Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No doubt the camera will capture him, tear in the eye, on October 6 as his lifetime goal comes to fruition when Chicaga Bears take to the field to face Oakland Raiders at the Naming Rights tbc stadium
He gets a pass on everything from me, except for the naming rights. Can’t think of much more he didn’t deliver but it’s his job to sort this out and he hasn’t done it, so needs to accept blame for this.

Stratford? Pretty sure that was a ruse to get planning pushed through for he new ground.

No transfer business? I recall Poch saying there was money to spend he just didn’t spend it.

Levy has delivered us more success than we could have imagined. Against some massive and moneyed opponents too.

He gets a pass on everything from me, except for the naming rights. Can’t think of much more he didn’t deliver but it’s his job to sort this out and he hasn’t done it, so needs to accept blame for this.

Stratford? Pretty sure that was a ruse to get planning pushed through for he new ground.

No transfer business? I recall Poch saying there was money to spend he just didn’t spend it.

Levy has delivered us more success than we could have imagined. Against some massive and moneyed opponents too.
So we should now credit Levy, not Poch, for out perfoming our massive, moneyed opponents?
Bit of a contradictory statement ain't it.

What else shall we credit him with. How about 1 carling cup in 2 decades?

And we're now into blaming Poch for 500 days with 0 new players !

Maybe you'd like to see the club shop selling Pocchetino dartboards too?

I sure am
Maybe I'll join and make a few design suggestions

Penis_statue.jpg

So we should now credit Levy, not Poch, for out perfoming our massive, moneyed opponents?
Bit of a contradictory statement ain't it.

What else shall we credit him with. How about 1 carling cup in 2 decades?

And we're now into blaming Poch for 500 days with 0 new players !

Maybe you'd like to see the club shop selling Pocchetino dartboards too?
Not saying Levy gets credit and Poch doesn’t. Our recent upturn in success is due to numerous people including both of those guys. Marketing teams, social media teams, cleaners, builders, players, coaches. All take a portion of the credit. It’s not one or the other.

How will you be taking your photo op. Sat on the helmet, licking it, or just gently caressing it?

You really don't get it do you ?

The likes of Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Eriksen, Winks Kane et Al were at the club before Poch arrived, so Levy and his previous advisors have put in place s solid footballing base for Poch to work with plus Levy has find the finances and people to design and build one of the best training centres and stadiums in the world.

In the 5 years that Poch had been at Spurs he's made Spurs a CL regular as well as maintaining s challenge for top places in PL.

Sure we can be critical of both Levy and Poch - neither are perfect, any more than I ( and even you ?) Are but that's life. Poch for example hasn't shown himself to be good at buying players whilst Levy (imo,) made a massive mistake in sacking Jol at least a year or two before he needed to - Jol had taken Spurs to 5th position twice the first time in 20 years we had finished that high and maybe just maybe he could have taken us further.

But I'd guess that 75% or more of PL clubs would willingly take Levy Poch our squad stadium and training ground in preference to their current set up.

You really don't get it do you ?

The likes of Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Eriksen, Winks Kane et Al were at the club before Poch arrived, so Levy and his previous advisors have put in place s solid footballing base for Poch to work with plus Levy has find the finances and people to design and build one of the best training centres and stadiums in the world.

In the 5 years that Poch had been at Spurs he's made Spurs a CL regular as well as maintaining s challenge for top places in PL.

Sure we can be critical of both Levy and Poch - neither are perfect, any more than I ( and even you ?) Are but that's life. Poch for example hasn't shown himself to be good at buying players whilst Levy (imo,) made a massive mistake in sacking Jol at least a year or two before he needed to - Jol had taken Spurs to 5th position twice the first time in 20 years we had finished that high and maybe just maybe he could have taken us further.

But I'd guess that 75% or more of PL clubs would willingly take Levy Poch our squad stadium and training ground in preference to their current set up.
So what's your point?

Fair play for having a stab at finances. But your calcs are usually wrong (the money lost by capping our tickets at 50 pounds for example is not anywhere near 70m as you said in another thread).

On this issue....

Do we just pay the interest, or do we repay the capital too? if we want to repay the interest its 15m a year. If we are paying the capital back, we need to save another 25m a year. So 40m in total.

Assuming we got a stadium sponsor for 20m and we only paid the interest of 15m. That would leave us with 450m a year revenue with no interest to pay.

If we paid capital it would be roughly 450m revenue minus 40m. so 410m after financing.

So benefit of only paying interest, is more money for players. Plus, the added bonus in growth of revenues in football largely outweighs growth in inflation.

ie our revenue 15 years ago was 70.6m a year. 15 years later its 450m. Thats 637% growth!!

637% growth over 15 years in future would give us revenue of 2.9 billion a year. Now clearly football cant grow at that rate forever. So even if we say 200% revenue growth by 2034 of 450*2 = 900m.

If we turnover 900m a year when the loan expires (at earliest). We could easily refinance the 640m or a portion of it without much fuss.

The crux of the matter is if we just pay back the interest. our revenues will grow so fast to make the capital repayment fairly insignificant by the time it gets to pay it back.

Anyone wanna comment on these assumptions?

Fyi it's not just one bond.

Financial press are reporting there are a series of bonds with repayment dates of 15, 20, 25 and 30 years ( is when the bonds need to be repaid or refinanced) for different bonds.

The average interest rate is said to be 2.66% but will vary with each bond.

The terms of the bonds are not public, although they might become so, so it maybe that Spurs only need to pay the interest of circa £15m pa or there may be an obligation to put into a special bank account enough money for the capital repayments to be made when the bonds are re paid which would amount to another £25m or so each year. I am no expert on bonds but I'd guess that we have no obligation to set aside any money for at least 10 or even 15 years, which means it is up to Spurs where the capital is invested, whether that be in players or property development or most likely in both. But there may also be restrictions in the bond documentation as to how the bond monies can be spent although I'd guess that these restrictions are unlikely to majorly affect the footballing side of Spurs.

So it's likely that for the next 2 or 3 transfer windows, with annual profits currently running at £100m or more, we will be spending or committing circa £100m or more on say 4 - 6 players each year ( more are too difficult to integrate) provided that suitable players are available. so expect 2 or 3 players of the quality of Ndombele and Lo Celso arriving each summer as the squad is rebuilt.

what does 100 mill buy you these days. Harry Maguire and Daniel James? The more money TV pumps into the game the higher transfer fees and salaries become

what does 100 mill buy you these days. Harry Maguire and Daniel James? The more money TV pumps into the game the higher transfer fees and salaries become

And the more I want to see us invest in young talent. If a Dybala comes up for £60m+ I am all for it but honestly if Spurs were to pay £80m+ for a player like Maguire I'd feel personally violated.

It's all about shit hot academies so we can either produce our own quality or sell it off at silly boy fees to rinse the idiots out there. Everton paid £35m for Alex fucking Iwobi!!! Those HG boys will command top dollar and a beefy sell on % if the buyer is stupid and desperate enough.

It's all about shit hot academies so we can either produce our own quality or sell it off at silly boy fees to rinse the idiots out there. Everton paid £35m for Alex fucking Iwobi!!! Those HG boys will command top dollar and a beefy sell on % if the buyer is stupid and desperate enough.
This sounds like some kind of supra business model where we retain our position as kings of the profit margin.
Or some beefed up version of Del Boy and Rodney running the club.

It certainly doesn't sound like a plan to challenge for and win the major football titles

Back
Top Bottom