Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funnily enough, I HAD heard of him before the links but literally weeks earlier. Stumbled across him playing for Argentina U20 against England U20 during the U20 World Cup (When England won it) as was watching for Onomah and he was very assured.

He is the sort of signing I really like the club making though. Those out of the blue youth signings where no one REALLY knows how good he could be but someone somewhere has seen this guy and thought "he has something" and my god they're looking correct.

What a talent.

Just found this on YouTube in fact. I wonder if we happened to scout him from the U20 World Cup (considering we had a few players at the tournament)

That was the first vid I watched of his following the links. I follow a few Argie journos and there was one excellent right up that used that game too, I think I posted it in here at the time.

Seriously, people harp on about de Ligt but it's pointless going out and splashing £50,000,000 on him when we have Foyth. Not saying he is on the same level but he has a very high ceiling himself and he is ours!

I don't see how we have a £50m hole at CB, that's for sure....

At that kind of price (likely rising if he's continues to perform this year) we would need to be hell-bent on 3CBs and pretty much resign ourselves to waving goodby to Jan (as well as Toby) in the same window.... "A bird in the hand" as they say .... We are beautifully set to transition on from the Belgian lads whether they decide to leave or simply wind down here as vets.

I agree about your other point of loving these kinds of signings though... Many of us hanker for the BVB/Monaco/etc. kind of success with mining young players, but what often get's missed is that we have a slightly different tact where we're striving to keep X player rather than indulging more of a 'production line' mentality where they're as good as sold by the time they blossom.

As per the rumblings of discontent from Foyth's camp... It's obviously a very tough balancing act for both Poch (man management) & Levy (competitively pacifying, yet not oily, wages). Yet it's so gratifying when players like Foyth & Dav put faith in us and we prove them right and as we've learned previously, buying names 'off the peg' is no more a surefire hit anyway (coming with inevitable expensive busts).

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 makes a fair point above... I'm guilty of doubting our scouting protocol at times, but when you look at Dele, Dier, Foyth + Moura (of a different profile granted) they represent ridiculous value.

Scouting + Academy + Proper Coaching > Oil money/national backing/royal backing.

On the whole this shit works for us, I dunno why so many crave an alternative...

Last edited:
I agree with people saying they could see him sliding into DM and I wander if Poch didn't also see him as a long term replacement for Dier should he choose I leave.

With a real lack of options in midfield perhaps letting Foyth continue even in the big games for a while and switching to a back 3 might be the best for his devolpment as well as our short term problems.

I love most of our players but for whatever injuries and fatigues they're just not in point. Would it be that bad to drop a , returning from injury, dier or wanyama with this option.

Meh anyway will do as another 3 points after what looked like a horribly cold night at selhurst.
I Do love that stadium I grew up messing about with a joint programme with Leyton Orient and Wimbledon and we regularly got free or cheap tickets to the home games. Have to admit I was a kinda two person team at the time when I was younger I bought a Wimbledon shirt with Ekoku" on the back him and Chris Perry night have been my favourite players. Bunny jones was a proper gentleman always talked to the people when he had time haha

Anyway hope everyone got home safe and managed in the cold :)

I agree with people saying they could see him sliding into DM and I wander if Poch didn't also see him as a long term replacement for Dier should he choose I leave.

With a real lack of options in midfield perhaps letting Foyth continue even in the big games for a while and switching to a back 3 might be the best for his devolpment as well as our short term problems.

I love most of our players but for whatever injuries and fatigues they're just not in point. Would it be that bad to drop a , returning from injury, dier or wanyama with this option.

He'd have to oust Sissoko too mind.... :chicco:

...Meh anyway will do as another 3 points after what looked like a horribly cold night at selhurst.
I Do love that stadium I grew up messing about with a joint programme with Leyton Orient and Wimbledon and we regularly got free or cheap tickets to the home games. Have to admit I was a kinda two person team at the time when I was younger I bought a Wimbledon shirt with Ekoku" on the back him and Chris Perry night have been my favourite players. Bunny jones was a proper gentleman always talked to the people when he had time haha

Anyway hope everyone got home safe and managed in the cold :)

That's sounds brutally schizophrenic....

palacevsttottenham26-0.jpg

Something likeable about him isn't there?

He just looks happy being a professional footballer. Always smiling. That picture above of him celebrating his goal, it's like a scene from a movie where a little kid is asked to play in the big game and ends up scoring a winner.

Something likeable about him isn't there?

He just looks happy being a professional footballer. Always smiling. That picture above of him celebrating his goal, it's like a scene from a movie where a little kid is asked to play in the big game and ends up scoring a winner.

Looks happy and humble.... But I think he'll be a double-hard bastard when the cause arises.

(Think's back to his admirable handling of Andy Carrol's thuggy tactics and few other brave interceptions he's made.)

Looks happy and humble.... But I think he'll be a double-hard bastard when the cause arises.

(Think's back to his admirable handling of Andy Carrol's thuggy tactics and few other brave interceptions he's made.)

I agree.

Must be a bit surreal for him. Literally a month ago he wasn't getting any game time and suddenly he's being called up to the Argentina national team, starting in the Premier League and even scoring in the competition on just his 2nd start.

Definitely think he's got a nasty streak in him.

This lad has a massive future. Mark my words. He was fantastic tonight. Second only to Sissoko imo. And if there was ever a career ending comment, second only to Sissoko is right up there
:avbshit:

Back
Top Bottom