Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will be up there. Maybe not VVD money as he was proven in the PL, but up there. If Toby was believed to be going for 50+ then De Ligt will be up there since he is so young.

That being said I think we are strong with Juan, Sanchez, Dier.

I guess my underlying point is that if peeps are so eager to see us 'go big' at CM, are calling for better FBs and still hanker for a quality ST to cover for Kane (not to mention the general game-wide fan-fetish for AMs that some share) something's got to give....

Meanwhile...

We have arguably the best collection of CBs in the league (and beyond).

Vetonghen
Alderwiereld
Sanchez
Foyth
Dier

If Toby doesn't renew, i think expecting anything more than a 'modest' replacement to occupy 4th berth is bordering on greedy.

I hear what you and Reidy Reidy are saying.... In an ideal world, of course i want the best in every position (inc. bench).... But there's a balance dictated by internal and external factors.... i.e. Size of our budget, other more urgent requirements in other positions + competition for his signature (likely from richer and more glamorous options... As noted by Reidy Reidy ; go to (eg) Juve and he could potentially win the CL!).

Also... "Better than VVD" = Price-tag will presumably reflect that.

Yes, I see your point as well. He (or any CB really) is not top priority in some sense, but I would not play totally down player like him. It reminds me a lot of Suarez situation - he was pulling the trees from ground in Netherlands, was really brilliant but many of the big boys still snubbed him. And Liverpool (who was smaller in statue during that era) could make a brilliant-brilliant piece of business regarding him.

And I agree that this here is rather theoretical discussion, as we would have to battle with very big boys on the market for his signature (though I have little doubt that we could outbid Juve for him with ease if we'd want to..)

I can imagine palace fans thinking "ohhh that's the kid that gave away those pens for them the week before...our strikers can finally bag a few goals" when the line up was announced.

You've been Foyth'd.

Foyth starting for Argentina tomorrow.

What a season he's having

Santiago Ascacibar, who currently plays for Stuttgart and was called up to the Argie NT looks very good to my eye. He and Foyth used to play for Estudiantes, so they go back. A cheeky bid for him wouldn't be a bad idea:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom