Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As Bill Nicholson once said...
“If you don’t have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can’t claim to have done your best.”

You can imagine what he’d have said to some of them after that performance

Watching it I got my hopes slightly up when they announced 6 minutes added time
How fucking stupid was I?

Never looked like scoring and barely threatened their goal
Just the same old shite

Although we where hard done to by a VAR disallowed goal, we are also forgetting that Leicester had a disallowed goal through VAR aswell, which last season would have stood, as the Lino didn’t flag. Swings and roundabouts. Can’t blame VAR just a bollockless performance.

Difference being if there was a decent lino last season it would still have been disallowed

With VAR the officials can get lazy as they do in cricket

But you can’t compare the two decisions as they were a couple of metres offside so it was clear

They were still unsure whether Son was off on MOTD several hours later

Ridiculous decision and it’s ruining the game

Don’t really think we performed that badly. Nowhere near the levels of the Newcastle debacle anyway. Yes we should’ve seen the game out, but Leicester aren’t shit. They’ll be around the top six this season and we don’t have a divine right to beat teams of that standard.

Can see why the subs were made. I’d be stunned if anyone on here had more of an insight into Big Vic’s fitness levels than Poch, so if he thought it was the right move, who am I to argue? Didn’t work out, but could’ve closed the game out on another day.

I expected us to finish third at the start of the season and pretty sure we still will. Performances like yesterday get us the points in a good twenty matches against weaker opponents. Not convinced yesterday added anything to our worries. The past six months have been weird. We’ve either been lucky or unlucky. Have rarely got what we deserved.

Don’t really think we performed that badly. Nowhere near the levels of the Newcastle debacle anyway. Yes we should’ve seen the game out, but Leicester aren’t shit. They’ll be around the top six this season and we don’t have a divine right to beat teams of that standard.

Can see why the subs were made. I’d be stunned if anyone on here had more of an insight into Big Vic’s fitness levels than Poch, so if he thought it was the right move, who am I to argue? Didn’t work out, but could’ve closed the game out on another day.

I expected us to finish third at the start of the season and pretty sure we still will. Performances like yesterday get us the points in a good twenty matches against weaker opponents. Not convinced yesterday added anything to our worries. The past six months have been weird. We’ve either been lucky or unlucky. Have rarely got what we deserved.
You really see us finishing 3rd? My friend, you are the epitome of an optimist. Clearly your enthusiasm for the team is clouding your ability to be objective. However I must salute you as the supporter I wish I could be.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but why wasn’t their centre half yellow carded when Kane scored his goal. It was a clear push in the back and regardless of the fact Kane scored, it was a push
Did the ref just forget?

BTW, Poch takes off Sissoko (who was brilliant!) because he was on a yellow, and Wanyama (who was slow to everything) got an instant yellow after he came on, so what was the point??

I actually thought that was the turning point not the wrongful VAR decision.
Said Wanyama should come off at that point he got a yellow. He's useless when he can't tackle. Also no point moving winks to the right. Just play 2 DMs to cover both sides. The diamond fucked us, these are the little tactical decisions poch had always been poor at.

Poch obviously sees something but doesn't look like anyone in here can understand what that is.

You really see us finishing 3rd? My friend, you are the epitome of an optimist. Clearly your enthusiasm for the team is clouding your ability to be objective. However I must salute you as the supporter I wish I could be.
We were third yesterday morning. We are fifth today. Man City and Liverpool are well ahead of us, but it’s a toss up between us, ManU, Chelsea, Woolwich and Leicester for third. Would you swap many players from each of those teams with ours? Would you swap managers? Stadiums? I wouldn’t.

Lloris was able to knock his wife up and see the child born between away wins.

1365283356672.gif
Let's just say Mrs Lloris was fucking delighted after Fulham away
Classic TFC.

As I watch Spammers blank United, this thought. I have only followed the league closely for 15 years, but it seems to me that, after City and Pool, this league is more competitive # 3-20 than I can ever remember. Wolves are in the drop zone, and we all thought they would challenge for top 4.

Wolves won't be in the top 8 this season.

For me it's equal between us, Chelsea, United, and Arse, with Leicester very slightly behind.

The top 6 will be broken I believe.

We were third yesterday morning. We are fifth today. Man City and Liverpool are well ahead of us, but it’s a toss up between us, ManU, Chelsea, Woolwich and Leicester for third. Would you swap many players from each of those teams with ours? Would you swap managers? Stadiums? I wouldn’t.
Some players and probably the manager. And what's the point in a great stadium if can't play great football in it.
I would certainly swap for a RB and a striker to back up Harry.

Back
Top Bottom