Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still need to sign a good and solid right-back. It's no good selling an average right-back and start another one next season (whether that be Aurier, KWP or Foyth, God forbid), we need to improve.

Signing Ndombele was obviously a brilliant move.
IMO Aurier is better than Tripps - He's NOT the answer and I have concerns over his injury record (but I also shared concerns with Toby's fitness and that ended up being unfounded) I am also hugely excited to see what KWP can do, I also think he's a better player with the ball at his feet than Tripps, but clearly he needs to grow in confidence and physically (get up and down the pitch for 90mins) if both of these two are fit and available I'm not fussed at all. I do not shit myself when I see either of them in the starting line up. I did when Tripps was there and unfortunately, my fears were realised more often than not.

We can upgrade Aurier without a doubt but I'd be more fearful of this if we did it this window as maybe it would mean bringing in too many players (I'm guessing as I've no idea what/who/why we are bringing in but appear to be linked to a few) as that may prove hard to integrate them, especially as preseason starts literally in a handful of days. Perhaps using this entire season to get KWP up to speed and then look for a better-suited RB (and maybe LB if Rose is going) for next window???

Does it?

Nah not really.

What will be funny is to see all the people like you shitting all over Aurier though
I've NEVER shitted on any Spurs player. I've called Tripps out for what he is, SHIT. And for the small handful of games he played well in I was first to make sure I recognised that performance, it's all in his thread.

Please try to separate some of the jokes and some of the serious. I've been as analytical as I can about Tripps, not just rants about him kicking the ball in our own net. I've spent time explaining why I think he doesn't work in this team, what issues he causes us etc.. And now I don't have to because he's being sold. I am very happy about this as I thought it was a serious issue for us (just as CM was).

General opinion is that he'd have gone for a lot more in the EPL being HG and all.

....Guess that's the price you pay for punting him abroad if it's not to one of the behemoths.

I get where you're coming from, but still, when you see some of the crazy prices being punted around for players of similar status (£80m/£90m for Maguire) this seems quite a disparity to me.

I get where you're coming from, but still, when you see some of the crazy prices being punted around for players of similar status (£80m/£90m for Maguire) this seems quite a disparity to me.

Maguire is an inter-EPL trf from a club that doesn't want to sell to a desperate cheque-book club... Entirely in fitting with what I just said.

Trippier is also 30.

Maguire is an inter-EPL trf from a club that doesn't want to sell to a desperate cheque-book club... Entirely in fitting with what I just said.

Trippier is also 30.

But a potential difference of £68m between two England Internationals! And this is Levy the hard bargainer we're talking about.

I dunno mate, it just sounds like pocket change in todays market.

He's 28 with three years left on his contract.

But a potential difference of £68m between two England Internationals! And this is Levy the hard bargainer we're talking about.

(Thought he was a year or so older... My bad.)

Why not compare him to AWB instead (same position and all that)... Or Walker?

Both went to EPL chequebook clubs off the back of good/great form for 50m (inc. "we don't want to sell" premium)....

In the simplest of terms, I get what you're saying, but KT had just had a dodgy season and was actively offered up for sale by us.... The devil (factors) are there in the detail.

Would you prefer to have sold him to (eg) The Chavs or Arse for, say, £40m and risked him improving them?

(Thought he was a year or so older... My bad.)

Why not compare him to AWB instead (same position and all that)... Or Walker?

Both went to EPL chequebook clubs off the back of good/great form for 50m (inc. "we don't want to sell" premium)....

In the simplest of terms, I get what you're saying, but KT had just had a dodgy season and was actively offered up for sale by us.... The devil (factors) are there in the detail.

Would you prefer to have sold him to (eg) The Chavs or Arse for, say, £40m and risked him improving them?

No I wouldn't want him sold to a rival for more cash, but I would expect at least £30m if sold abroad. He had a great world cup last year and was highly regarded at that point - one poor season couldn't have slashed his value so significantly, surely?

Seems we were just keen to offload him ASAP and weren't prepared to turn the screws to get as much money as possible regardless of who we're selling to, which is why I don't think it's a particularly shrewd levy deal.

Where can he go in the PL for big English money? ManU? Man City? Chelsea? Liverpool?

No I wouldn't want him sold to a rival for more cash, but I would expect at least £30m if sold abroad. He had a great world cup last year and was highly regarded at that point - one poor season couldn't have slashed his value so significantly, surely?

Seems we were just keen to offload him ASAP and weren't prepared to turn the screws to get as much money as possible regardless of who we're selling to, which is why I don't think it's a particularly shrewd levy deal.

Flip that from AM's perspective for a moment.....

"One season wonder"?

"Don't buy players based on one hot international tournament"?

Maybe he's considered dubious, fitness-wise, following his 2 injuries in the last 1 2months or so?

You said so yourself, we were seemingly eager to sell... A player being up for sale vs a club not wanting to sell makes a significant difference in such a market.

We had four years service and made a profit.... Not to be sniffed at.

Atlético is a great club at the moment, managed by a brilliant coach and Madrid a incredible sunny city to live, and surely he gets better wages. And after we all have to admit that trippier leaving is the best to everyone. Too much baggage of bad games this season and the fans would give him loads of slack. Like I admit I did this season. But all the best sincerely

Hope he settles and does well. Provided great service to us over his time and deserves a good move.

As for nobody being in for him? Pretty much sure I saw him linked with Juventus, Napoli, Bayern and now AM. Or are we choosing not to believe these stories?

Back
Top Bottom