Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WE WERE A GOOD PERFORMANCE OVER 90 MINS AWAY FROM A CUNT OFF THIS WEEK

Angry He Man GIF

Thanks mate

Which is exactly the point.

Keep seeing posts such as "sell up bastards" with fuck all else to back it up, sell to who?? None of you (levy in/out) know anything.

As I said it's just lazy thing to say. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That doesn't mean we have the best owners and everyone else is inferior.
It's just as, if not more lazy to sling out "who else is there" as a reply.

No one really cares who else there is, we'd all have an opinion of some one actually comes to the table and it becomes public knowledge.

That doesn't mean we have the best owners and everyone else is inferior.
It's just as, if not more lazy to sling out "who else is there" as a reply.

No one really cares who else there is, we'd all have an opinion of some one actually comes to the table and it becomes public knowledge.
NOBODY has said 'who else is there' though?!

So not sure what point you are trying to make, not sure you are either to be honest.

The two Real Madrid players Daniel Levy once demanded in swap deal for Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham​

Shamanth Jayaram

Shamanth Jayaram
Fri 9 February 2024

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is one of the toughest negotiators in the world, and Real Madrid president Florentino Perez found this out the hard way.
Very rarely do Real Madrid end up not getting someone they want. The Galacticos are the biggest football club in the world, but Levy made them turn around and walk away in 2018 when they tried to snatch then-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The Athletic claim today that when Real Madrid came calling for Pochettino, Levy demanded Marco Asensio and Mateo Kovacic in a swap deal along with £100 million.

The two Real Madrid players Daniel Levy once demanded in swap deal for Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham​

Shamanth Jayaram

Shamanth Jayaram
Fri 9 February 2024

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is one of the toughest negotiators in the world, and Real Madrid president Florentino Perez found this out the hard way.
Very rarely do Real Madrid end up not getting someone they want. The Galacticos are the biggest football club in the world, but Levy made them turn around and walk away in 2018 when they tried to snatch then-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The Athletic claim today that when Real Madrid came calling for Pochettino, Levy demanded Marco Asensio and Mateo Kovacic in a swap deal along with £100 million.
Would have been easier to just say no . That is not negotiating , if I offered to buy peak Messi for a can of Fanta is that a negotiation. It is a totally fake article in my opinion , the max it would cost Real is paying up the remainder of Poch’s contract at the time . I suppose we could try and say it was tortious interference but very difficult to prove

Would have been easier to just say no . That is not negotiating , if I offered to buy peak Messi for a can of Fanta is that a negotiation. It is a totally fake article in my opinion , the max it would cost Real is paying up the remainder of Poch’s contract at the time . I suppose we could try and say it was tortious interference but very difficult to prove
You may be right but back then I presume Levy there was no way Levy wanted to let Pochettino leave so he slapped ridiculous demands in the face of Real M. just to tell them to stay away and not even bother to try.
By then Spurs had already lost both Modric and Bale to Real M. - a club that think they can get any player they (problem is: they generally do get whoever player they want).

Last edited:

As if you believe this crap lol

Ever heard of a manager/player swap before? No me neither :pocheyes:

The fanbois all use this "well who is better" like there's a fucking menu for football club owners we can choose from.
Nobody knew a bloody thing about ENIC before they bought Spurs and many are still finding things out now 24 years later.

In 2022 there were aprox 3,200 billionaires in the world. That's if we limit the search to individuals. But there are also investment companies just like ENIC, consortiums, etc etc etc that would all love a money printing business.
Exactly. Such an odd logic that if a random fan ( who isn’t in the business world) can’t name a potential business owner/investment company to buy us then they must not exist.
As you say, barely any Tottenham fan would have heard of enic & Lewis before they bought us. & even then they would have know very little about them. Look at all the fraudulent & corrupt stuff coming out about Lewis now. Untrustworthy to say the least! Many seemed to think he was a clean ethical trustworthy guy.

Pressure needs to stay on the club to deliver trophies.

You can also look at this and see that Spurs success is fan built because they pay for it more than any other club.
Need to understand the exact revenue make-up of this. Is this just football matchday revenues? (So, is it including the non-football revenues from boxing, concerts, NFL etc?). Assuming it is only match-day revenues what % is made up of Corporate and ST's? It's long been said that Corporate revenues generate in the region of 80% of match-day revenues.

I'm not making any stake here, our tickets are fucking expensive. It's just I bet the fans who make up the 20% of the revenue bracket actually think they are the ones who make up the number being reported here. While those in the 80% of the revenue bracket don't say a word because their company picks up the bill.

Surprised West Ham spend so little.
Thought they would be drinking much more there as zero pubs within what feels like 10miles of that place.

Lightweights.
If you think Spurs fans are loaded, think USA. The average price of a super bowl ticket yesterday was $8,400. All the celebs who aren't NFL fans and don't understand or appreciate the game are let in gratis while the REAL fans are completely rinsed. You have to be loaded to go to this game.
Below are ticket prices for the CL final.

Category One seats, the cheapest on offer, will cost €70 (£61; $76), but there is then a significant jump to category Two, which are priced at €180 (£156; $195). The next level of tickets, Category Three, are €490 (£425; $530), while Category Four seats would set you back €690 (£599; $747) each.May 18, 2023

Back
Top Bottom