Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, I am not fucking sanguine about this one. Sort the fucker out you cunts.

Poch, Harry, Daniel. I don’t care who sorts it. Just fucking sort it.

Thanks in advance.

Rocket x

Ok. Would you like clarification or does that statement and all of its implications stand on its own? Were all the 'Muricanisms in there throwing you off? Think Chelsea and their 'rats' with Mourinho. Or how they did AVB. It's a player power situation.

Athletes with the 'Coach Killer' Reputation

It seems to happen a lot in the NBA because the teams are small and star players have huge influence. But the makings of it are in the PL too. Just think of people/pundits saying "X coach is not getting the best out of Y player". You could argue 'downing tools' is similar but in a coach killer situation it is less passive-aggressive ie a player giving the 'me or him' ultimatum to management. In the NBA that coach will be gone.
Clearer now. Thanks.

Nobody knows, perhaps he was 11 mm offside and my problem is that decisions like that kill the game. No problem when they use the VAR in case of an obvious handball or a player who is a yard offside.
I always thought the standard was "if the player is interfering with the play"

Just watching Rocky III. Poch should tell everyone at the club to go rent this shit and watch it, see what glory is supposed to look like.

I expect and want fighters! Get it the fuck together and go murder teams like the cunts I know you can be! No more fucking about, become a fucking team and stop pricking about with all this plastic shit. Last chance saloon for a few of our lot in the twilight of their careers. Time to find a voice or watch it all pass them by. Time to take responsibility, none of this Happy Meal bollocks they've been serving up!

Toby & Jan are the key but only if they take it upon themselves. Where's the fucking fight at the moment? That 6 minutes of injury time and I don't recall troubling their goalkeeper at all? That's a fucking shambles I expect at the very least some heart, not this processed bullshit we are getting at the moment!

Fucking fight for it Spurs! Find your fucking hunger again or please just leave my club! No more excuses, it's time to take it seriously now. Each and everyone one of our boys need to make our club the priority. If they don't then they ain't welcome anymore. 1 away win since January? Look at the talent we have they should all be ashamed of themselves!

Fight or very kindly fuck off! You believed in your own hype Spurs, nows the time to show it was justified. Crunch time let's see what's you're all made of!
I wish I could like this a million times over!
At least print it out, magnify it and hang it up in the dressing room.
At one stage, I wouldn't have swapped any of our players for any others, because we had an incredible team spirit that stretched from the boardroom to the academy. There was a hunger for the ball that enabled us to play some scintillating football, with an edge to our play that looked like putting our Spursey tag to bed, once and for all.
I honestly believed that we had the best manager in the world and players who would run through fire for our shirt. I guess that I don't believe that now, which makes it so much more painful to see what's happening now.
Unfortunately I don't think that arguing the toss over statistics and formations is going to help and I can't offer any solutions. I just want to see players who give their all, every single minute they are on the pitch - is that too much to ask?

Read a fair bit of this thread but cant agree that the VAR cost us the game.

Was it a tough call ? Maybe. Doesn't take away from the fact that once again, we capitulated after going ahead.

Teams playing with confidence and steel, win these games. They win ugly if need be. No one remembers who led at one point, or how many chances we had, when the season points are tallied. Points dropped again.

No idea whats going on behind the scenes, but we seem very vulnerable at the minute.

At one stage, I wouldn't have swapped any of our players for any others, because we had an incredible team spirit that stretched from the boardroom to the academy. There was a hunger for the ball that enabled us to play some scintillating football, with an edge to our play that looked like putting our Spursey tag to bed, once and for all.
I honestly believed that we had the best manager in the world and players who would run through fire for our shirt. I guess that I don't believe that now, which makes it so much more painful to see what's happening now.
Unfortunately I don't think that arguing the toss over statistics and formations is going to help and I can't offer any solutions. I just want to see players who give their all, every single minute they are on the pitch - is that too much to ask?
As Bill Nicholson once said...
“If you don’t have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can’t claim to have done your best.”

Unfortunately the player's have stopped believing as well which is part of the problem.

Was working all day yesterday and missed the game, I couldn't bring myself to watch the match last night.
Having watched MOTD there I am absolutely disgusted as to how the fuck that Son offside can be given. Its got to such a precise point now that a player with a baggy jersey can be offside ffs and the point the guys made about when the ball is actually passed is valid too-why the fuck isn't the benefit of the doubt given to the attacking side any more which has ALWAYS been the case in 140 years of football?

Wanted tech when we were truly awful and the mendes goal at OT wasn't given because I wanted to get an advantage for a shite team but this VAR bollocks is destroying the game along with the financial doping of rich clubs. Seeing a team backed by an oil rich countrys royal family put 8 past a premier league club with ease yesterday is depressing as well.

As far as our lot go-I think Poch has been gone in his head since last season-his chat in the media is painful to hear. How can he talk about mentality etc while saying he was going to leave if we won the CL? His negativity has fed down to the players IMHO. We look finished atm, 3 'easy' matches coming up won't even fix our problems I am afraid. This is now a rebuilding project again, has HE got the mentality and bottle for it? I'm not sure he does tbqh because we are light years away from actually challenging again.

Back
Top Bottom