Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch loves bielsa and they may think game time under a similar manager is more impotant thatn being 4th when we are playing a back 4.
Agree... he'll get to play Poch's system... under the guy who taught him everything he knows!
AND in the pressure cooker atmosphere that Elland Road will provide.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our youngsters going to Leeds on loan now Bielsa' s there!

Foyth MIGHT wanna lock his bedroom door at night though. You know what Bielsa is like...
3 a.m is squeezy thigh time! :pochshock2:

Agree... he'll get to play Poch's system... under the guy who taught him everything he knows!
AND in the pressure cooker atmosphere that Elland Road will provide.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of our youngsters going to Leeds on loan now Bielsa' s there!

Foyth MIGHT wanna lock his bedroom door at night though. You know what Bielsa is like...
3 a.m is squeezy thigh time! :pochshock2:

Foyth should 100% stay with us this year. He's still only 20 and come next season he'll be guaranteed to be on the bench if he continues to progress and could quite possibly be pushing for a slow integration into the first XI with Jan being 32.

I'm much rather him train with the intensity of Premier League quality and play cup games for us now and then than have him compete for a year in the Championship where he really won't get a lot of experience playing against players a notch below. I'd like to see Juan stay

I'd like to see Foyth go out on loan somewhere he can be first on the team-sheet. Somewhere he can start at least 1 game a week for the rest of the season. He needs to play in competitive situations with something on the line on a regular basis. He needs to get more familiar with the physical grind of a long season. Will serve him well in the long run.

Half a season would be fine, but it is likely the only clubs that will want to do that are ones that would want him for the whole season.

I love the idea of turning him over to Biesla for at least half a season. The championship is good enough to offer Juan a chance to develop his skills and prove that he is ready for the next level in the prem. Being 20 years old he has plenty of time to prove himself in this manner and will still have time to develop his skills further with prem seasons at age 21-22. Let's keep in mind that most CB talent doesn't even make it to the prem until they are 21 or 22 anyways.

My biggest worry with Foyth is that he doesn't get any games (like last year) and has his development and interest in the game stunted permanently. We need to be getting him more playing time ASAP.

I can see where you're coming from but I hope he'll get a fair bit of game time with us in the cups this season.

Looks like a very decent player in the making to me , and maybe he could actually be used to help out in our DM injury woes ?
He’s more than decent. Hence a full season of tough football under a similar manager could be beneficial to all sides involved (us, the Yorkshire Nazis, him)

He’s more than decent. Hence a full season of tough football under a similar manager could be beneficial to all sides involved (us, the Yorkshire Nazis, him)

I want Foyth pushing for the first team this year. He knows the club, has had a year to understand the pace of things and I think a loan could set him back. Such a shame he didn't get a proper preseason under his belt with so many arriving back late

I want Foyth pushing for the first team this year. He knows the club, has had a year to understand the pace of things and I think a loan could set him back. Such a shame he didn't get a proper preseason under his belt with so many arriving back late

With Toby still here (and presumably set to get game time), I can't see how we can offer Foyth meaningful minutes in the first team.

Foyth should 100% stay with us this year. He's still only 20 and come next season he'll be guaranteed to be on the bench if he continues to progress and could quite possibly be pushing for a slow integration into the first XI with Jan being 32.

I'm much rather him train with the intensity of Premier League quality and play cup games for us now and then than have him compete for a year in the Championship where he really won't get a lot of experience playing against players a notch below. I'd like to see Juan stay
I reckon a loan until Jan will be best for all parties... IF Toby leaves in the January transfer window, then we'll get Foyth back (with 5 months 1st team 'Bielsa' experience under his belt, lest we forget) but IF by some miracle of ANTI-SSN Toby decides to STAY... then we get ourselves Toby Alderweireld for the season... PLUS a season hardened pro in Foyth in the Summer... (once Toby finally leaves for Real Manutdrid!)

Does anyone know if loans with the ability to recall are still a thing? If so I think a loan to Leeds could be a nice little thing for Juan as it wouldn't hinder our squad depth should Toby be hanging around for another year

I imagine it's a possibility - though with CCV likely to go out on loan, I think Foyth being fourth choice would be more beneficial. Alot of games this season and 3 at the back helps him more and doesn't provide as much pressure.

Does anyone know if loans with the ability to recall are still a thing? If so I think a loan to Leeds could be a nice little thing for Juan as it wouldn't hinder our squad depth should Toby be hanging around for another year
City just re-called a goalkeeper they have out on loan since Bravo tore his Achilles so it definitely seems doable

Back
Top Bottom