Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he's ever had a BAD game for us. He's had his moments, but he's young and adapting to a new country in a hard position, not to mention that he's been given game time against teams that are always likely to give him a hard time (Lower league brute clubs)

Definitely seems streets ahead of CCV and I'd rather he played centre half then Dier. He was arguably MOTM today in what was a poor performance all round

I really like him but thought his first half was a bit hit and miss. 2nd half don't recall him putting a foot wrong. Both him and Jan striding out of defence with the ball at their feet I could watch that all day.

As for his first half I'll cut him some slack because he was playing next to Frodo, poor unfortunate bastard. Frodo doesn't want the ball when Foyth was on it, not showing for it or creating good enough angles. Plus when Frodo's on the ball and put under pressure the oppo are straight through, Frodo keeps him busy that's for sure.

Certainly has the footballing ability but will get bullied by big centre forwards until he bulks out a bit. Plenty of time for that though, should be a very good player for us in a few years time.

Certainly has the footballing ability but will get bullied by big centre forwards until he bulks out a bit. Plenty of time for that though, should be a very good player for us in a few years time.

What are you basing that on? He absolutely bullied Andy Carroll in the League Cup.

I like this lad too. Looks very composed. However, he just doesn't look like a CB for me. He seems a bit frail and not robust enough...but time will tell.

My thoughts as well.

I like his ball playing skills but I don’t have any confidence in him winning a header.

Yeah definitely our MOTM against Newport, our future looks bright@ the back with him and Sanchez

Apparently he's 6'2" (actually, all of our CB's are 6'2"), so I think he'll be fine in the air. Definitely skinny for a CB, but he's only 19. I was one of those who was hoping we would sign him so I'm glad he passed and tackled well yesterday. Also, is he two-footed? I thought he was right footed, but noticed yesterday that he took a shot with his left, so he must have decent confidence with his weak foot.

What are you basing that on? He absolutely bullied Andy Carroll in the League Cup.

Based on my eyes mostly - you can't look at him at the moment and think he is physically developed enough to start prem league games against physical front men. Carroll is slow and lazy so it's no surprise he had things his way on the day. Not slating the kid but he has a lot of work to do physically if he wants to be a premier league starting centre back, which he can certainly achieve.

Looked very good against a physical side tonight
Every time he's played I think he's taken a smack in the face, same tonight. He's stood up well, as understandably the CF chooses to stand on him rather than Verts or Toby. The only time he has looked suspicious is when playing alongside Sanchez but with experienced CB/FB's arround he look cool calm on the ball. He's a mixture of Vertonghen (stepping up with ball at feet) and Toby (good 1 v 1), only week area I'd say it's in the air, he doesn't jump that high and has a tendency to head up in the air rather than away. Very pleased with him, baller.

Back
Top Bottom