Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez, Dier and Vertonghen is a fine back three.

The problem was Dembele/Sissoko didn't work.
Which means that we need Dier in the middle whilst Wanyama is out to steady the ship in front of the defence. I see no harm in blooding Foyth in the next couple of games & pushing Eric into midfield. Poch isn’t scared of playing the young & inexperienced so let’s just get the kid on the pitch & see what he’s made of.

Which means that we need Dier in the middle whilst Wanyama is out to steady the ship in front of the defence. I see no harm in blooding Foyth in the next couple of games & pushing Eric into midfield. Poch isn’t scared of playing the young & inexperienced so let’s just get the kid on the pitch & see what he’s made of.

Id much rather just see Dele where he is best (Central Midfield) and Winks in front of the back four in all honesty.

Our best line up for me is 3 at the back with Winks, Dele and Eriksen in the centre. Son and Kane up top.

When Wanyama is back, then Wanyama, Winks and Dele with Eriksen and Kane furthest forward.

No problem with Foyth playing. But I don't want him playing just so Dier is pushed into central midfield at the expense of better forward thinking players.

For me the best potential midfield combo is Waynama and Winks, Waynama for his brilliant DM skills and Winks because he is a proper passer. That would be a very balanced pairing.

Winks today was perhaps not 100% so I can understand him being on the bench and due to injury Dier was moved to CB.

Neither Dembele nor Sissoko are DM’s like Waynama or Dier and therefore against it has to be said an Woolwich team playing well ain’t equipped.

I agree with the premise of the thread but I don’t know how much trust Poch has for Foyth yet. If not then go 4231 with Sanchez and Verts at the back and Dier in midfield with Dembele pushing Sissoko further forward.

from Tuesday we have 12 matches in 43 days and Toby is expected to be out for all of them! With the squad needing careful management I expect Foyth to get pitch time, maybe on Tuesday or on Saturday against WBA.

think the loss of Dyer in midfield (played in back 3 yesterday) cost us that extra defensive shield
I think Poch will have to play Forth in back 3 to release Dyer into midfield,
Davies could play there but that means Rose must play LWB, we can't have Trippier there as he always plays it back & safe when on his wrong side

For me the best potential midfield combo is Waynama and Winks, Waynama for his brilliant DM skills and Winks because he is a proper passer. That would be a very balanced pairing.

Winks today was perhaps not 100% so I can understand him being on the bench and due to injury Dier was moved to CB.

Neither Dembele nor Sissoko are DM’s like Waynama or Dier and therefore against it has to be said an Woolwich team playing well ain’t equipped.

I agree with the premise of the thread but I don’t know how much trust Poch has for Foyth yet. If not then go 4231 with Sanchez and Verts at the back and Dier in midfield with Dembele pushing Sissoko further forward.

We are slightly falling into the Tom Cleverly trap where players get better and better the less they play.

Like what ive seen of him so far...

Better to blood Foyth against 1-dimensional fwds a la Stoke & Brighton than against the likes of Aguero & Jesus.

Hope to see him in the mix during the December mayhem....

In all honesty, would love to see him start games. Why not?

If we're struggling, just drop Dier into a back three.

Foyth has shown he's physically able when he bullied Andy Carroll in the League Cup.

Back
Top Bottom