Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't be surprised if the Enic master plan is to buy a stake in an NFL team and move them to London permanently.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck how many people turn up to an NFL game or buy NFL shit in the Tottenham store or how many beers they sold at the stadium, I don't see why any self respecting Spurs fan would and yet there are a tonne of clowns boasting about it on Shitter.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Enic master plan is to buy a stake in an NFL team and move them to London permanently.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck how many people turn up to an NFL game or buy NFL shit in the Tottenham store or how many beers they sold at the stadium, I don't see why any self respecting Spurs fan would and yet there are a tonne of clowns boasting about it on Shitter.

The more coin we bring in, the more we can spend. If that's through an NFL franchise, commercial partnerships, global exposure and a wider fan base so be it.

Crystal Palace are apparently going to be c£40m in the red this year, clearly that will start to cause issues to them as a football club, the same with Everton who I think are roughly £88m in the red for the year.

I don't care about the money we bring in, I care about the clubs safety and financial health should we ever need it to grow. If we can generate it organically in a time where people piss their money away for success I personally would be hugely proud that the club did so.

I don't care about the money we bring in, I care about the clubs safety and financial health should we ever need it to grow. If we can generate it organically in a time where people piss their money away for success I personally would be hugely proud that the club did so.
A single, permanent NFL franchise based in England will 100% be more lucrative and profitable than one of 20 PL football clubs.
Do you not have the slightest worry that in the grand scheme of things we may become the warm up act. On the undercard, if you like.
What evidence do you have that ENIC'S masterplan is to use the NFL link to propel the soccer team to the next level?
I don't doubt your optimism is genuine, mate.
I guess only time will tell if it's little more than wishful thinking though.

A single, permanent NFL franchise based in England will 100% be more lucrative and profitable than one of 20 PL football clubs.
Do you not have the slightest worry that in the grand scheme of things we may become the warm up act. On the undercard, if you like.
What evidence do you have that ENIC'S masterplan is to use the NFL link to propel the soccer team to the next level?

I genuinely don't worry about being the warm up act. It's a completely different sport, it won't overlap into our sport or our passions. Personally I see this as a hugely unique opportunity to make up for serious lost ground on the big guns, time we vastly lost when the PL hit it global and we were languishing in mid table.

I know it isn't the same but there's been multiple sport teams in the past (Barcelona for example have a Basketball team) and if we look at multi purpose stadiums that haven't impacted a brand the Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto Raptors both use the same arena. I believe the Oakland Raiders & the Oakland A's do as well.

Tottenham have 3.8m twitter followers, the Oakland Raiders 1.6m, we will always be a huge pull, we are one of the big clubs in the biggest sport in the world. So long as we never see both Sports overlap, which I honestly cannot see happening I only see the exposure and multi-purpose facilities as being a good thing for reducing debt and increasing market share.

I see why you are wary, but we are a giant football team an drew in England, PL football will always be king. If we just so happen to add an extra revenue stream to the ranks with innovation, it'll only add wedge and value to Spurs, I don't see the risk outweighing the reward enough to alter that mindset mate,

I genuinely don't worry about being the warm up act. It's a completely different sport, it won't overlap into our sport or our passions. Personally I see this as a hugely unique opportunity to make up for serious lost ground on the big guns, time we vastly lost when the PL hit it global and we were languishing in mid table.

I know it isn't the same but there's been multiple sport teams in the past (Barcelona for example have a Basketball team) and if we look at multi purpose stadiums that haven't impacted a brand the Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto Raptors both use the same arena. I believe the Oakland Raiders & the Oakland A's do as well.

Tottenham have 3.8m twitter followers, the Oakland Raiders 1.6m, we will always be a huge pull, we are one of the big clubs in the biggest sport in the world. So long as we never see both Sports overlap, which I honestly cannot see happening I only see the exposure and multi-purpose facilities as being a good thing for reducing debt and increasing market share.

I see why you are wary, but we are a giant football team an drew in England, PL football will always be king. If we just so happen to add an extra revenue stream to the ranks with innovation, it'll only add wedge and value to Spurs, I don't see the risk outweighing the reward enough to alter that mindset mate,

You are mistakenly seeing an extra revenue stream for Tottenham Hotspur when in fact it's an extra revenue stream for Enic, whether Enic decide to invest that revenue stream into Tottenham is debatable.

If you look up Daniel Phillip Levy on companies house you will see how many companies he's made off of the back of Spurs, the stadium is registered as a seperate company as is the Northumberland development, he has real estate companies no doubt off of the back of his land grabbing in Tottenham, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that he has grown his personal fortune a hell of a lot more than he has ever invested in the football club during his tenure, why do people assume that the commercial success of NFL in a Levy owned stadium will translate to investment in football players for spurs?

How good a judge of a player is Poch. Toby and Wanyama had played for him previously so he knew them ,could argue that Sonny has been the only other success.
There is a committee of four who decide the transfers. A business turning over 450m cannot put all sign8ngs on the whim of a m@nager who might only last a year or two.
If Poch ever gets to Madrid he won’t have much say on the transfers.
I don't disagree that a business this side shouldn't be making huge investments on the whim of one person but I lose faith when the expert football man has only as much say about footballing investments as the banker, and two guys who haven't achieved a tenth of what poch has.

I want a DOF and I want a bigger and better scouting network. What I don't want is the chairmen deciding on who we do and don't sign, just like I wouldn't want the manager /head coach deciding on anything no. Football related

You are mistakenly seeing an extra revenue stream for Tottenham Hotspur when in fact it's an extra revenue stream for Enic, whether Enic decide to invest that revenue stream into Tottenham is debatable.

If you look up Daniel Phillip Levy on companies house you will see how many companies he's made off of the back of Spurs, the stadium is registered as a seperate company as is the Northumberland development, he has real estate companies no doubt off of the back of his land grabbing in Tottenham, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that he has grown his personal fortune a hell of a lot more than he has ever invested in the football club during his tenure, why do people assume that the commercial success of NFL in a Levy owned stadium will translate to investment in football players for spurs?

Interesting way of looking at things, if you have any more info I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested in having a read of it. The debt associated with the stadium is in Tottenham's name though correct? I'm sure that for those reasons the separate entity it is registered under would have some kind of legal conflicts should the revenue and eventual profit streams of it not fall under the remit of Spurs funds.

One thing is for certain, ENIC will want to see Tottenham do well. The debts are in the clubs name so any revenue or profit we make will impact the club. From what I gather ENIC don the make their money during ownership, it's mostly at the end when they sell that serious money is made. Perhaps the separate entities is to spread the risk? I'm not too sure how it all works but I would be hugely surprised if there is a conspiracy afoot.

Ha!

This may be your worst prediction yet.

Asking for evidence about ENIC's masterplan whilst outlining your own version of ENIC's masterplan, without said evidence.

Get a grip ffs. All we get is a slice of the profits from drink sales. We dont even have an nfl team. And the maximum we would have is a ground share.

Notes from the latest meeting between the trust and Levy are up.

People laughed when I said we will make 1-2m a game from nfl. Says in there we only have net revenue from beer and food sales. So 1m is about right. If that.

Its not a massive money spinner. Its more about exposure so we can get better sponsorship for the stadium naming rights.

Do you really think a 450m a year football club, a 100m training ground, a 1bn pound stadium and god know what else is all gonna be set up under one company? Thats rediculous.

You conspiracy theorists need to get a grip. Im sure Levy will do alright when he sells up eventually. But Enic has invested billions into the club. Are you blind?

I don't disagree that a business this side shouldn't be making huge investments on the whim of one person but I lose faith when the expert football man has only as much say about footballing investments as the banker, and two guys who haven't achieved a tenth of what poch has.

I want a DOF and I want a bigger and better scouting network. What I don't want is the chairmen deciding on who we do and don't sign, just like I wouldn't want the manager /head coach deciding on anything no. Football related

Actually, I like the chairman as a brake on transfers. It means we never go the way of Man U, over paying for dross. We do buy dross, but its never on the same scale of stupidity.

Levy has achieved alot too. You cant ignore his achievements in football. He is widely known as the best chairman in the league. Other clubs would bite your hand of for him.

Ak Man U fans if theyd take him,

Last edited:
Ha!

This may be your worst prediction yet.

Asking for evidence about ENIC's masterplan whilst outlining your own version of ENIC's masterplan, without said evidence.
This was posted in the the Levy Out? thread, by yours truly. Shame I have to repeat myself, but i'll make an exception just for you.

"It's an NFL stadium and that's the key message.
From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind.
The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur , BUT, this is designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the US..

Tottenham Hotspur head of business development in March this year.

There's concrete evidence of the prominent role ENIC hope the NFL takes at the new stadium. Right in front of your nose.

Uncomfortable reading, isn't it

This was posted in the the Levy Out? thread, by yours truly. Shame I have to repeat myself, but i'll make an exception just for you.

"It's an NFL stadium and that's the key message.
From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind.
The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur , BUT, this is designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the US..

Tottenham Hotspur head of business development in March this year.

There's concrete evidence of the prominent role ENIC hope the NFL takes at the new stadium. Right in front of your nose.

Uncomfortable reading, isn't it

Why is it uncomfortable reading to have 8 nfl games?

Whats the big deal? I assume you wouldnt be this bothered about boxing or take that concerts. So whats the fuss with the nfl?

The sports are so different there isnt really a conflict of interest. An nfl team would also be too expensive for them to invest in IMO. Even if they did. So what. These people have massive portfolios of investments. The clue is in the name.

Looks at what theyve done for the club and stop being such a massive plonker.

Actually, I like the chairman as a break on transfers. It means we never go the way of Man U, over paying for dross. We do buy dross, but its never on the same scale of stupidity.

Levy has achieved alot too. You cant ignore his achievements in football. He is widely known as the best chairman in the league. Other clubs would bite your hand of for him.

Ak Man U fans if theyd take him,
But having a DOF as a go between would probably be a good move. Levy gives him a budget to work with, or the DOF calls Levy up and goes "Club X wants Y amount for their player. I think we can do that but we might need to sell someone if we want another big name".

A three man power structure. Levy and Poch can stay invested in recruitment, but have more time to dedicate to their actual jobs.

What if that were the case, but it also propelled us to being the best/biggest team in Europe?

Would you take that?

Anyone can spend money unwisely (ask my wife) but compare that to Klopp and his purchase of Van Dijk. There's £75m that has more than been repaid.
I'd argue the biggest difference to Liverpool was getting rid of two absolutely woeful 'keepers. Liverpool pre-Van Dijk had the 3rd best defence in the Lague (behind us and City), their defence the same as ours and City's is (with us was) built around the ability to press teams and limited the number of opportunities created on their goal.

I'm not suggesting Van Dijk is a poor player, he's a good player but IMO it could have been any number of 10 CB's who Liverpool could have bought in and the illusion created would have been the same, ditch the shit keepers employ a new CB and let him take credit for an improved defence.

Look at how Liverpool are playing this season, results aside, they do not look like the side of last year, they have been conceding more shots on their goal this year than they have for the past 3 seasons, Van Dijk at the same time looks more vulnerable. This trend may well be rectified by Klopp, but he will be looking for a fix higher up the pitch not from his defenders.

Back
Top Bottom