Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the point is though, no one would begrudge ENIC for making a huge capital gain on their investment, if only they backed it up by actively investing in the FOOTBALL team, and had more than just 1 league cup to show for nearly 2 decades of ownership

Fuck me I feel sorry for all those clubs that never win anything yet still have a loyal non-melty fan base. There are three domestic trophies on offer. Plus one European one if a side is lucky enough to qualify. To actually win a cup takes a bit of luck, to win the league takes a hell of a lot of consistency. The fact we now actually compete in those with regularity shows how good we have become in in recent years. ENIC have always run the club as a self sufficient model and whilst it's annoyed many fans it has also allowed them to develop the club, training centre and soon to be best stadium in the country. If you cannot appreciate those things over £30m+ signing then you're supporting the wrong club.

Of those only Ledley can be considered in any way recent.
I am talking about the players coming out of the youth system around the time ENIC came into the picture, not guys coming out of they system in the late 1980s. Who were the quality players coming out of our youth set up in the late 1990s/early 2000s?
The current management inherited a car crash on the youth side.
they inherited a car crash, full stop.

Again, it's subjective.

United fans think Valencia is the best right back in the league.
Woolwich fans think Bellerin is the best right back in the league.
I know Everton fans who think Coleman is the best right back in the league.
Liverpool fans think Clyne is better then Walker etc.

Most non-Spurs fans think Trippier is better than Walker ffs.

He's a very good right wing back in Pochettino's system and Pochettino has got him playing to a higher performance level then we've EVER seen from him.

Sadly, City appear to have thoughy KW was the best of the bunch too...

Sadly, City appear to have thoughy KW was the best of the bunch too...
You'd have to think it was because he was in his prime and Pochettino supposedly wanted rid.

Coleman is injured, Clyne is inconsistent, Valencia plays for their rivals and Guardiola won't be at City long enough to see Bellerin blossom.

You'd have to think it was because he was in his prime and Pochettino supposedly wanted rid.

Coleman is injured, Clyne is inconsistent, Valencia plays for their rivals and Guardiola won't be at City long enough to see Bellerin blossom.

Meh.... No competition then.

Say wuuuuuuuuuuurt???:dembele:

Ah you missed the days of John's stadium denial. He was adamant that Levy/ENIC were never going to build the stadium. The term 'not one brick' got bandied about a lot. Even when the stadium ground works began, there was still scepticism. It was also suggested Levy was funding Archway's legal case just to delay the project further. Oh those were funny times back in 2014/15.

Ah you missed the days of John's stadium denial. He was adamant that Levy/ENIC were never going to build the stadium. The term 'not one brick' got bandied about a lot. Even when the stadium ground works began, there was still scepticism. It was also suggested Levy was funding Archway's legal case just to delay the project further. Oh those were funny times back in 2014/15.
Is he the bloke who runs that anti-Spurs supporting blog Tommy Tottenham or some shit like that

Is he the bloke who runs that anti-Spurs supporting blog Tommy Tottenham or some shit like that

"The Boy Hotspur"

"Boy"

198b66e90a5ebbf56191f0e40126198a

:pochshock:

And the bet with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
New Stadium

Yall ar delusional on the walker front. Great player. Our loss.
Levy the master trader got shafted as well. Why 50 and not 65 given city's desperation.
I'm also sick of hearing 'how broke we are' and 'how small a budget mo po has to work with'. We are not broke - if that prick Joe Lewis invested some of his money into the club perhaps these perceptions would die.
It's a business for them.

WARNING - MELT ALERT

If you're part of the happy-clappers squad - leave now

Well, what the fuck just happened, Mr Levy?

We have now been cuckolded into strengthening a direct rival with one of our best players for the past 3-4 seasons and sounds like we're about to sign a few more N'Jies and N'Koudous as replacements.

Worst of all - this sends a terrible message to the rest of our stars - i.e. if the price is right - we will sell. So all this PR bollocks about building for the future and not selling our best players is just that. If we fail to win any silverware this season - brace yourselves for a mass exodus next summer. This is team is too good to win fuck all in the end. Well, at least the shareholders will be happy. What a fucking joke

Makes me sick seeing him a City shirt next season while the ENIC PR machine spins another manicured press-release about how we almost signed Aguero and Neymar on deadline day. This is our equivalent of Van Persie / Nasri all over again. Blah, blah net spend, best goal difference - fuck off.

MELT OVER
Players haven't left ManCity and they have won a 1 league cup in 3 seasons.
They are content to be squad players if you pay them enough.
Be more worried about players having disagreements with Pochettino and his staff.

Back
Top Bottom