice of food in PL and not badly priced so the average fan is simply more likely to eat and drink at the stadium compared to many other club's fans.

Overall I'm not surprised Spurs match day revenue is bigger than other clubs.
Yep but that table is not tickets, it’s spend per person (excl tickets)

No really - City’s owners have put loads of investment into the club - unlike Levy and the Glazers who have invested f all apart from the initial acquisition
Palace's owners have put money into their club though so how are you comparing us with them then? :confused:

You seem to be moving the goalposts constantly, it's either about money or it's trophies.

The only comparison is that they both own clubs in the Premier League
One comparison that springs to mind is that they both have ownership models that are under-appreciated by their respective fanbases. Both owners have changed their clubs for the better.

There is no comparison between where Palace are under Steve Parish and where they were under Simon Jordan. Under 10 years of ownership under Jordan, they only had one season in the Premier League while under Parish they are currently enjoying their 10th consecutive season in the top flight.

Palace are in a similar boat to where we were last season. They just need a new manager (I think Pochettino is their man) and if they scout around for a few talented loanees in the Connor Gallagher mould, they'll be where they want to be next season. I think there is a future for them as a development club.

One comparison that springs to mind is that they both have ownership models that are under-appreciated by their respective fanbases. Both owners have changed their clubs for the better.

There is no comparison between where Palace are under Steve Parish and where they were under Simon Jordan. Under 10 years of ownership under Jordan, they only had one season in the Premier League while under Parish they are currently enjoying their 10th consecutive season in the top flight.

Palace are in a similar boat to where we were last season. They just need a new manager (I think Pochettino is their man) and if they scout around for a few talented loanees in the Connor Gallagher mould, they'll be where they want to be next season. I think there is a future for them as a development club.
They are also in a good area to pick up a lot of young good players from south london. Then sell them on for big fees & go again.

Yep but that table is not tickets, it’s spend per person (excl tickets)

Yup that's why my post is focussed upon commenting on food and drink revenues.

However Spurs do NOT publish any separate figures on this revenue stream, its bundled up in other numbers in the annual accounts.

So whoever produced the data in the tweet has made some assumptions as to how to 'carve out' the food and drink numbers - but there is no explanation as to how its done. Several ways to go about that, so I don't doubt the derived figures are reasonable estimates.

My first sentence addresses one issue which is a lot of corporate packages include food and drink etc so its up to the club how they apportion out the monies received between 'seats' and 'food and drink' etc - and for some deals costing £20,000 pa for say 25 matches pa the value of food and drink in that option apportioned by Spurs could be significant (lets guess £300 per visit as best quality food and drink will be served) ...... and that might well skew the figures.

Someday if we at least continue this gradual upward growth, we'll be subject to a takeover or buy-in that gives us the sugar daddy cash to do what these other clubs are doing. One caveat though is that with the global economy doing poorly and all the war/conflict, we may have to wait for "peace" (whatever that is) for the economy to be doing well enough again for things like petro-state and oligarch investors to have the cash to make these sorts of bids possible.

In looking at the total winter transfer window business, the message I got is that pretty much everybody is broke, except us and maybe a few others. That was interesting and novel to see. I took it as a sign of global economic weakness.

It's not really fair to compare us with the other clubs though as they've had wealthy owners buy in with a ready pool of cash to spend freely. What we're doing right now- showing economic resiliency through a balanced and conservative business approach- looks to have been the right move for these kinds of unstable times.

Yup that's why my post is focussed upon commenting on food and drink revenues.

However Spurs do NOT publish any separate figures on this revenue stream, its bundled up in other numbers in the annual accounts.

So whoever produced the data in the tweet has made some assumptions as to how to 'carve out' the food and drink numbers - but there is no explanation as to how its done. Several ways to go about that, so I don't doubt the derived figures are reasonable estimates.

My first sentence addresses one issue which is a lot of corporate packages include food and drink etc so its up to the club how they apportion out the monies received between 'seats' and 'food and drink' etc - and for some deals costing £20,000 pa for say 25 matches pa the value of food and drink in that option apportioned by Spurs could be significant (lets guess £300 per visit as best quality food and drink will be served) ...... and that might well skew the figures.
Could be from an independent consumer research company like Nielsen… agree not from the club, doesn’t mean it’s not credible. I’m not surprised we are top

Palace's owners have put money into their club though so how are you comparing us with them then? :confused:

You seem to be moving the goalposts constantly, it's either about money or it's trophies.
I just post rubbish to wind you up, it’s not an MBA you bellend

Back
Top Bottom