Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yall ar delusional on the walker front. Great player. Our loss.
Levy the master trader got shafted as well. Why 50 and not 65 given city's desperation.

You talk with all the confidence of a person who knows what the exact fee was, when I doubt it's the case.

I'm also sick of hearing 'how broke we are' and 'how small a budget mo po has to work with'.

You're sick of hearing something that no one on here has said.

We are not broke - if that prick Joe Lewis invested some of his money into the club perhaps these perceptions would die.
It's a business for them.

There isn't a perception of us being broke.

It's just luck for us that all of the land for the new stadium and training ground got given to us for free then, eh?
:pocheyes:

You realise that when other "rich investors" put their money into a club, it's done as loans and is creditable debt. ENIC have wiped out our debt, whilst massively improving the club. I find it astonishing that some of you are unable to see that, but thankfully you're the absolute minority.

100% sure Poch has replacement in mind and probably lined up already .
You would hope so.
Otherwise whilst Walker is having a pre season with City our replacement won't as we will be scratching around in August trying to buy him.
While the transfer sums rise as they know we need a replacement .

You talk with all the confidence of a person who knows what the exact fee was, when I doubt it's the case.

You're sick of hearing something that no one on here has said.

There isn't a perception of us being broke.

It's just luck for us that all of the land for the new stadium and training ground got given to us for free then, eh?
:pocheyes:

You realise that when other "rich investors" put their money into a club, it's done as loans and is creditable debt. ENIC have wiped out our debt, whilst massively improving the club. I find it astonishing that some of you are unable to see that, but thankfully you're the absolute minority.

Oh my god. You are rediculous. The training facilities and stadium are purely to increase the value of the assets that they own. They will sell us of eneivtably at massive profit to themselves.
I don't want us to be a Man City - but it would be nice to see some investment int he squad. If Harry Kane decides he want to be a top premier league earner - which he deserve - do you accept that we can't afford to pay his salary and let him leave? Despite Lewis worth? All hypothetical, of course.

And no - I certainly am not in the minority. It's embarrassing to hear your fan boy support of ENIC. Levy I don't have a problem with - really - Lewis i do. Inevitably this conversation will become Andy 'arsene we trust/ arsene out debate'.

We are run purely for capital gain. Capital gain for a tax dodging parisite in the Bahamas - he has no interest there winning titles.

Oh my god. You are rediculous. The training facilities and stadium are purely to increase the value of the assets that they own. They will sell us of eneivtably at massive profit to themselves.

rediculous? Is that the punchline to "What do you call a clown covered in ketchup?"

You have to be a special kind of person to not realise that making the club better and making the club valuable are one and the same thing.

I imagine you lot (as in, special folk who come up with these things) would just say "ENIC are only doing this to make money off the club" if we went and won the title.

Bunch of losers who seem to measure success by how much debt a club is in.

rediculous? Is that the punchline to "What do you call a clown covered in ketchup?"

You have to be a special kind of person to not realise that making the club better and making the club valuable are one and the same thing.

I imagine you lot (as in, special folk who come up with these things) would just say "ENIC are only doing this to make money off the club" if we went and won the title.

Bunch of losers who seem to measure success by how much debt a club is in.

Wrong wrong wrong.
Firstly, we won't win a title under the ENIC stewardship. Can you not see the similarities to the running of Woolwich?

In fact Woolwich are a great example of a team that has become supremely wealthy - but this does not reflect their success on the pitch.

I appreciate our desire to grow players - but do you genuinely think it's acceptable for a team in our position to consistently have the lowest net spend in the league?

I work in the world of finance - it's generally accepted with in my professional environment that ENIC are milking the team that we all love.
The same could be said about many other clubs - but some of those other clubs see investment that drives them towards success

Wrong wrong wrong.
Firstly, we won't win a title under the ENIC stewardship. Can you not see the similarities to the running of Woolwich?

In fact Woolwich are a great example of a team that has become supremely wealthy - but this does not reflect their success on the pitch.

I appreciate our desire to grow players - but do you genuinely think it's acceptable for a team in our position to consistently have the lowest net spend in the league?

I work in the world of finance - it's generally accepted with in my professional environment that ENIC are milking the team that we all love.
The same could be said about many other clubs - but some of those other clubs see investment that drives them towards success

World of finance? You're barely literate. I call bullshit.

World of finance? You're barely literate. I call bullshit.

Working in Cash Convertors could be deemed working in finance.

How are ENIC milking THFC? They seem to be developing their business by actually investing in capital, training centre and stadium. The squad value seems to be increasing due to performance success, winning will come eventually as this team have developed together and showing signs of consistency to actually win something, we are getting closer. Buying expensive hit or miss players isn't really a sensible way of buying success unless the owners have endless pots of dodgy money to launder and prepared to spunk a small countries GDP on 3-4 players.

Bizarre that some would prefer the club spent millions on wages and agents fees rather than invest in the infrastructure of the club - if we'd built the training ground and seen zero improvement, then I could maybe understand. But that clearly isn't the case.

Other clubs would love to copy us, I'm sure - only issue is that this recent success is 10-15 years of planning coming through and none of them have owners willing to do it.

Bizarre that some would prefer the club spent millions on wages and agents fees rather than invest in the infrastructure of the club - if we'd built the training ground and seen zero improvement, then I could maybe understand. But that clearly isn't the case.

Other clubs would love to copy us, I'm sure - only issue is that this recent success is 10-15 years of planning coming through and none of them have owners willing to do it.
You certainly need to spend money on wages if you want to retain the players
you have developed . They will enventually piss off .
A balance is required , you can't do everything on the cheap .

Wrong wrong wrong.

Someone used the 'net spend' argument, there should be an alarm ringing for this sort of thing!

Our net spend has been heavily weighted by selling certain players at the top of their value and taking a chance on cheaper players. This is perhaps an unfair microcosm but let's consider that we sold Bale for somewhere around £80m and we bought Alli for £5m, now I accept not every buying or selling choice has been right but on a long term trend we've sold and spent well, we have a very strong squad which we've created sustainably, I don't see how you can use that as a rod to beat ENIC's back.

Now I hate many things about Woolwich, some of their fans attitude to the game itself and self entitlement is ridiculous, but the fact is, as a club, they're well run, if they changed owners today, they would not be laiden with debt, they have a big (albeit souless) stadium and a good squad with a manager they should have fired years ago. The fact remains they have many faults but they're not financially doped in the way City or Chelsea are. There are many reasons to hate Woolwich, this isn't one.

I don't think it's accepted that ENIC are milking us, it's incredulous to me that they're funding infrastructure, they've overseen the club genuinely progressing on and off the field. If they are making money by Spurs being successful then arguably that's what they're here for, it's a deal, they make a better club with more progress and we as fans enjoy that.

If you think, specially after last season, this is not a great time to be a fan of our club, maybe you should find another one.

You certainly need to spend money on wages if you want to retain the players
you have developed . They will enventually piss off .
A balance is required , you can't do everything on the cheap .

I agree, but 90% of our players have signed new contracts within the last 12 months.

Some of them and the general market are increasing at a rate that they will probably expect increases soon - but they aren't being taken the piss out of.

Back
Top Bottom