Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I will get disagrees but he worries me when as last man he decides to beat his man. Get it wrong and we lose an easy goal. We give far too many easy goals away. Much better to cut it out and turn around and pass back to GK as Toby tends to do. Just because he is good enough to play his way out of a situation does not make it right. Play it safe.

I know I will get disagrees but he worries me when as last man he decides to beat his man. Get it wrong and we lose an easy goal. We give far too many easy goals away. Much better to cut it out and turn around and pass back to GK as Toby tends to do. Just because he is good enough to play his way out of a situation does not make it right. Play it safe.
He's young. He'll learn as he gains experience.

Granted I tend to have my heart halway out my mouth whenever we pass back to Hugo :hugoshock:

Disagree, when a CB passes out from the back it's about the options available to him, these are made by his team mates making angles to receive the ball from him, Tripps isn't great at this and he's even worse at making a first time ball back into right-side channel of midfield (the triangle created to beat an oppo press), he takes too many touches and turns back more often than not, meaning the ball comes back to Foyth but with more pressure from oppo AM's as they smell blood. Look at Vertonghen he more often than not does what Foyth does, beats the oppo by knocking the ball to the side of or past the pressing oppo player, once this is done "we" are in a far, far, far better place than just going back to the keeper and building again, especially as at this point the oppo press is at it's most aggressive and probably results in the keeper conceding possession anyway.

Not all CB's are capable of doing this, we have two, Vertonghen and Foyth, this is very exciting and will create many chances for us. Alderweireld's strengths are elsewhere, he's easily one of the best CB's 1v1 and can provide the best cover should either Vertonghen get tackled, which they will be a handful of times over the corse of a full season.

Yeah I thought he had a good game, can certainly play out from the back. Agree with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 if your team mates aren't moving into space or creating angles you can't play the pass, you also can't consistently play the ball back to the goal keeper because the opposition will wise up and press as soon as you turn. With Vorm in goal and on that pitch yesterday I would rather the ball didn't go back very often.

Towards the end of the game he seemed to think he was a CM ha-ha, was picking the ball up at the half way line and beating a couple of players going forward.

Long term it is exciting to have him and Sanchez.

Starting to like the look of this kid. He will need to bulk up a bit but he clearly has ability. He's very Jan like on the ball.

A prem/championship loan would be good for his development I think.

He impresses on every outing. So composed with the ball and almost never panics. Seems to be getting stronger as well as he was shrugging off a few challenges today. Still a bit raw and sloppy at times but that’s expected with his age. Very very promising player

Didn't think he impressed last night to be honest, thought he was one of the poorer players. Bet it was a difficult game to play in though especially for players who haven't played much this season.
Definitely got the potential as previous said.

Didn't think he impressed last night to be honest, thought he was one of the poorer players. Bet it was a difficult game to play in though especially for players who haven't played much this season.
Definitely got the potential as previous said.
He was sound last night considering the conditions and the fact that he did not have any of his mentors, SuperJan or Toby alongside him.

Great feet and decent positioning. With a bit of growth he could be an absolute beast of a player.

images

Back
Top Bottom