Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His outing yesterday was pretty nice. Definitely looks like he can book a place for himself in the team next season.
His crossing looked more dangerous than Trippier's.
He was a willing runner down the line- seemed like he has been watching Kimmich videos the way he exchanged passes with his winger and then continued his runs into space all alone, receiving balls over the top.
All of this bodes very well.

One area he could improve is his strength. He got muscled off the ball quite a few times by Fuchs and the LCFC midfield. He'll also need to be more keen about giving away fouls in bad areas, the first LCFC goal coming off of a free kick given away from him.

Anyways, all in all, it was a very good outing from him. I was pleasantly surprised. Kudos to Poch for giving him the start.

Deserves a bigger role but who do we sacrifice Tripps or Serge ?

I'm glad that I'm not the one who needs to make the decision, but as it stands it would be Aurier. Long term maybe he will come into his own and that idea dead wrong, but Tripps is our starting and more productive RB at the moment.

Definitely needs a Prem loan.

Very important he gets minutes this year.

I'd love it if he could go on loan to BHA and into Houghton's nurturing care.
Houghton might be one of the only other prem managers I would trust not to fuck over a spurs loanee.
Had high hopes for Dyche and N'koudou last year, but that didn't turn out well in the end at all.

I'd love it if he could go on loan to BHA and into Houghton's nurturing care.
Houghton might be one of the only other prem managers I would trust not to fuck over a spurs loanee.
Had high hopes for Dyche and N'koudou last year, but that didn't turn out well in the end at all.
Eddie Howe at B'mouth is still picking some defenders who've come up from Div 3 or 4 (?). That would be a decent loan imo. The guy even managed to get Wheelchair playing some sort of tune.

Fulham and Wolves play decent stuff too.

btw its Hughton!! :sonlol:

Why would we loan out KWP?
Loan out Aurier if we can't find a buyer

In my mind, its because even loaning out a player puts a big dent in their transfer fee- puts question marks over their ability or mentality, and makes taking a loss on them almost inevitable. Just look at how successful Levy's been shopping Vinny on a perm ever since sending him on loan- can't find anybody willing to pay what we paid for him. I agree I'd rather see Aurier on loan than KWP, but I doubt Levy would go for it as long as there is a chance that Aurier could "succeed at spurs" and produce a large profit for the club later on down the line.

Eddie Howe at B'mouth is still picking some defenders who've come up from Div 3 or 4 (?). That would be a decent loan imo. The guy even managed to get Wheelchair playing some sort of tune.

Fulham and Wolves play decent stuff too.

btw its Hughton!! :sonlol:

Thanks for correction- not sure how I missed that twice.

Bournemouth would be nice, but I'd be worried that they are already well stocked with defensive talent. If they are looking for a first team RB for the season though, that would another great place for him to end up.

Puts a different perspective on the Aurier signing which a lot of people (myself included) were very excited about and very keen to see happen (shades of this years transfer window thread about it..)

Given the way it's panned out though, and with hindsight, I'd much rather have had KWP given the game time Aurier had last season, and now we're talking about having to potentially loan him out in order to not harm his development as his path to the first team is blocked by an expensive recent signing, who is arguably not as good as him.

Puts a slightly different perspective on the 'just fucking get someone signed' rants in the transfer window thread. Yes there's possibility a need for one addition in CM, but if we hold onto Dembele and Toby and bring in people for those positions also, are we going to be saying the same about Winks, Foyth, potentially Onomah and others next year?

Puts a different perspective on the Aurier signing which a lot of people (myself included) were very excited about and very keen to see happen (shades of this years transfer window thread about it..)

Given the way it's panned out though, and with hindsight, I'd much rather have had KWP given the game time Aurier had last season, and now we're talking about having to potentially loan him out in order to not harm his development as his path to the first team is blocked by an expensive recent signing, who is arguably not as good as him.

Puts a slightly different perspective on the 'just fucking get someone signed' rants in the transfer window thread. Yes there's possibility a need for one addition in CM, but if we hold onto Dembele and Toby and bring in people for those positions also, are we going to be saying the same about Winks, Foyth, potentially Onomah and others next year?
Was going so good until you mentioned Onomah.

Back
Top Bottom