Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't know about this kid. I just have this gut feeling he is a one time wonder.

I still have to see how he does against a more tougher opposition.

(Just hoping Poch is not favoring him BECAUSE he is Argentine.)

I have seen it many times with Lamela. (Not that he is bad. But he didn't do anything for the club the past 4 years barring inj and etc)
giphy.gif

That's amazing considering how little team time hes had. Can only assume he made a lot of ripples in Argentina while a youth player.
Mammana got his first international cap before he made a single first team appearance, so not really sure what to make of it TBH.

Actually thought he had a pretty good game considering it was his first PL start.

Hopefully the two pens don't set him back confidence-wise.
Very good game but obviously a bit rocked by the penalties.

Mistakes will happen. It is a risk that comes with playing in defence. He'll learn and grow from it. Poch will make sure of that

I have a feeling Poch will stick with him vs PSV to show faith after the penalties. He was playing really well and you don't want two isolated moments (one not really his fault) dent his confidence. The sooner he gets back on the pitch the better.

I have a feeling Poch will stick with him vs PSV to show faith after the penalties. He was playing really well and you don't want two isolated moments (one not really his fault) dent his confidence. The sooner he gets back on the pitch the better.
He's not in the CL squad so he is not eligible vs PSV. But I can see him get more action in the league

I wonder if he'll be registered for the Europa, I know we have problems re homegrown, but give him a few games in there.
We'd have to bring in one or two homegrowns in January for that to work. Or drop another non homegrown. So say that Moose's injury ta him out until April/May I guess we could drop him out and put Juan in

Great game aside from the penalties. Tripps caused the first one in any case. I like that Juan is not afraid of a battle. Can pass and carry the ball well. Seems to be quick and good positionally.

Great game and both pens not his fault.

Trippier was out of his mind trying to come inside with a nutmeg right next to our box. That was pure stupidity.

The second imo was a total square up by the ref for the goal they scored which was incorrectly called offside.

That second penalty happens all the time and rarely gets called. Such a bad decision and one that completely ruined the kids confidence.

Two games in a row he’s played well now, I really hope those two unlucky moments don’t completely ruin his confidence right now. He should be holding his head up high.

Good to see fans (the forum) being linient on him for the two pens yesterday - hopefully Poch was too. He played well overall - could only really fault him for the second one

I only saw the first half, so I missed the penalty calls... How bad were the challenges?

First was a pen, he dived in after a fuck up by Tripps ... poor challenge the guy was facing away from goal ...

Second was a 50-50 if not a 30-70 sort of challenge you see often enough 'clumsy but no intent' ... think the ref was looking to give them something and this was his chance ...

Back
Top Bottom