Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VAR is killing the game. How can Son be offside these decisions are killing the game. As far as I'm concerned the powers that be are using VAR wrongly. Spurs get penalised for someone be 11 millimetres offside , what happened to clear and obvious. VAR has given us 1 point and taken away 6
Newcastle 1pt - Kane penalty
Woolwich 2pts - Alli being rugby tackles in the box, ref didn't even look at it
Leicester 3pts - 2ND goal being wrongly ruled out.
I bet this doesn't even itself out.

The problem with VAR is quite simple and we'll keep saying this until were blue in the face - THE DECISION OF WHEN TO USE VAR AND WHEN NOT TO IS UNACCEPTABLY SUBJECTIVE.

So you get the Son incident yesterday being raked over with a microscope and yet fouls committed in the penalty area such as the Alli incident against Woolwich (and many more) are ignored. The answer is simple, either VAR is used to police the 90 mins in its entirety, effectively replacing the ref, or you just bin it.

The problem with VAR is quite simple and we'll keep saying this until were blue in the face - THE DECISION OF WHEN TO USE VAR AND WHEN NOT TO IS UNACCEPTABLY SUBJECTIVE.

So you get the Son incident yesterday being raked over with a microscope and yet fouls committed in the penalty area such as the Alli incident against Woolwich (and many more) are ignored. The answer is simple, either VAR is used to police the 90 mins in its entirety, effectively replacing the ref, or you just bin it.
On the evidence I've seen so far I,d bin it. It doesn't take away human error or being a cunt in Mike Deans case. Take the Kane penalty against Newcastle. The defender just dives and impedes Kane and because Dean is such a shite ref he doesn't give it. It goes to his mate who looks at it and just backs his mate up. I cant accept that decisions like this are not given yet we as fans have to accept the Son decision yesterday. Fans will start turning away from football because VAR isn't being used properly. CLEAR and OBVIOUS are the key words here and yesterday's decision wasn't.

but every goal is checked for offside whether given or not given, clear and obvious doesn't come into it for offside which is a ridiculous problem because every single decision with millimetres in it will go to VAR and there will be dozens like yesterdays over the season.
Yesterdays decision was fucking shite and is shite for the game when you are talking millimetres like that-fucking joke really.

In cricket marginal decisions are given as umpires call and stays with the original decision maybe that should be considered with var
By the time they decide to do this its fucked our season. I go back to the champions league final we get fucked over by a ref who doesn't know the hand ball rule. Now they have changed the rule but it doesn't help us.

Slept on it.

Genuinely think the game is done. What’s the point?

I should be commenting on a 0-2 away win and if anything being greedy that our finishing wasn’t great and we should have buried the game.

But the farcical nature of VAR is one nail in the coffin.. and then you see city win 8-0 as their reaction to losing to Norwich. Where’s our fucking 8-0 reaction to throwing away Wednesdays game. What’s the point to competing with them? Now I’m so disappointed by yesterday.. I’m not going to even look at todays games. The terrible VAR has ruined my interest in general match watching.

Maybe the egg shaped ball might be better??

Slept on it.

Genuinely think the game is done. What’s the point?

I should be commenting on a 0-2 away win and if anything being greedy that our finishing wasn’t great and we should have buried the game.

But the farcical nature of VAR is one nail in the coffin.. and then you see city win 8-0 as their reaction to losing to Norwich. Where’s our fucking 8-0 reaction to throwing away Wednesdays game. What’s the point to competing with them? Now I’m so disappointed by yesterday.. I’m not going to even look at todays games. The terrible VAR has ruined my interest in general match watching.

Maybe the egg shaped ball might be better??
I'm done too. I,m seriously thinking about not renewing my season ticket. It's not football anymore its VAR ball. What's the point of trying to compete with the financially doped teams.

It’s just no longer a joy to watch. City are in an injury crisis according to media... well what the fuck are we then? Always somebody crocked!

Worst part is I knew that when they disallowed our goal, we’d go on to lose. My dad text me and said the same.. a friend said the same too! Now that’s a negative doubt that’s been impressed into me/ other fans.. what is is the point and enjoyment of that?

Sorry, I ain’t one to get down and moan... but this isn’t fun.

Although we where hard done to by a VAR disallowed goal, we are also forgetting that Leicester had a disallowed goal through VAR aswell, which last season would have stood, as the Lino didn’t flag. Swings and roundabouts. Can’t blame VAR just a bollockless performance.

Oh yeh, we didn’t put to bed about 3 good chances.

Eriksen actually ducked a header.. he could have scored that. That was pathetic. Scared to tackle and now to head the ball.

Although we where hard done to by a VAR disallowed goal, we are also forgetting that Leicester had a disallowed goal through VAR aswell, which last season would have stood, as the Lino didn’t flag. Swings and roundabouts. Can’t blame VAR just a bollockless performance.
The lino didn't flag because they are now told not too. There suppose to wait until the play stops and it goes to VAR. Anyway Leicester had 4 players more than a yard offside

The lino didn't flag because they are now told not too. There suppose to wait until the play stops and it goes to VAR. Anyway Leicester had 4 players more than a yard offside

True they are told not to in tight calls, but as you point out, Lino should have have seen that.

Their goal just felt offside. And was.

Our goal didn’t... and depending on which frame you see, wasn’t.

Someone posted about marginal calls staying with onfield decision like they do in cricket - an excellent idea.

Their goal was offside to the naked eye.

The lino didn't flag cos they are told not to and let VAR decide.

As Bill Nicholson once said...
“If you don’t have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can’t claim to have done your best.”

You can imagine what he’d have said to some of them after that performance

Watching it I got my hopes slightly up when they announced 6 minutes added time
How fucking stupid was I?

Never looked like scoring and barely threatened their goal
Just the same old shite

Back
Top Bottom