Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine a story where a club sells arguably their best player in the past50 years, a player that came up from the youth ranks, bled his heart and soul for the club, showed immense loyalty, only to finally leave in his early 30's after continually being mugged off by the higher ups. Then once the player is gone the club, which already has extortionately high ticket and season ticket prices, thinks it's a a smart move to increase ticket prices 20% more literally right after this club hero decides to leave.

You couldn't make this shit up. It's an absolute farce, that could only be deemed as non-fiction writing material by a complete lunatic.

Aside from the fact they announced prices would go up well before Kane left I personally don’t call this moment in time “immense loyalty”.

SEI_79735755.jpg

Talking about the dream of playing with De Bruyne and hearing Peps team talks.
The ultimate sports-washing football club was his dream move.
Such loyalty…… Fuck off.

He even wore a woolwich shirt!! That’s a paddlin!!

Supporters will always be more Spurs than any one player. Whatever they try to sell you. It’s a job for 99.9% of them.

The trust should be concentrating on more serious matters such as continually falling short in domestic cup matches as we play weakened teams leading to a lack of trophies which resulted in our best player Kane leaving.
Yeah, pricing the fans out isn't important. :disdain:

Imagine a story where a club sells arguably their best player in the past 50 years,
No argument - he's not.
a player that came up from the youth ranks, bled his heart and soul for the club, showed immense loyalty, only to finally leave in his early 30's after continually being mugged off by the higher ups.
You forget the attempt at forcing a move to Man City?
Then once the player is gone the club, which already has extortionately high ticket and season ticket prices, thinks it's a a smart move to increase ticket prices 20% more literally right after this club hero decides to leave.
Prices had already been increased before he left for Germany.
You couldn't make this shit up. It's an absolute farce, that could only be deemed as non-fiction writing material by a complete lunatic.
Your post summed up perfectly! :thumbup:

Ben Foster on what Danny Rose told him about #Tottenham’s bonuses:
"Apparently their bonus payments, were almost impossible to achieve, almost impossible.To actually get paid a bonus, you would only get it for beating one of the big boys, one of the top six teams. And apparently, I swear on my life this is what he said to me, you've got to beat them by two clear goals as well.To get the bonus you have to obliterate your opponent. You have to beat Man City 2-0, 3-0 to get that bonus payment which is bonkers. I was saying 'Rosey, there's no chance, that's impossible'.He was just saying 'I know Fozzy, I know'. He said there was one time they were winning 2-0 and in the last minute they conceded a goal and everyone was looking at each thinking 'OK come on lads we've missed out on the bonus', and they've still won the big game."
[via the @BenFoster Podcast]

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursCamp/status/1701535447715909690

Aside from the fact they announced prices would go up well before Kane left I personally don’t call this moment in time “immense loyalty”.

SEI_79735755.jpg

Talking about the dream of playing with De Bruyne and hearing Peps team talks.
The ultimate sports-washing football club was his dream move.
Such loyalty…… Fuck off.

He even wore a woolwich shirt!! That’s a paddlin!!

Supporters will always be more Spurs than any one player. Whatever they try to sell you. It’s a job for 99.9% of them.
I still think time will be the real determinant with Kane. Perhaps he'll want to return here after bagging a trophy haul at Bayern (my gut says no, but we'll see). When he retires, I guess we'll see who he shows a residual fandom of/loyalty to.

However, it is... odd... how quickly it's felt like "thanks, bye" with regards to Kane. Not really heartbroken like I thought in years gone by we might be if/when his departure came. There has to be an element of him leaving the league to that.

The sad thing is that despite being our record goalscorer and one of our best ever players, there are comparative duds who show more love for the club (hi, Soldado). Fuck me, Vertonghen is still playing but despite that he never ceased showing us love from afar.

The reason I think we should cut some slack though (going back to seeing how it pans out in time), I think Kane is guilty of trying too hard to be the superstar. All the crap he's said in the media about wanting to get trophies, how two losses at Bayern would be a disaster and he likes that, blah blah blah, just feels performative somehow.

I still think time will be the real determinant with Kane. Perhaps he'll want to return here after bagging a trophy haul at Bayern (my gut says no, but we'll see). When he retires, I guess we'll see who he shows a residual fandom of/loyalty to.

However, it is... odd... how quickly it's felt like "thanks, bye" with regards to Kane. Not really heartbroken like I thought in years gone by we might be if/when his departure came. There has to be an element of him leaving the league to that.

The sad thing is that despite being our record goalscorer and one of our best ever players, there are comparative duds who show more love for the club (hi, Soldado). Fuck me, Vertonghen is still playing but despite that he never ceased showing us love from afar.

The reason I think we should cut some slack though (going back to seeing how it pans out in time), I think Kane is guilty of trying too hard to be the superstar. All the crap he's said in the media about wanting to get trophies, how two losses at Bayern would be a disaster and he likes that, blah blah blah, just feels performative somehow.

It’s crazy that you still see Lámela and Jan or Toby watching Spurs games as a fan but we’ve seen nothing from Kane for his former teammates.

We don’t play in the same league so he wouldn’t be offending his new club/fans

It’s crazy that you still see Lámela and Jan or Toby watching Spurs games as a fan but we’ve seen nothing from Kane for his former teammates.

We don’t play in the same league so he wouldn’t be offending his new club/fans

Haven't you heard? We are beneath him now he plays for a 'big club'.

Would do good to remind him who we beat to lift the Audi Cup!

Whether what Foster it telling here is true or not I cannot say but it looks strange that a win is not enough but that one have to win by 2 goals to cash in one one's bonus... 🤔

"One of the lads, Danny Rose, was at Tottenham and Daniel Levy is so famously known for being an absolute businessman, brutal, ruthless businessman. Apparently their bonus schedule, their bonus payments were almost impossible to achieve, almost impossible," claimed the goalkeeper.

"To actually get paid a bonus, you would only get it for beating one of the big boys, one of the top six teams. So you're talking a Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, and apparently, I swear on my life, this is what he said to me, you've got to beat them by two clear goals as well. [1-0] it's not enough mate, you ain't getting that bonus. Winning games, they expect you to win games as Tottenham manager, at Tottenham apparently.

"To get the bonus you have to obliterate your opponent. You have to beat Man City 2-0, 3-0 to get that bonus payment which is bonkers. I was saying 'Rosey, there's no chance, that's impossible'.

"He was just saying 'I know Fozzy, I know'. He said there was one time they were winning 2-0 and in the last minute they conceded a goal and everyone was looking at each thinking 'OK come on lads we've missed out on the bonus', and they've still won the big game."

Whether what Foster it telling here is true or not I cannot say but it looks strange that a win is not enough but that one have to win by 2 goals to cash in one one's bonus... 🤔

"One of the lads, Danny Rose, was at Tottenham and Daniel Levy is so famously known for being an absolute businessman, brutal, ruthless businessman. Apparently their bonus schedule, their bonus payments were almost impossible to achieve, almost impossible," claimed the goalkeeper.

"To actually get paid a bonus, you would only get it for beating one of the big boys, one of the top six teams. So you're talking a Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, and apparently, I swear on my life, this is what he said to me, you've got to beat them by two clear goals as well. [1-0] it's not enough mate, you ain't getting that bonus. Winning games, they expect you to win games as Tottenham manager, at Tottenham apparently.

"To get the bonus you have to obliterate your opponent. You have to beat Man City 2-0, 3-0 to get that bonus payment which is bonkers. I was saying 'Rosey, there's no chance, that's impossible'.

"He was just saying 'I know Fozzy, I know'. He said there was one time they were winning 2-0 and in the last minute they conceded a goal and everyone was looking at each thinking 'OK come on lads we've missed out on the bonus', and they've still won the big game."
No idea if true but for bonuses to be an incentive they have to be achievable. If not then the players ignore them and they do not improve results. The players Agent would have seen the terms when the player signed the contract and passed his views as to whether achievable to the player at that time.

Simple Google shows this is unlikely to be true in the last 5 years or so

Bearing in mind when rose was playing we weren’t even buying new players it was probably the case.

But things have moved on. Now I think we are among the best players in the league.

Getting rid of Kane and next up ndombeles wages will help too. Can’t imagine our new GK is on the same wage as Lloris either.

Back on the CL trail next season. Loads of money!!!

Back
Top Bottom