Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New contract extending a further two years til 2023.

Hopefully a sign he'll see more minutes this season I don't see why we'd raise his wages and tie him down after only giving him a new contract 7 months ago

Has to mean he will get some opportunities.

Wonder if it signals that a player will either be out long term (Serge or Tripp) or if there is a exit underway (either on the right or on the left and he starts sharing that spot with Ben)

hope he gets a run of games soon and show us what he can do. would love the next 2 first teamers to come out of our academy to be him and skipp with troy following not too far behind

Yeah, I saw that too.

Imagine wanting our youngsters (who are HAPPY to be here) to leave. He's 21 years old.

I notice that Wan-Bissaka always seems to get brought up in conversations with KWP - yet it's never mentioned that Wan-Bissaka got his chance because they had NO right backs to play, not that he was actually better than them (though it's probably clear he is now). KWP played more games than Wan-Bissaka did last season by the way. I mean it isn't out of the realms of possibility that Wan-Bissaka is just a better player either, though I am sure biased youth nut huggers would disagree.

It seems like the fans are the only people who seem to care about all of this. Notice that KWP has never come out and moaned about a lack of game time. He's never come out and said he wants a loan to get some first team football. No sly digs or indirects at the club on social media. Just gets his head down, trains and loves the club. Probably told that his time will come by Pochettino and why shouldn't he believe him?

It's not his fault he has two international footballers ahead of him in the pecking order but he is 21 years old (Same age as Wan-Bissaka by the way), he's a baby. Some people have really had their judgement clouded by a few MOTM awards that were given to him by commentators. He wasn't even that good against Newcastle. Lucky not to give away a penalty. Run ragged by Atsu (who I haven't even seen play a game of football since) and put in a few poor crosses. And then against Leicester, where he was at fault for one of the goals, set up two of the easiest goals you'll ever see and that's an excuse to see more of him. Leave it out. He's had a relatively good amount of football for a youngster with zero experience at the top level, at a top club with two better full backs ahead of him.

If he's good enough and he works hard. He'll get game time. I don't see the issue. LIke I said, he's never moaned or threatened to leave if he doesn't get game time. Kane and Winks were both 21 years old when they started getting real game time after years of hard work. KWP is getting to that stage. Not everyone can break though at fucking 16 like Wayne Rooney and the way people are going on, you'd think he was coming up to 24 years old, had a run of poor loans, injury problems and a career trajectory of Ryan Mason.

The fact Poch is even joking about starting him against Barcelona show's he's pretty highly rated.

Last edited:

5 year contract extension is only given to established first team players - youngsters usually only get 1 year or 3 year contracts.

So this is a big statement from Spurs.

I can't imagine, Spurs won't give him more game time (although tonight in Barcelona would be a big ask for any young professional to perform in), but I do hope its more than the 10 appearances in 3 seasons that he's played whilst being on the fringes of the first team, as at age 21 this is when we'd hope he'd really kick on.

5 year contract extension is only given to established first team players - youngsters usually only get 1 year or 3 year contracts.

So this is a big statement from Spurs.

I can't imagine, Spurs won't give him more game time (although tonight in Barcelona would be a big ask for any young professional to perform in), but I do hope its more than the 10 appearances in 3 seasons that he's played whilst being on the fringes of the first team, as at age 21 this is when we'd hope he'd really kick on.

I'd only start getting worried about KWP's development if he reaches the ages of 24 and 25 and is still not getting proper game-time.

But that won't happen. So I have zero worries. He's a good player. Doubt he'll ever be elite or Englands number one right back but he'll either save us a bit of money by providing us great depth, happy to be in the squad and being our own or he'll make us a bit of money for not being good enough.

Back
Top Bottom