Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were third yesterday morning. We are fifth today. Man City and Liverpool are well ahead of us, but it’s a toss up between us, ManU, Chelsea, Woolwich and Leicester for third. Would you swap many players from each of those teams with ours? Would you swap managers? Stadiums? I wouldn’t.
Actually we are 8th

We were third yesterday morning. We are fifth today. Man City and Liverpool are well ahead of us, but it’s a toss up between us, ManU, Chelsea, Woolwich and Leicester for third. Would you swap many players from each of those teams with ours? Would you swap managers? Stadiums? I wouldn’t.

I think we have by far the best squad of the top 4 chasers. What we aren’t doing is playing a type of football that suits them. We are playing a style that exposes the ageing legs in the team and doesn’t give us any balance when you go from attack to defence.

All we have to do to fix our problems is change the way we play. Focus on being harder to beat with a system that effectively protects our penalty box. Do that and the wins will come, we have world class players up front who will always score goals. If we keep trying to play Pochball 6.0 we are fucked, this squad isn’t ready to control matches with our current system. It requires more legs, more intelligence and more enthusiasm than we have right now. When you are losing matches like we are, against all levels of opponent, you have to return to the basics. Stop conceding goals. That should be our only priority.

Wh somother reply. Just a gooner cunt. Shame that Winks is a pretty nice lad so so
So upset reading this, not just because we lost but that a so called'supporter' expects one of our players( one of a very few who actually cares) to go waving and giving away his shirt when he probably felt gutted and embarrassed and just wanted to go down the tunnel. It says a lot about Winksy and his character, a genuine nice bloke, that he felt the need to reply. I'd also like to know what sort of school is he at that lets him spend a day drawing a poster, I thought they go to school to learn stuff. Go buy your own shirt you tight get like everyone else. I wish they'd put a stop to those posters at games

Watch his other reply. Just a gooner cunt. Shame that Winks is a pretty nice lad so he replied...
so upset reading this, not just because we lost but there are so called supporters who expect one of our players( one of a very few who actually care) to go waving and giving away his shirt when he probably felt gutted and embarrassed and just wanted to go home. It says a lot about Winksy and his character that he felt the need to reply. I'd also like to know what sort of school is it that lets him spend a day drawing a poster. I thought they go to school to learn stuff. Go buy your own shirt you tight get, like everyone else does. Put a stop to these ' plea' posters at games.

I think we have by far the best squad of the top 4 chasers. What we aren’t doing is playing a type of football that suits them. We are playing a style that exposes the ageing legs in the team and doesn’t give us any balance when you go from attack to defence.

All we have to do to fix our problems is change the way we play. Focus on being harder to beat with a system that effectively protects our penalty box. Do that and the wins will come, we have world class players up front who will always score goals. If we keep trying to play Pochball 6.0 we are fucked, this squad isn’t ready to control matches with our current system. It requires more legs, more intelligence and more enthusiasm than we have right now. When you are losing matches like we are, against all levels of opponent, you have to return to the basics. Stop conceding goals. That should be our only priority.

It’s a fair point. We are slowly evolving into a counter attacking team, but fully committing to it would suit the squad.....

God knows where we'd be this season without Winks and Lamela.

Both been excellent.

Hear me out on this though - would be great if Winks could develop his game to be ever so slightly more aggressive. He *always* takes the least difficult option. It's forever sideways, recycling the ball. Absolutely nothing wrong with that when you have a variety of attacking options in front of you, but at the moment, we do not. We seem to be so static, and play everything though the middle, that teams just let us play in front of them, without a worry.

Against Olympiakos and, to a lesser extent Leicester, they are happy to give him space and time on the ball, because they know he's not going to punish you.

Hopefully, this is where Ndombele and Lo Celso will help.

Both been excellent.

Hear me out on this though - would be great if Winks could develop his game to be ever so slightly more aggressive. He *always* takes the least difficult option. It's forever sideways, recycling the ball. Absolutely nothing wrong with that when you have a variety of attacking options in front of you, but at the moment, we do not. We seem to be so static, and play everything though the middle, that teams just let us play in front of them, without a worry.

Against Olympiakos and, to a lesser extent Leicester, they are happy to give him space and time on the ball, because they know he's not going to punish you.

Hopefully, this is where Ndombele and Lo Celso will help.
That is literally what Ndombele is there for. He's a great passer. He's just taking time to get up to pace. Don't underestimate Winks' passing range though, he made some crackers yesterday.

When they're both firing, it will be a formidable pairing.

I want Skipp or Dier behind them so they can have the freedom.

That is literally what Ndombele is there for. He's a great passer. He's just taking time to get up to pace. Don't underestimate Winks' passing range though, he made some crackers yesterday.

Spot on.

Winks (Lo Celso) / Skipp (Dier) / Ndombele (Eriksen)
Lucas (Lamela) / Kane (Parrot) / Son (Dele)
....Not rocket science when you think about it.

Dier has either shagged Poch's Mrs or he has had a total meltdown, I cannot understand why he doesn't play, he is the rock between the back 4 and the free flowing front 4

Spot on.

Winks (Lo Celso) / Skipp (Dier) / Ndombele (Eriksen)
Lucas (Lamela) / Kane (Parrot) / Son (Dele)
....Not rocket science when you think about it.
---------------------Lloris---------------------
Aurier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
---------------------Skipp---------------------
-------------Winks-------Ndombele--------
Lamela------------------------------------Son
---------------------Kane-----------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sessegnon, Foyth, Dier, Lo Celso, Lucas, Dele

Others: Eriksen, Wanyama, Sanchez.

How we all see it, yet Poch don't is mental.

Dier has either shagged Poch's Mrs or he has had a total meltdown, I cannot understand why he doesn't play, he is the rock between the back 4 and the free flowing front 4
Yea, it's weird.

That said, I think Skipp has the potential to far exceed him so would rather put faith in him.

Dier's true value is that he can cover RB, CB and DM.

It may be that Dier has wanted out for years. Kyle Walker revealed he's had his heart set on United for a long time.

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Aurier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
---------------------Skipp---------------------
-------------Winks-------Ndombele--------
Lamela------------------------------------Son
---------------------Kane-----------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sessegnon, Foyth, Dier, Lo Celso, Lucas, Dele

Others: Eriksen, Wanyama, Sanchez.

How we all see it, yet Poch don't is mental.

Point is that despite minor tweaks or preferences (Lamela, Davies) we actually have a beautifully balanced squad with sufficient scope for rotation and adaptation to our oppo should we see fit.

....The fact that we've (Poch) been trying to force this diamond upon ourselves for so long is really fucking infuriating.

Back
Top Bottom