Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cue all the "how dare you call fans out, why can't you just enjoy the win" merchants.

The same ones who'd be on here slagging Levy/Lewis off and calling out fans if we'd lost.
If this team goes on to win something playing this football, I will take back everything I have ever said about Levy. Most of the credit would go to Ange though.

The fact that some are so apathetic to our lack of trophies under ENIC is sad really.
I think they just been beating down so much that they are not bothered anymore as long as levy & Enic are in charge. Levy & enic over Kane like I predicted a year or so ago. Crazy world we live in. People idolise billionaires like musk & trump these days. Each to their own I guess.
I guess also with some it’s just they can’t handle admitting being wrong all these years as well.

They have been publishing quotes no?

You know what this means? The Matrix has fucked up the dates.

7505-matrica-the-matrix.jpg

As this little kid told me the other day.
Do not try to go to the forum. That’s impossible!!
Only try to realise the truth.
There is no forum…..

Whether what Foster it telling here is true or not I cannot say but it looks strange that a win is not enough but that one have to win by 2 goals to cash in one one's bonus... 🤔

"One of the lads, Danny Rose, was at Tottenham and Daniel Levy is so famously known for being an absolute businessman, brutal, ruthless businessman. Apparently their bonus schedule, their bonus payments were almost impossible to achieve, almost impossible," claimed the goalkeeper.

"To actually get paid a bonus, you would only get it for beating one of the big boys, one of the top six teams. So you're talking a Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, and apparently, I swear on my life, this is what he said to me, you've got to beat them by two clear goals as well. [1-0] it's not enough mate, you ain't getting that bonus. Winning games, they expect you to win games as Tottenham manager, at Tottenham apparently.

"To get the bonus you have to obliterate your opponent. You have to beat Man City 2-0, 3-0 to get that bonus payment which is bonkers. I was saying 'Rosey, there's no chance, that's impossible'.

"He was just saying 'I know Fozzy, I know'. He said there was one time they were winning 2-0 and in the last minute they conceded a goal and everyone was looking at each thinking 'OK come on lads we've missed out on the bonus', and they've still won the big game."
There is logic behind it to be fair. If you say a bonus for winning then the fear is the players sit back as soon as they are ahead and end up conceding. The intension is presumably to make sure they do actually win by pushing for more goals.

The obvious flaw is that you end up conceding because you are pushing for another goal at the expense of your existing lead.

And even if you win the platers may feel negative about the result because they don’t get the bonus.

So not very bright. But i do believe it is true. You can see the thinking behind it. Sadly, it’s probably contributed to our bad record against those big teams.

I wouldn't disagree that this really in the only sustainable strategy and one I would prefer all clubs abide by, however I also feel at times Levy uses this as a way to justify a lack of additional spending.

he seems to have fallen on his feet recently with Ange (although still early days) and a couple of younger signings. Fabio and a few others seem screwed up appointments but if Fabio did lay the foundations of for us finding some recent gems then I can understand his loyalty and wanting to keep him as a 'consultant'.

As I said early days...

I wouldn't disagree that this really in the only sustainable strategy and one I would prefer all clubs abide by, however I also feel at times Levy uses this as a way to justify a lack of additional spending.

he seems to have fallen on his feet recently with Ange (although still early days) and a couple of younger signings. Fabio and a few others seem screwed up appointments but if Fabio did lay the foundations of for us finding some recent gems then I can understand his loyalty and wanting to keep him as a 'consultant'.

As I said early days...
Well said 👍👍

As I said early days...

Let's be fair, it's more than a couple of younger signings....

Maddison
Romero
Bissouma
porro
Udogie
Sarr
Van de Ven
Kulusevski
Bentancur

You could argue our recent signings have been some of the most consistent in terms of quality that we have ever had at this club.

As I said early days...

What does lack of additional spending actually mean though? The issue at Spurs since the stadium has been opened hasn't been the money, it's the way it's been spent.

Let's be fair, it's more than a couple of younger signings....

Maddison
Romero
Bissouma
porro
Udogie
Sarr
Van de Ven
Kulusevski
Bentancur

You could argue our recent signings have been some of the most consistent in terms of quality that we have ever had at this club.

All young, good on the ball. Really gave Ange something to work with which he has needed. Recruitment seems to have been good since Paratici and chief scout Gabbanini have been in at the club.

Back
Top Bottom