Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This sounds like some kind of supra business model where we retain our position as kings of the profit margin.
Or some beefed up version of Del Boy and Rodney running the club.

It certainly doesn't sound like a plan to challenge for and win the major football titles

If we can't fork out going market rates on players like Wan-Bissaka (one full season as a full back = £50m etc) due to not over spending like we clearly never will then we need to see the advantages in a trend where football sees this happening by ensuring we are the ones who gain from that kind of market in order to generate such funds.

Look at the Woolwich academy players at the moment. Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nketiah, Willock etc there's probably £100m of football players there alone that will either make it or if they don't, get their club big money to spend on players that will make the grade.

I'm not saying it's the solution just that a successful model should have a good looking academy as a safeguard for both player quality and potential revenue streams. If we can't and won't shell out the £100m for players like where the game is heading then we need to do our best to get those players before they become £100m players, that is something I struggle to see the club doing at the moment and it's a way to overcome a lot of issues we currently see.

Maybe I'll join and make a few design suggestions

Penis_statue.jpg
It'll have to be removed from your arse first

And the more I want to see us invest in young talent. If a Dybala comes up for £60m+ I am all for it but honestly if Spurs were to pay £80m+ for a player like Maguire I'd feel personally violated.

It's all about shit hot academies so we can either produce our own quality or sell it off at silly boy fees to rinse the idiots out there. Everton paid £35m for Alex fucking Iwobi!!! Those HG boys will command top dollar and a beefy sell on % if the buyer is stupid and desperate enough.

I agree and that's why I'm all in favour of quickly integrating the likes of Tanganga, White, Skipp and Parrot. I don't care about their ages or lack of experience, give them game time and the rest will take care of itself. And yes let's invest even more into the academy, snap up the best talent from around the UK and abroad. Also act quickly and bring in young talent from the lower divisions. It pisses me off that we've missed out on the likes of Maddison and Brooks. According to reports we watched them a lot but apparently Poch wasnt convinced. Fair enough but we should never consider ourselves too big to tap into the lower leagues and pick up some talents. It was good to see this summer that we signed Sessegnon and Clarke.

If we can't fork out going market rates on players like Wan-Bissaka (one full season as a full back = £50m etc) due to not over spending like we clearly never will then we need to see the advantages in a trend where football sees this happening by ensuring we are the ones who gain from that kind of market in order to generate such funds.

Look at the Woolwich academy players at the moment. Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nketiah, Willock etc there's probably £100m of football players there alone that will either make it or if they don't, get their club big money to spend on players that will make the grade.

I'm not saying it's the solution just that a successful model should have a good looking academy as a safeguard for both player quality and potential revenue streams. If we can't and won't shell out the £100m for players like where the game is heading then we need to do our best to get those players before they become £100m players, that is something I struggle to see the club doing at the moment and it's a way to overcome a lot of issues we currently see.
Well so far utd spent 50m on a RB and a world record fee for a CB and are below us in the league

I agree and that's why I'm all in favour of quickly integrating the likes of Tanganga, White, Skipp and Parrot. I don't care about their ages or lack of experience, give them game time and the rest will take care of itself. And yes let's invest even more into the academy, snap up the best talent from around the UK and abroad. Also act quickly and bring in young talent from the lower divisions. It pisses me off that we've missed out on the likes of Maddison and Brooks. According to reports we watched them a lot but apparently Poch wasnt convinced. Fair enough but we should never consider ourselves too big to tap into the lower leagues and pick up some talents. It was good to see this summer that we signed Sessegnon and Clarke.
How good a judge of a player is Poch. Toby and Wanyama had played for him previously so he knew them ,could argue that Sonny has been the only other success.
There is a committee of four who decide the transfers. A business turning over 450m cannot put all sign8ngs on the whim of a m@nager who might only last a year or two.
If Poch ever gets to Madrid he won’t have much say on the transfers.

True but could you imagine trying to convince levy he would ask for definitive proof and sworn affidavit
But isn't that the job of the transfer committee and manager/sporting director?
And as we've seen this summer with Ndombele and Lo Celso Levy is willing to hunk out big money for certain players if it is a motivated enough purchase. Even if he had to pull off some wizardry to make Betis happy with the Lo Celso deal.

Now it is up to Poch to prove that it was money well spent.

But isn't that the job of the transfer committee and manager/sporting director?
And as we've seen this summer with Ndombele and Lo Celso Levy is willing to hunk out big money for certain players if it is a motivated enough purchase. Even if he had to pull off some wizardry to make Betis happy with the Lo Celso deal.

Now it is up to Poch to prove that it was money well spent.
A lot of it depends on sell on value which is what levy loves but yes he got backed and now it's time to deliver on the pitch.

A lot of it depends on sell on value which is what levy loves but yes he got backed and now it's time to deliver on the pitch.
In a perfect world we would have a sporting director who's job it would be to be given a decent budget by Levy/the board and relative free reign to make the purchases.

But I think that if we implemented a sporting director Poch would walk. Despite the obvious perk of him being given more time to focus on actually managing and handling the squad at hand instead of also dealing with sales and purchases.

If Poch goes, he needs to go as well, I don't care if he is a lifelong supporter or not, he is a businessman first and his business on the pitch has been shambolic the two windows prior to this one, massively let us down and has failed to refresh the squad and remove players that don't want to be here.

It won't change with the next manager either, let's not kid ourselves.

People need to ask themselves why this keeps happening, over and over again and why we haven't won a trophy in so long despite having numerous managers.

It's not rocket science and a stadium isn't going to change fuck all, as proven by tonight.

Back
Top Bottom