Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only c*ck that is in fault of your lousy functional reading skills is your fathers, you intelligent marvel :allitongue:

Anyways, clearly the main way for him to get more playing time would have been while going out on loan.
Well, anyways Trippier HAS played in significant amount of our most important games (incl run of Manu-Pool-Woolwich) and HAS NOT let down the team with red cards and gifted penalties.

Which all don't change the fact that you just cannot read properly and see conflicts between things that are not in conflict
There is a clear contradiction in your views.
I haven’t championed any of the players so you don’t need to start trying to sell Trippier to me. He’s my first choice for most games but the fact remains is that he and Aurier are basically par. Both have weaknesses and strengths which equal each other out.
Trippier is not massively superior to Aurier if at all, so that’s where your point first falls flat on its face. Because if KWP can get ahead of Aurier, there is no reason why he shouldn’t also challenge Trippier.

Secondly, again, you have slagged off the club for KWPs lack of game time and said he should play more. Then you have instantly used his lack of experience as a reason why it’s impossible to judge him as a player.

All the while saying he should be ahead of Aurier and Rose. You know exactly what you’ve done, and you’re not very good at the trolling thing. Even arcspace can get a rise out of people, you’re just boring mate to be honest.

There is a clear contradiction in your views.
I haven’t championed any of the players so you don’t need to start trying to sell Trippier to me. He’s my first choice for most games but the fact remains is that he and Aurier are basically par. Both have weaknesses and strengths which equal each other out.
Trippier is not massively superior to Aurier if at all, so that’s where your point first falls flat on its face. Because if KWP can get ahead of Aurier, there is no reason why he shouldn’t also challenge Trippier.

Secondly, again, you have slagged off the club for KWPs lack of game time and said he should play more. Then you have instantly used his lack of experience as a reason why it’s impossible to judge him as a player.

All the while saying he should be ahead of Aurier and Rose. You know exactly what you’ve done, and you’re not very good at the trolling thing. Even arcspace can get a rise out of people, you’re just boring mate to be honest.

OF COURSE. There is absolutely no middle ground between saying that "we seem to halt his progress and he needs playing time" and saying with full conviction that "he is better player then our nr1 pick RB at the current moment". Absolutely none, no gray tones, just bright white and dark black.

Also saying that someone should be played in place of someone else, does not mean it has to be so that it has to happen in every single game (meaning for example that playing KWP instead of Aurier does not mean that Aurier should get 0 playing time since that moment on; it might also mean using KWP in domestic cups instead of Aurier/Rose). I agree that there is not super huge difference between Trippier and Aurier (I even pointed out both of their shortcomings and strenghts the way I see them), and if you read really closely, I am not saying with convinced tone that he would be better player than Aurier either. We just have not seen him enough to say that. But given the recklessness of Aurier I just feel that if we could test KWP bit more and give Aurier some time to think over his decisions we might get to know something new. Playing someone instead of something else - I say once more - does not mean that someone else should be dropped indefinately. Ah... but yea sure. Stay on the pages of black and white "colouring book", hope the lines there are really straight to follow :) .

Spurs fans in judging player in first season in English football shocker.

Serge Aurier. The new Son Heung-min, Erik Lamela, Harry Kane...

When will you people learn?!

I mean, Poch hasn't proven to vastly improve full backs over time or anything.

:pocheyes:

There's plenty of people on the internet who wouldn't dare talk to others the way they do on forums etc.

I tried having a discussion at around midnight down the pub with some Spurs guys, dressed only in my underpants, but it didn't end well. I think the Interweb is just great. btw my uniform of choice for electronic battles is Lilywhite Y-fronts. (well OK, just off-white).

Good news!

If he's not been sent out on loan to a Premier League club next season, I hope he's given re-assurance on getting more game time.

Our secret weapon.

We've been hiding him all season but here he is. Two Premier League starts to his name, two assists, one man of the match performance.

Provided brilliant width at times and not afraid to get forward. What I liked most was how comfortable he was on the ball. Excellent delivery at times too.

Would be absolutely amazed if he isn't one of our two choice right backs next season. Him as a right wing back in a settled defence with a solid central midfield and he'll be a stand out highlight to next season in our new stadium.

Not inclined to brain farts as Aurier is, and faster than Tripper in going forward. Showed confidence today and the first game of the season, and today showed his passing, link up play with other players and creating chances (2 assists), so its all getting there

Surely one of the RB's next season - but which of Aurier or Trippier goes. ?

Not inclined to brain farts as Aurier is, and faster than Tripper in going forward. Showed confidence today and the first game of the season, and today showed his passing, link up play with other players and creating chances (2 assists), so its all getting there

Surely one of the RB's next season - but which of Aurier or Trippier goes. ?

Based on what probably allows us to keep the same style when resting one of them. We would keep Aurier.

Considering he cost us £20,000,000+ and didn't get a pre-season under his belt as well a real proper run in the team, it'd be worth keeping him too.

Bar the opening 10 mins, he was definitely MoM. It will be interesting to see how next season goes at RB. Aurier will have a full pre-season and KWP shows that he can compete when needed. There could be worse problems than having 3 quality choices at RB who all offer very different things.

Also I think if we sell Rose then we don’t need to sign a new LB. Aurier and KWP can both play that position.

Gotta replace one of Aurier or Trippier next season. I'd sell Trippier personally. No real room for improvement in him, will fetch decent money from an Everton level club. Aurier can get better as can KWP in the defensive aspect, but he's shown he's fundamentally a technically accomplished footballer who can match Trippier's attacking contributions and could develop into a player who isn't arse raped by Sane every year.

Hope while breaking him in further its as WB rather than a standard FB role.... Would buy him a little time to adapt the defensive side of his game at this level...

Keep up the hard work, lad... The future is bright.

Him and Sessegnon as attacking wing backs would certainly be an exciting future. Ease the defensive responsibilities of both of them by fielding players who can cover for them when they do attack.

Was he officially given the MOTM today?

Looked good going forward and unlike Trippier can beat a man. However has to take some blame for a defence leaking 4 goals. Wing back but jury still out as to whether he can hold his own in back 4 against a good team.

Back
Top Bottom