Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

21m wtf? that barely gets you a championship player these days let alone an established EPL and international FB. Only 28 and plenty of time on his current deal.

terrible deal, and I hope there's a point to this that we haven't yet been made aware of.

Are you asking if he's good enough for those teams or if they need/want him?

I just took it to mean, who'd sign him bearing in mind who said teams already have.

City are stacked.
Utd just paid 50m for AWB as part of their "we won it with kids once before" drive.
Chavs have captain Azpiliqueta (sp?)
Dippers have current RB darling TAA.
Arse are broke (and seem to love the, ahem, 'model' they already have)

...Who'd pay big EPL dosh for him....?

...Even broader?

Bayen, PSG, Juve, RM Barca....? That's a notch above, arguably.

Last edited:
21m wtf? that barely gets you a championship player these days let alone an established EPL and international FB. Only 28 and plenty of time on his current deal.

terrible deal, and I hope there's a point to this that we haven't yet been made aware of.

Done this at great length over the last page or so.... Check it oot!

I really liked the guy. So sad how he turned pants after leaving

His run alongside Jan was solid as fuck.... Some players just need consistent game-time otherwise it soon falls apart.

Bit like Dav, the way he was dropped (both for Toby!), it wouldn't be surprising if it wrecked their confidence.

You could argue Davies was another one....

Last edited:
Good on trippier for getting this move . His first season with us he was very good . He had a great World Cup . Sadly last season he was awful , that’s by his own admission too. But so we’re a few other players .

He is a very good crosser of the ball, and I think the slower pace will suit him . 25 mill is cheap in the current climate .

Good on yer Kieran , and good luck !

Are you asking if he's good enough for those teams or if they need/want him?

I'm questioning where we could get more than the 21 mill on offer from AMadrid. You made the comment that Levy is selling him on the cheap but I don't see where else we can get more.

well, he's a championship level player after all. Don't think he has any business playing for a top half Premier League team. Woeful season.

well, he's a championship level player after all. Don't think he has any business playing for a top half Premier League team. Woeful season.
i'm not sure if you're being serious or parodying other members.

regardless, is he top 4 quality? dunno. Defensively we were shambles as a team last year. The year before we were good, and unsurprisingly, Trippier also looked decent. Thats why i'm reluctant to write him off like some, and why £21m i shit business.

that said, its interesting that all offers are from abroad and none from clubs who play against him or watch him week in week out.

Also strange that its A Madrid, a team renowned for extremely defensive football. i can only assume they have the same scout that found George Weah's cousin.

Trying to be optimistic here - maybe Poch has seen enough in Foyth to believe he can play there and they want the £21m quickly to get another deal over the line asap.

regardless, is he top 4 quality? dunno. Defensively we were shambles as a team last year. The year before we were good, and unsurprisingly, Trippier also looked decent. Thats why i'm reluctant to write him off like some, and why £21m i shit business.

that said, its interesting that all offers are from abroad and none from clubs who play against him or watch him week in week out.

Also strange that its A Madrid, a team renowned for extremely defensive football. i can only assume they have the same scout that found George Weah's cousin.

Trying to be optimistic here - maybe Poch has seen enough in Foyth to believe he can play there and they want the £21m quickly to get another deal over the line asap.

Who knows, he might end up playing in midfield for them. The good old defensive winger approach.

I'm dead fucking serious. He was by far the most consistently poor performer in our squad last season, and he's been at best a hit or miss player in his time with us. When has Trippier ever had an extended run of good form, much less a good season? He never has, at best a smattering here or there between other poor performances.

Last edited:
I'm dead fucking serious. He was by far the most consistently poor performer in our squad last season, and he's been at beast a hit or miss player in his time with us. When has Trippier ever had an extended run of good form, much less a good season? He never has, at best a smattering here or there between other poor performances.
he played 35 times 17-18, pretty much the same number of games as last year. he was definitely up to an acceptable standard that season, but then the whole team played well. last year he wasn't good, but then the whole team defended like mugs. no one gets a pass on that. I always classed him as a top class backup and reasonable starter. I don't mind him, but yes i also want better. I have no issues in selling him, but £21m is not a good deal in a time where Tyrone Mings costs £25m ffs.

Back
Top Bottom