Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can I just say I thought this young man was quality last night. I was at the other end of the stadium so I've no idea if any blame can be attributed to him for any of the goals but I think he won every single challenge last night! Looked really comfortable on the ball. Not bad for a kid in only his 9th professional game ever!

Last edited:
Can I just say I thought this young man was quality last night. I was at the other end of the stadium so I've no idea if any blame can be attributed to him for any of the goals but I think he one every single challenge last night! Looked really comfortable on the ball. Not bad for a kid in only his 9th professional game ever!
I was also at the game and I watched him boss around Andy Carroll multiple times.

I was also at the game and I watched him boss around Andy Carroll multiple times.
It's a hard one because I thought Carroll was dogshit, one of the worst individual performances I think I have ever seen from a professional footballer. I didn't bring up his name in my post because I thought it might have attributed to making Foyth's performance look better than it was lol. But I guess as the saying goes you can only beat what's in front on you.

The narrative before the game was one of Carroll will beast Foyth, it's fair to say that it was the other way around, even in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Can I just say I thought this young man was quality last night. I was at the other end of the stadium so I've no idea if any blame can be attributed to him for any of the goals but I think he won every single challenge last night! Looked really comfortable on the ball. Not bad for a kid in only his 9th professional game ever!
He's class that boy I was at the end they scored their goals, maybe the second, did it come off his head? But thats picking holes in what was an excellent performance

Toby and Jan's heirs are sorted. CCV will be a suitable option too. With KWP our defence is looking very promising for years to come. Which is the true sign of longevity.
It's amazing to think that CCV looks a 'bit shit' out of our new additions. I felt dirty saying that as I don't think there is a bigger fan than me, maybe apart from his Mum & Dad, of him. That said Im judging him on a couple of very poor games when he came into the first team, I need to watch him in action at Shefield, where I'm hearing he is playing well to regain my own confidence of him.

But certainly agree. Poch's priority has always been to get the defence sorted.

Toby and Jan's heirs are sorted. CCV will be a suitable option too. With KWP our defence is looking very promising for years to come. Which is the true sign of longevity.
The problem is who will play on the left in the 3back. Foyth is the heir to Toby on the right and I think Sanchez will be the center sweeper of the trio for as long as possible.

I guess Davies could morph into a LCB in the future if we find a good enough left back. Ben is only 23-24 so he has years ahead of him

I will reserve judgement for foyth, as it was the first time I'd seen him play, personally I wasn't that impressed. He did well against Carroll, which surprised me, but there were other parts of his game I wasn't so impressed with.

Either way, still early days for a very young player. Will probably be proven wrong.

It's amazing to think that CCV looks a 'bit shit' out of our new additions. I felt dirty saying that as I don't think there is a bigger fan than me, maybe apart from his Mum & Dad, of him. That said Im judging him on a couple of very poor games when he came into the first team, I need to watch him in action at Shefield, where I'm hearing he is playing well to regain my own confidence of him.

But certainly agree. Poch's priority has always been to get the defence sorted.

Always thought CCV was a bit shit

Always thought CCV was a bit shit
I've seen him play many games for our academy. More often than not he was the MoTM or best player on the park however you want to call it. Great leader and excelled in all assets of a modern day CB, aggressive too. For context I'd say from that "class" him and Onomah were best, followed by Winks, Walker-Peters and I was a massive fan of Velovic. Again for context I liked Caulker and think the two of them were fairly similar.

Foyth just looks better, more accomplished, skilful and more comfortable with the ball at his feet, silky. I am aware that I've only seen him play twice, but........

I've seen him play many games for our academy. More often than not he was the MoTM or best player on the park however you want to call it. Great leader and excelled in all assets of a modern day CB, aggressive too. For context I'd say from that "class" him and Onomah were best, followed by Winks, Walker-Peters and I was a massive fan of Velovic. Again for context I liked Caulker and think the two of them were fairly similar.

Foyth just looks better, more accomplished, skilful and more comfortable with the ball at his feet, silky. I am aware that I've only seen him play twice, but........

I remember seeing Leigh Mills at Spurs Lodge and he looked the business.

Does he even play professionally anymore?

That makes me sad. I remember the chat about the guy. Never saw him tho.
Makes me wonder how many youth players got binned in the pre-Poch era that would have been given a chance under him.
I thought Butcher and Caulker were going to be the future of our defence. Shame what's happened to Caulker, you have to wonder if he could have been kept in check by a manager like Poch. Still, at least he's realised what a dick he's been and trying to sort his career out.

I thought Butcher and Caulker were going to be the future of our defence. Shame what's happened to Caulker, you have to wonder if he could have been kept in check by a manager like Poch. Still, at least he's realised what a dick he's been and trying to sort his career out.

Phil Ifil too. Started and looked good at 17 year old against Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom